My SWGOH wishlist

Prev1
LRMoser
139 posts Member
Top 5 things I would love to see in this game that would make me enjoy it more (no reworks, Nerfs, or bug fixes).

1. Test Mode- I would love to be able to try out my characters against another team of my choosing in a test mode. No rewards are needed but I want to be able to pick the team I go against along with a difficulty rating Very Hard would me maxed out with 5 dot yellow mods fully upgraded, Hard would be Lvl 85's GL 10 and 5 dot purple mods fully upgraded, Medium would be level 85 GL 9 with 5 dot green mods fully upgraded, Easy would be your current level GL 8 with 5 dot grey mods fully upgraded. I think this would allow us as players to try out new combinations that might see their way into area.

2. Ship raid- I know territory battles are coming and I have high hopes that this will satisfy this. Right now ships are only important to get zetas (and maybe some Chirrut shards). I want to be able to use ships more. I think a ship raid is the best way to do it. It just seems that when you had a kind of new game mode that you would want to expand it in different ways.

3. Location Bonuses- This also might be added in territory wars but where I would like to see it is in arena. Every month have arena take place at a certain location (for example Endor, Hoth, Jedi Temple, Death Star). For that month that location provides certain tags a special bonus for that month. So if you are battling on Endor all Ewoks gain +5 speed and +5% evasion for each living Ewok on your team or In the Jedi temple all Jedi gain 50% chance to revive after being defeated. I think this would really shake up the arena and make it way more interesting.

4. Outfit changes- I would love in the character screen to be able to select different looks for characters. Like clones with or without helmets. I know not all characters would have a different look but I think this would be interesting. I would even think it would be fun to unlock the outfit change by using the character in unannounced ways. So like Rex with helmet you would need to beat Node 6 with Rex, or Kylo without facemask by using his ship in ship battles.

5. MOD management- I would love to see a better MOD management system along with free removal. I think this is a difficult thing to update because I don't know what would make it better but right now it is clucky. Even if we could favorite a MOD that would be awesome. (Really I would love them to get rid of all secondary stats on Mods and increase the type bounus but they are in too deep to change that)

Replies

• Options
    They'll never let us change outfits when they can make a different era toon for us to buy
  • Options
    +1 to everything excep the outfit change
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    I particularly like your location bonus for Arena, with the rotation each month. It would be very nice and would probably shake up the rankings a bit. And not all shards need to have the same location at the same time.

Instead of ship raids, I'd like to see a string of PvE ship battles, like the LS/DS/Cantina battles. With a few more ships (like TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, Ebon Hawk, etc - and their pilots). Raids are too dependent on your guild, and it may be frustrating if you have to wait for all your guildmates to be ready to start them.

Agree too on mod management. At least, being able to group mods as a given set, or simplifying the way you can take a mod off of a character to give to another.
  • Options
    -1 for outfit changes and ship raid, +1 for the others
  • Options
    All these too much coding for devs.
  • Options
    Mostly good ideas, especially the location bonuses in PVP. However, I have no interest in playing dress up with the SWGOH characters.
  • Options
    +1 to everything excep the outfit change

+1
  • Options
    They'll never let us change outfits when they can make a different era toon for us to buy

Not necessary, vanity is a good sell in most online games, and it only needs skins changes, which it makes it cheap to develop, not need for animations nor testing powers that can break the game balance.

Imagine clones with helmets as an example, or different outfits for Leia, Fynn with armor and many others that have more than one main look. Different era character is when there is a real change in the character, Palpatine changed a lot his combat, more force powers and no sabers anymore, Ahsoka has grown from a teenager to a 30 year old woman, Obi One totally different too, and the biggest difference Vader and Anakin. The only exception is Han Solo, but it has sense, somebody so important can not be Raid only, the STH gives us one of the VIP heroes to play with until we get him in his canonical and exclusive look.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I particularly like your location bonus for Arena, with the rotation each month. It would be very nice and would probably shake up the rankings a bit. And not all shards need to have the same location at the same time.

Instead of ship raids, I'd like to see a string of PvE ship battles, like the LS/DS/Cantina battles. With a few more ships (like TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, Ebon Hawk, etc - and their pilots). Raids are too dependent on your guild, and it may be frustrating if you have to wait for all your guildmates to be ready to start them.

Agree too on mod management. At least, being able to group mods as a given set, or simplifying the way you can take a mod off of a character to give to another.

@Ambassador
    I didn't even think about different shards having a different location, that would be cool if it was possible. Of all the ideas this would be the one I would think would be the most likely because it could spur on people spending money in order to boost up a character. Could you imagine if Dathomir was the location and gave bonuses to nightsisters. There might be a rush to stay at the top of arena to buy gear, shards, and Mods for the nightsisters. Or if you happened to like nightsisters and already have them geared up and all the sudden you rocket your way to the top of the leaderboards.

Also, I think a PvE would be awesome for ships. I wouldn't want it in place of raids but in addition to ship raids.
  • Options
    I've seen time after time many players and developers talk about upgrading mod management. I think we could adopt a method currently used in another game.

Before swgoh, I was captivated with a browser-based flash game, Unlimited Ninja which was a Naruto fan favorite for years. Similar to swgoh, you have different formats and are constantly changing items on characters. They eventually implemented a trade system, where you could select who to pull items from and who they should go to. One click of a button and the "mods" or "gear" were swapped. Think about swapping R2D2's speed mods to Cody with just a couple clicks. Just a suggestion
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    1. Would be nice but highly unlikely as there'd be little money to make
    2. Not enough ships and no 7* fleet commanders
    3. No, it'd make arena RNG based rather than skill
    4. No, especially with different versions of the same character it'd be very confusing
    5. Absolutely
  • Options
    Maybe a simple Target Dummy would be helpful... Pick a character that is max'd out from the "Developer Inventory" and pick my squad and allow me to take a few swings, so to speak so that I can test different leads and unique while observing the type of damage possible....

Just a random thought.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Not big on reskinning toons. The others aren't bad. Mod management needs some serious reworking. At least let us sell a mod directly when we are looking at it rather than making us go to a seperate "sell" area.
    Personally, I think it would be cool if the environment gave a bonus to the DEFENDING team. It'd help make up for the AI on defense. Nothing that impacts speed/TM, but a little boost to potency/tenacity/offense would be nice. And it's still random, so you don't know EXACTLY what you are getting until you are in the battle. Also, no crates/parked ties that impact the battle, please.
    Im sure ship raid will come...though more likely as part of a phase rather than a full 4 phase raid. Not enough ships available yet for that. And training/testing would be nice, but I'd rather have the others.
  • Options
    I wish we could put a custom label on mods. Not anything big but if u swap them around u can tell what toon u originally borrowed it from.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    1. Yes, and to add...Raid Practice Mode. Choose your difficulty and your starting phase.

2. Ships need something. Hopefully TB will cater for that.

3. Yes, Scarif map, Rogue One characters cannot be buffed... :|

4. Actually Ok with this one. Maul and Anakin with cloak for sure.

5. Definitely

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    -1 to ship raid, I nearly quit because of that. Luckily I managed to 3* that dumb mat challenge now so at least I can sim it. Please no more forced content ever again.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    No such thing as forced content... the devs created a game and you decided to play it. The devs decided that in order to sim the challenge, the path was to increase the power of your ships...

Otherwise, you could just buy the stoopid zeta from fleet shipments... with your weak-as-circus-lemonade payouts because you don't like to increase the power of your ships.

Either way, no one is forcing you to play.

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't do ship content, then how are you supposed to get zeta mats? You know, the mats that have absolutely nothing to do with ships and everything to do with every other aspect of the game?
  • Options
    If you don't spend energy, how are you supposed to level up? If you don't join a guild, how are you supposed to get guild currency? If you don't develop you Rebels, how are you supposed to unlock Emperor Palpatine?

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Okay so you're just nitpicking over semantics then? You're really trying too hard and to continue this discussion with you would be a waste of effort for me.
  • Options
    Just hoping you'll follow through with your threat to quit the game if the devs introduce content that you don't like... win/win for us all.

• Options
    Jar-Jar, we need to drag the devs to the Hague if we don't get Jar-Jar.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    If you don't do ship content, then how are you supposed to get zeta mats? You know, the mats that have absolutely nothing to do with ships and everything to do with every other aspect of the game?

@Olga
    I just don't understand why you would not want more content?
  • Options
    He just doesn't want content that he doesn't like (ships) required to play to get to the thing he really wants (zeta mats)

• Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    Top 5 things I would love to see in this game that would make me enjoy it more (no reworks, Nerfs, or bug fixes).

1. Test Mode- I would love to be able to try out my characters against another team of my choosing in a test mode. No rewards are needed but I want to be able to pick the team I go against along with a difficulty rating Very Hard would me maxed out with 5 dot yellow mods fully upgraded, Hard would be Lvl 85's GL 10 and 5 dot purple mods fully upgraded, Medium would be level 85 GL 9 with 5 dot green mods fully upgraded, Easy would be your current level GL 8 with 5 dot grey mods fully upgraded. I think this would allow us as players to try out new combinations that might see their way into area.

2. Ship raid- I know territory battles are coming and I have high hopes that this will satisfy this. Right now ships are only important to get zetas (and maybe some Chirrut shards). I want to be able to use ships more. I think a ship raid is the best way to do it. It just seems that when you had a kind of new game mode that you would want to expand it in different ways.

3. Location Bonuses- This also might be added in territory wars but where I would like to see it is in arena. Every month have arena take place at a certain location (for example Endor, Hoth, Jedi Temple, Death Star). For that month that location provides certain tags a special bonus for that month. So if you are battling on Endor all Ewoks gain +5 speed and +5% evasion for each living Ewok on your team or In the Jedi temple all Jedi gain 50% chance to revive after being defeated. I think this would really shake up the arena and make it way more interesting.

4. Outfit changes- I would love in the character screen to be able to select different looks for characters. Like clones with or without helmets. I know not all characters would have a different look but I think this would be interesting. I would even think it would be fun to unlock the outfit change by using the character in unannounced ways. So like Rex with helmet you would need to beat Node 6 with Rex, or Kylo without facemask by using his ship in ship battles.

5. MOD management- I would love to see a better MOD management system along with free removal. I think this is a difficult thing to update because I don't know what would make it better but right now it is clucky. Even if we could favorite a MOD that would be awesome. (Really I would love them to get rid of all secondary stats on Mods and increase the type bounus but they are in too deep to change that)

THis is neat!
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »

@Olga
    I just don't understand why you would not want more content?
    Its not about more content, its about the game running smoothly and providing a positive experience. Ships are unweildy, slow and unstable and have caused stability issues with the rest of the game too. I also found the ships to be alienating at first, though its not so bad now I can sim the challenge. I went from enjoying the game greatly to finding the game quite depressing to play, and would have quit if it weren't for the fact I was already so heavily invested in the game. I'm not sure I'd stick around for another experience like that though. I don't have a problem with a ship raid on its own but I have issues with what a ship raid implies.

Firstly, my guild will want me to participate. If I cannot or do not, then I might have to leave my guild.
    Secondly, what are the rewards. If the rewards are meta changing, then I will be alienated from the meta and will be likely to quit. Even if the rewards are standard raid gear like furnaces and stun cuffs, I would still feel alienated from the meta because I would be at a disadvantage to players who can participate in the content. I would fall behind and probably wouldn't want to continue playing.

Zeta mats being tied to ships was already a pretty bad design choice in my opinion and I don't want to see that happen again. If a ship raid is introduced, it should affect only the ship meta. That still doesn't solve the issue of guild participation and guild expectations though, unless they create separate guilds for ship content.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    1) Jango Fett, ushering in a Bounty Hunter rework/faction pass or Separatists rework/faction pass

2) Helmets for the Clones and Sabine

3) Ship content/raid

4) Revan

5) Territory battles, that they already announced.

6) JEDI Luke (commander? no thanks)

7) More Mandalorians (Pre Vizsla for example) with Mandalorain tag re-introduced.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I agree with the other commenters, please no reskins (although clones' helmets should function like Gar Saxon).

I also like a lot of the ship stuff I'm seeing, but I have to say no LS/DS style stuff. Something definitely needs to be added for ships but I don't want to have to track another energy, and definitely nothing raidlike, I was thinking more close to Galactic War? The current fleet store is overbooked, so a fleet GW-like and another store would be cool, then maybe u could take the ships outta the current GW (always thought it was odd to have some there).
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    just fix 600 and then give us jedi luke please
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Number 5 is the most needed suggestion!