So, these Ewoks.....

I see the upcoming events for Paploo and Logray, but it doesn't mention that you "need" ewoks to actually do those events.

So, my question is, are ewoks going to be a necessity to earn a new rare character or should I be working on different toons right now?

Replies

• Options
    I would plan on needing them, better to not take the chance... plus Ewok flash events are coming soon, you will need them for the final tier of flash
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    The Logray and Paploo events are Marquee events. Those have no character requirements, they are basically shard giveaways with little commentary on abilities.

Yes, I noticed that earlier when I saw the events. Is there any word on if the Ewoks will be a requirement to earn a super-badass character? I missed out on Thrawn and now I'm kicking myself, so I just don't want to miss out on someone else.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you will need Ewoks to unlock Wicket, but maybe not?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    What is the best Ewok comp? It kinda looks like Chirpa lead, Logray, Paploo, wicket and Ahsoka. Though I have seen some say Leia would work well due to stealth.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I would be shocked if Wicket were actually a legendary character. We just got Thrawn and R2, not long before, I don't think they'd release another one for some time at least. Also, If the ewoks would be used on a legedary character unlock, my guess is that it would be Threepio, but sometime down the road. They need to give us time to be able to build a 5th ewok for the event, so Don't expect anything for about 3 months at least. And that's if they want to do to Threepio what they did with Thrawn and release the toons to farm with very little time to actually farm them for the event. Let's hope they don't repeat that.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Wicket is a "modifed marquee" per tophat on the galactic war report podcast.

I have no inside knowledge but hope you have to fight an ATST in a mini raid like event.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    What is the best Ewok comp? It kinda looks like Chirpa lead, Logray, Paploo, wicket and Ahsoka. Though I have seen some say Leia would work well due to stealth.

@Olddumper I'd personally go with R2 and Combat Analysis Zeta. Ewoks love crits (Especially Wicket's unique) so they'd be getting a lot out of the bonus crit chance AND the cleanse on crit would be very nice, not to mention R2 can smokescreen to stealth all but one Ewok and then burning is always nice, and stun on the basic will come in handy. Fulcrum Ahsoka is another nice idea, but I don't think she helps the team as a whole whereas R2 certainly helps out the whole team. Fulcrum just benefits from all of the buffs and would be a good team for her to be in, but I don't know if she'd make it the best team as a whole.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok flash events are coming down the pipeline, per the announcement if I recall correctly, so you'll need them at certain star levels but gear shouldn't be an issue unless they've changed the event unit aspect of Flash Events.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    I'm thinking you will need Ewoks to unlock Wicket, but maybe not?

Negative. Wicket will have a Marquee event later in July where you can unlock a 3-star version him, same as other Marquee events.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    Legendary events are different than marquee events. Marque unlock characters at 2 stars and have no character requirements. Legendary events require specific characters at 5* to unlock e.g. yoda, palpie, r2 and thrawn.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok Marquee Events - Play with the new Ewoks and get free character shards!
    Ewok Double Drops - Ewoks are popping up around the Cantina all month long - check back daily to see if your favorite Ewok is causing Double Drop mischief
    Ewok Flash Events - Power up your Ewok squad to dominate Flash Events and get rare gear and other rewards

You'll need the ewoks for the flash events.. now.. did they give shards from flash events in the past or just gear and credits? can't remember.

Either way, being able to participate in the content should be reason enough to do your ewoks now during the event (especially chirpa and EE and teebo who have uses in the game already) after that, find uses for the squad in raids or hope/speculate they might be needed in the upcoming content or to unlock a toon.
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Flash events , marquee type, so if they are like previous events they will provide the toons including the new ones that are reward for that event.

If they stay true to form there will be multiple tiers that would require different star level of existing ewok toons to be unlocked.

Bonus tier would use your ewoks and provide the event reward toon as the extra toon (only 4 ewoks in the game ATM)

The rewards themselves are 3 star toons; 22nd event for Paploo and 24th for logray this was shared by the devs.
  • Options
    It's going to be marquee events to unlock 3* versions.

Then $$$$$$$ if you want to use them in raids.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    The first flash event gave Jawa Scavenger shards for the first-time reward on tiers 1-2.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    The first flash event gave Jawa Scavenger shards for the first-time reward on tiers 1-2.

Do you remember what star level was needed for Luke to do the bonus tier in this event?
  • Nymet83
    36 posts Member
    Options

Do you remember what star level was needed for Luke to do the bonus tier in this event?

It was 6 stars