GoH Needs To Go Live with Multiplayer!

This would be the best move the developers could possibly make right now. There is enough of a player base amassed by now and enough people invested into the brand. Add this element EA. You will see this flip it's lid and start becoming a much bigger deal in the gaming scene... Just saying.

Replies

• Options
    Totally agree
  • Options
    *thumbs up*
  • Options
    Won't happen and it doesn't make sense to. Essentially you would need to re-write the game. Isn't 250 million in revenue so far good enough?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    No, it does not.
    First, there is difference in fighting against AI or Player here. Just difficulty may be...
    Second, one player is attacking, another is on defense. From defense perspective, you cannot choose the time you are to be attacked. I do not want to deal with it when I am with my family, at work or driving...
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    It would be fun as some additional activity. Probably with small to no rewards at the beginning, just to see how it goes. Definitely not instead or arena
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    This would make the game even more time consuming. There's also the fact that players with weaker connections or older devices would be at a disadvantage in situations like this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this game isn't suited for PvP.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    this game isn't suited for PvP.

Not pvp with rewards or rank like arena, but definitely challenge a friend or guildmember who is online type of pvp.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Rework the game? How about a new game mode? The ... PvP arena.
    Then it works like any other game with matchmaking. It can't be structured like the current arena, but there are tons of models that could work great
    There's no reason real time PvP should be prevented.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    My last game had this. It was tournament style where you fought when you had the time over a week long period. Each win or tie gave you points, the amount of points decided your opponent and payout tier. Each player had a time limit to make a decision

Just need matchmaking, an individual timer and a tier/reward system which they could take some foundation from tournaments.
  • Options
    Won't happen and it doesn't make sense to. Essentially you would need to re-write the game. Isn't 250 million in revenue so far good enough?

No you wouldn't. Just one new mode. Live pvp mode. Keep everything else the same. Talked to my programmer friends..... Would be relatively simple to create a framework for the new mode. No need to mess with what's already here.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Yeah and next we want a bubble shooter mode, build our city and defend that and evolving into big dragons... You know, playstore is full of pvp games. Dowload this games if you wanna play pvp.

No we don't. There's another star wars shooter game coming that's already been launched in Australia.
  • Options
    Being a turn based game. Multiplayer (like a first person shooter or something) makes zero sense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I think a couple of people commenting are underestimating how bad the AI really is in this game.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    As this game is turn based it shouldn't be to hard to introduce PvP.

It would be nice to battle friends and guild mates live without any AI. I have played a lot of turn based games where you can play live vs friends and found it a lot of fun.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The way fleet battles lag or crash all the time now since this last update for me no thx.
    Couldn't play and trust this game to work properly.
  • Options
    Live PvP +1000000
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Being a turn based game. Multiplayer (like a first person shooter or something) makes zero sense.

Exactly. I came to this game because it was turn based and not live pvp. I have zero interest in that.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    J_Starseed wrote: »

Exactly. I came to this game because it was turn based and not live pvp. I have zero interest in that.

Live PvP would be exact thing now but difference is you'll be playing a human being
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the conversation! Just to reiterate... my point is to keep the game exactly how it is, but just ADD a live PvP arena that does not replace any other current game mode. I just want an intelligent oppponent that isn't prodictable or lack luster in strategy. It would also be nice to have something to do while all my
    resources reset.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the conversation! Just to reiterate... my point is to keep the game exactly how it is, but just ADD a live PvP arena that does not replace any other current game mode. I just want an intelligent oppponent that isn't prodictable or lack luster in strategy. It would also be nice to have something to do while all my
    resources reset.

Exactly.
    It's really the only logical next step.