Rancor auto without thrawn

Is there a rancor solo possible without thrawn? If so, what speeds are needed?

Replies

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't seen another. But maybe a team around teebo lead.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    The Thrawn lead doesn't work on auto anymore after the AI change.

Zader lead can still auto with Jyn, and very good speed mods.
  • Options
    There are a few set ups that can auto rancor, i haven't even seen the Thrawn one yet
  • Options
    There are a few set ups that can auto rancor, i haven't even seen the Thrawn one yet
    Like what?
    I have Jyn Zader Tarkin , don't know who to add.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Like what?

Zader, Jyn, Tarkin, and pretty much any two other Sith/Empire toons can do it if they have enough speed. Magmatrooper has a TM reduction move. Shoretrooper can provide a taunt to give you cover if the Rancor gets a turn. Sidious adds DoTs, as does Nihilus. Both can give you good damage to get it over with faster.

But again, Zader, Jyn, Tarkin, and any two characters who benefit from Zader lead can do it IF you speed them up a lot.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Like what?

Tarkin won't help since he stops his AOE TMR in P4 when there's only 1 target.
    You can try other single target TMR such as Bistan or FO Officer.
    Or settle for Auto P1-3 and manual P4.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Like what?

Zader, Jyn, Tarkin, and pretty much any two other Sith/Empire toons can do it if they have enough speed. Magmatrooper has a TM reduction move. Shoretrooper can provide a taunt to give you cover if the Rancor gets a turn. Sidious adds DoTs, as does Nihilus. Both can give you good damage to get it over with faster.

But again, Zader, Jyn, Tarkin, and any two characters who benefit from Zader lead can do it IF you speed them up a lot.

If I'm not mistaken, Sidious will land expose on boss (P2-3) and that counts as additional damage which triggers boss 5% TM gain. Dooku will be a better Sith as he is fast and can damage twice to trigger Zader lead.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Like what?

If I'm not mistaken, Sidious will land expose on boss (P2-3) and that counts as additional damage which triggers boss 5% TM gain. Dooku will be a better Sith as he is fast and can damage twice to trigger Zader lead.

It's an inconsequential amount to have 5% extra TM every couple of turns if your team is fast enough. His DoTs stack up fast, and can really help take the Rancor down faster.
    Like what?

You can try other single target TMR such as Bistan or FO Officer.
    Or settle for Auto P1-3 and manual P4.

All Empire toons help under Zader. He just gets extra TM removal during phase 2-3 while on auto.
  • Options
    I was soloing with zader, tfp, tarkin, Jyn, and rex. It was manual and took a very long time. I've since switched to zader, thrawn, DN, tarkin, Jyn and can full auto in about 17 mins.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Like what?

never underestimate the power of offence down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Well, obviously I don't have very good speed mods, my Jyn is only at 274 and I can't auto yet. I've tried various combinations of Empire and Sith and just providing feedback on all aspects of those characters I have tested. It's bad enough that Tarkin stops his AOE TMR in P4, even worse is that he also does a non-damage move every 4 turns (Intimidation Tactics) so that reduces the frequency of him triggering Zader lead.
  • Options
    I was soloing with zader, tfp, tarkin, Jyn, and rex. It was manual and took a very long time. I've since switched to zader, thrawn, DN, tarkin, Jyn and can full auto in about 17 mins.

Don't suppose you could link us to your swgoh page? I run a manual team that could probably manual solo but I don't have time for that. Rancor isn't a huge priority, though, so I can wait for 7* Thrawn if my mods are realistic enough to full auto.
  • Options

Don't suppose you could link us to your swgoh page? I run a manual team that could probably manual solo but I don't have time for that. Rancor isn't a huge priority, though, so I can wait for 7* Thrawn if my mods are realistic enough to full auto.

https://swgoh.gg/u/barium stargirion/

My Tarkin is only g9 and jyn g8 all the rest are g11. Speed on Thrawn, and Jyn.. the rest or whatever...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Get chaze his opness makes rancor have heartattack n just die
  • Options
    Jyn, bistan, chaze, thrawn. Can probably auto as well...
  • Options
    No thrawn? Try teebo lead...