Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    August
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Luke is not Resistance just like Old Ben is not a Rebel.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options

Yes, it's Commander Luke (Hoth Luke)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

I know which Luke it is.
  • SimonC
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

He was talking about GM luke
    Edit: if he comes out
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hoth Luke is rebel... maybe they'll give him additional tags but he's for sure rebellion at that point.

Edit; to clarify, resistance term is from the prequel movies, rebel is OT as well as prequel.
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    SimonC wrote: »

GM Luke was EU - I am not sure movie Luke deserves that title, he couldn't even train anyone well enough to take on Kylo Ren and then ran away...
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options

Hoth Luke is rebel... maybe they'll give him additional tags but he's for sure rebellion at that point.

Edit; to clarify, resistance term is from the prequel movies, rebel is OT as well as prequel.

Lol,resistance is not prequel,its sequel
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Whys everyone so sure it's hoth Luke?
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Whys everyone so sure it's hoth Luke?

Because it's the only point in movies when he was referred as "Commander"
  • Options
    We already have one luke in the game. Why do people want another one??
  • Options
    Because it's the only point in movies when he was referred as "Commander"[/quote]

But they're bringing out 'Hoth Han' and 'Hoth Leia' so surely he would be called 'Hoth Luke'
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Options
    We already have one luke in the game. Why do people want another one??

Seriously?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    But they're bringing out 'Hoth Han' and 'Hoth Leia' so surely he would be called 'Hoth Luke'
    Are you 100% positive that their names are going to be "Hoth Leia" and "Hoth Han"? Or were those perhaps just descriptions of the versions of the characters and not final name choices?
    And I find it far less likely that they would have only chosen to call him "Hoth Luke" if he were indeed the version from Hoth than that they would choose to call RotJ Luke "Commander Luke" when he is referred to as a Jedi and not a Commander in that movie.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • TheKyloRen
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Are you 100% positive that their names are going to be "Hoth Leia" and "Hoth Han"? Or were those perhaps just descriptions of the versions of the characters and not final name choices?
    And I find it far less likely that they would have only chosen to call him "Hoth Luke" if he were indeed the version from Hoth than that they would choose to call RotJ Luke "Commander Luke" when he is referred to as a Jedi and not a Commander in that movie.

there is a character on swgoh.gg named hoth rebel luke
  • Options
    Massov wrote: »

GM Luke was EU - I am not sure movie Luke deserves that title, he couldn't even train anyone well enough to take on Kylo Ren and then ran away...

Im sure you nailed what actually happened.....
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    TheKyloRen wrote: »

Which can easily be renamed to Commander Luke for the character's release.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Massov wrote: »

Im sure you nailed what actually happened.....

He has no idea what happened. For all we know Luke wasn't even there when he attacked the Jedi temple (maybe he was hiding Rey in Jakku or mourning Mara-Jades death at the hands of Darth Caedus...I mean Kylo Ren) it's probably similar to Vader not going up against any legit Jedi when he stormed the Jedi temple after order 66 with a legion of clone troopers.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's the only point in movies when he was referred as "Commander"

But they're bringing out 'Hoth Han' and 'Hoth Leia' so surely he would be called 'Hoth Luke'[/quote]

Episode six they call him Commander Skywalker before he goes to endor right?
  • Options
    They did call him commander Skywalker at the rebel base in ROTJ I believe, but I'm not sure they'll go that far. I was thinking more the yellow jacket Luke from the end of ANH who appears in the comics. Like I said, if they're hoth han and hoth Leia, surely he'd just be hoth Luke?
  • Options
    My bet is for the RoTJ version. He wasn't formally a jedi yet, and this ewok faction pass is very suspicious.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Luke could also refer to Luke in his Pilot suit. He flew an X-wing past the Imperial blockade at Hoth and he fought in the battle of Hoth in his snowspeeder, and out of it with his lightsaber.
  • Options
    If they release a second luke Skywalker and neither Luke's can use a light saber imagine the forums, good thing they got a bunch of new mods they r gonna be working overtime
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    Options
    TheKyloRen wrote: »

Link? Don't see it when I search on the site...
  • Options
    If they release a second luke Skywalker and neither Luke's can use a light saber imagine the forums, good thing they got a bunch of new mods they r gonna be working overtime

They said he's going to have a lightsaber. The internal debate they're having is tagging him as a Jedi (which imo they should NOT) I'm fine with a blaster and saber (ala Sabine) and no Jedi tag. The ROTJ Luke is the only one that should be tagged as Jedi (and MAYBE) Bespin Luke.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    Episode six they call him Commander Skywalker before he goes to endor right?
    Here's the script for RotJ. At no point in RotJ's script is Luke referred to as "Commander". Indeed at the very beginning of the movie, Luke says, "I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo." That's a much better name for the RotJ version of Luke, for sure.
  • Options
    Yes commander luke is hoth luke but hoth luke is the same as bespin luke(just less clothes because hes obviously not on hoth). It will be bespin luke model and he will have a lightsaber and his blaster.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

They said he's going to have a lightsaber. The internal debate they're having is tagging him as a Jedi (which imo they should NOT) I'm fine with a blaster and saber (ala Sabine) and no Jedi tag. The ROTJ Luke is the only one that should be tagged as Jedi (and MAYBE) Bespin Luke.

I disagree because Luke had begun Jedi training from Ben at that point, so he is at least padawan status. And other padawans have the Jedi tag in game.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Yes commander luke is hoth luke but hoth luke is the same as bespin luke(just less clothes because hes obviously not on hoth). It will be bespin luke model and he will have a lightsaber and his blaster.

At Hoth Luke had not trained under Yoda. Luke at Bespin had. So his power as a Jedi are not comparable at those two points in the movie.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Commander Luke being Hoth Luke makes more sense, to tie in with the release of Territory Battles and Hoth Han/Leia.