Galactic Wars

Prev1
Why is this so hard? I waste so much time trying to get through this every day. I never win. Sometimes my good teams get close but then node 9 started knocking out all my toons no matt r how strong they were. Now node 5 is doing it and I can't beat it. This is just crazy.

Replies

• Options
    What's your A team, B team, and C team?
  • Options
    I have EP, DV, Royal Guard, TFP, and vary last one. Rebel team is Wedge, Diggs, Leia, Scraiff, LSO droid. I also have all Phoenix, all Ewoks and Ugnault.

May not have all those names right. I have been given advice on teams and they work for awhile but then they make it harder and they stop working. I alternate to high teams I have to first second and third. I have a Jedi team too. And Jawas etc.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    I have EP, DV, Royal Guard, TFP, and vary last one. Rebel team is Wedge, Diggs, Leia, Scraiff, LSO droid. I also have all Phoenix, all Ewoks and Ugnault.

May not have all those names right. I have been given advice on teams and they work for awhile but then they make it harder and they stop working. I alternate to high teams I have to first second and third. I have a Jedi team too. And Jawas etc.

There are better teams, I used a DN lead sith team before Thrawn, but now I use a Thrawn lead team with EP, Tarkin, Shoretrooper and Veers (Vader attacks do less damage than him and he has got sinergy with Shore). This team can do all nodes except 12, wich is always a better Thrawn lead with GK, Chaze or Shore and death troopers.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Jls73
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Well the whales have struck again 11th node of GW they had a Tano Fulcum fully maxed out. Little ridiculous seeing how it just got added to the data packs less than a week ago but your that much of a loser that u have to buy a team.
  • Options
    Jls73 wrote: »
    Well the whales have struck again 11th node of GW they had a Tano Fulcum fully maxed out. Little ridiculous seeing how it just got added to the data packs less than a week ago but your that much of a loser that u have to buy a team.

I had a maxed out Fulcrum Ahsoka a day or two after they released her in my Node 12. Haven't seen her since though, thankfully.
  • Options
    I keep working on building up new teams and always seem to have the wrong ones. It takes so long to get one to full strength and all geared up. Lately I have. Even working on Ewoks and Phoenix because they were being pushed so I thought I should. I am working on Thawn and DN too but I am missing some older strong ones too. It just takes me forever to get gear. So many pieces that are hard to get.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    But do you use the right strategy ? You have to build TM and keep the specials off cooldown on the #1-5 nodes, then spare your good teams for the nodes #9, 11 & 12 (and if possible only 11 & 12). For #6-10 (maybe except 9), you use D, E or F team.
    That is, if you did not push your top team too high above the rest of your roster.
  • Options
    It is true I don't understand how to figure out the right strategy. I don't know what TM is or what keeping specials from cooldown means. I do start with my lower teams most of the time. I can use my best two teams for the highest nodes and they are still usually destroyed. I also have trouble beating teams in the arena and getting to higher levels for better rewards.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    TM is Turn Meter. You need to use your stronger teams on the lower nodes, using only basic abilities (or abilities whose cooldown is low enough that you'll get over it in the same battle), and try to end the battle with the most TM on most of your squad. Characters' TM, health/protection pools and cooldowns are kept from one battle to the next, so starting a battle with a TM advantage is important.
  • Options
    Thank you. I will pay more attention to this. I made it to node 12 this time but then they wiped out every team I had including using my top Empire team at the end.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Node 12 usually requires to take a layered approach. You have to focus with your first squad on killing one opponent (or sometimes second squad - use the first to reduce protection of all), to open the way.
  • Options
    I will try it. Thanks
  • Options
    None of this works for me. If I spend hours I might get to node 10 or 12 but then the next time node 5 wipes out most of my squads and then node 9 finishes them off. Today even node three was harder and so far I can't break through node 5.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have an account on swgoh.gg ?
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    There's an issue but no one cares to fix it. And often excessive teams get thrown at you. But people confuse it with the normal algorithm ish thats normally put out.
  • Options
    Your problem is your mods. You have too low mods for your characters' stars and gear levels. You should only use 5* mods, sell the rest while you farm it.

Also, as I suspected, too wide a gap between your top characters and the 5-20 bracket. The relative value of gear levels is exponential, not linear. I usually roughly estimate that a one-gear-level advantage is making a character twice more powerful, and a two-level advantage four times as much. To the point that I consider for GW that only characters no lower than one gear level below your top are useful. In your case, two g11 and eight g10 are those that matter.
    But this is counting on equal high-value mods - if mods are low for everyone, the importance of gear levels is even greater.

Moreover, there's a problem in farming priority and team strategy. It's your game, as long as you have fun anything goes, but really, bringing Ughnaught to 7*, lvl85, g10, is a waste of ressources. That's one mostly useless toon, even at his gear level.
    And then among the ten g10-11 characters that can work in your GW, you have 3 Empire (one of which, ST, is not great outside of a Trooper squad), 3 Rebels, 2 Jedis (Lumi is not among the best 5), 1 Clone. To complete your squads, you have to bring in g8-9 characters, or use non-synergistic teams.

My advice would be :
    - focus on mods farming, from tier 3 mods challenges (appropriate sets if possible, but any 5° is better than appropriate 1-3°)
    - gear up several g8-9 to g10, to complete the squads

Good luck !
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rlex wrote: »
    There's an issue but no one cares to fix it. And often excessive teams get thrown at you. But people confuse it with the normal algorithm ish thats normally put out.

That's not necessarily true. The devs have commented that they believe it to be WAI and not everyone will complete it 100% of the time (I did the math on my gw numbers vs days played, it was not pretty.)

It will take me a minute to track down but the devs have said the algorithm produced by one player is really close to accurate.

• Options
    Ambassador, I have had a hard time getting high mods because I haven't been able to win the tier 3 challenges. I haven't tried much lately. I do have some higher ones I need to assign, just have not had the credits to upgrade them and figure out where to put them.

I was told Ugnaught was so valuable I should get him as soon as possible along with all the Ewoks so I have been spending a lot to get that done. I haven't seen the value from it yet. Now I know why. I have been told to farm so many characters that I am really confused on which ones to concentrate on. I believe I did the wrong ones from day one and it is such a slow process to build up new ones or get the gear etc for existing ones.

I will work on the gear and mods and keep trying to get better characters/teams. Thank you for taking a look and providing a response.

I keep going backwards in battles and have only won like one out of 100 GW battles. It would be nice to get to the point where my squads can win something. Hopefully I can get the mods and gear soon to show some improvement.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador, I have had a hard time getting high mods because I haven't been able to win the tier 3 challenges. I haven't tried much lately. I do have some higher ones I need to assign, just have not had the credits to upgrade them and figure out where to put them.

I was told Ugnaught was so valuable I should get him as soon as possible along with all the Ewoks so I have been spending a lot to get that done. I haven't seen the value from it yet. Now I know why. I have been told to farm so many characters that I am really confused on which ones to concentrate on. I believe I did the wrong ones from day one and it is such a slow process to build up new ones or get the gear etc for existing ones.

I will work on the gear and mods and keep trying to get better characters/teams. Thank you for taking a look and providing a response.

I keep going backwards in battles and have only won like one out of 100 GW battles. It would be nice to get to the point where my squads can win something. Hopefully I can get the mods and gear soon to show some improvement.

Whoever told you to farm Ugnaught was trolling you.
    Good mods last you for your entire SWGOH career. Gear once equipped cannot be transferred to other characters. Mods can be transferred for a small credit cost.
    Good mods can only be found by extensively farming mods for a long long time and many RNG rolls.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks. One of our strongest Guild members said to farm them so I did. I have been trying to study up on which mods to use where but it is very hard to find the ones recommended. I need to at least get the ones I have that are four and fives to level 15 and placed.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    The most important thing about mods is this :
    - speed primary (for Arrows) and secondaries (for other types) are primordial
    - only 5* mods should be used

The exact set is less important, so even if you only have access to the Health set's mod challenge at tier 3, farm them, rather than lower versions of more appropriate sets. I fact, matching sets is less important than getting the good primaries and secondaries bonuses (Potency or Tenacity Crosses, Crit Damage Triangles, Protection Circle, Speed Arrows, plus all the Speed secondaries, etc).

And I agree with Huatimus : you have been trolled. Ugnaught is quite useless (I have all toons unlocked, except GK for now, and Ugnaught is the only one I purposefully left at lvl 1, g1). Ewoks are not bad, but not a priority - Teebo is useful on Rancor or in AAT, Chirpa is only useful for HAAT in a specific squad. Well, with the faction pass and the new Ewoks, it may change, but earlier there was little use early game for any of the four Ewoks.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. One of our strongest Guild members said to farm them so I did. I have been trying to study up on which mods to use where but it is very hard to find the ones recommended. I need to at least get the ones I have that are four and fives to level 15 and placed.

You're not going to be getting enough credits to level every 5-dot mod to level 15. I'd narrow it down to promising mods only, i.e. gold/purple mods or non-arrow mods that start with speed secondaries existing.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the info. Wish I had not spent so much on those. That is a big help on the mods. Appreciate the help!
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    You're welcome.
    A final bit : as is said above, you won't have enough credits to upgrade all mods (nearly 500k for a full 5*), and if you hard farm the tier 3 mod challenges you currently have access to, you'll find yourself with a lot of mods.
    You will see that you get many, many Squares and Diamonds, and those have fixed primaries : respectively Offense and Defense. As you get an ample choice, you may immediately sell all the grey mods, and all greens that don't have a Speed secondary, as well as those that are only 3 or 4*. You still will have plenty enough, and this makes an additional source of credits.
  • Options
    Thank you again. I need to read up and figure out how to sell them.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Can you already farm Zeta's in the shipment challenge? If not you have to work on the dark side ships.

I hope they improve the GW soon (it takes already ages...). For me it's not a problem to finish it each day, but I have really good teams with good mods and already a lot of characters with Zeta.

I hope you can improve your characters, perhaps you can finish the GW in some months.
  • Options
    Little edit: I think the GW should be a challenge but for your own roster. The teams should be fit to your teams, lvl. It's just stupid that people who don't have any Zetas get such teams...

And it's bad that people have to play such GW each day, if I would lose each day I would leave the game.
  • Options
    I only have a few Zetas and it takes 20 just for Vader. I bought one but I usually need to spend it on shards or gear. My ships are not that great yet so I haven't won many. I am concentrating on just trying to get a squad that will start winning. Don't know when I will get to the ships. I have been playing this for a lot no time and spent way too much but just can't seem to get the right stuff. It is becoming more frustrating and less fun everyday because I don't make progress. Going to work on the latest advice regarding mods etc on this string and if I don't start improving will just give up.

Thanks

• Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    I only have a few Zetas and it takes 20 just for Vader. I bought one but I usually need to spend it on shards or gear. My ships are not that great yet so I haven't won many. I am concentrating on just trying to get a squad that will start winning. Don't know when I will get to the ships. I have been playing this for a lot no time and spent way too much but just can't seem to get the right stuff. It is becoming more frustrating and less fun everyday because I don't make progress. Going to work on the latest advice regarding mods etc on this string and if I don't start improving will just give up.

Thanks

As long as you don't have a squad to use your zeta character with, hold on on actually applying it, especially if you think about applying it on one of your strongest characters (as it would increase the difficulty of your GW again). But you may start hoarding the zetas now.
    Continue to focus on farming 5* mods and increasing gear levels. :smile: