Achievement Rewards

StarSon
7443 posts Member
So, finally hit my 2500th Arena win yesterday, and had forgotten how underwhelming all of these rewards are. An achievement that took almost 2 years got me 30 crystals (not even enough for a single arena refresh), 350k credits, and a whopping 3 Vader shards. The 10k arena wins is even worse, since it will take me another 4 years to achieve, and will only give 50 crystals, 700k credits and a an amazing 5 Vader shards.

Why, oh why, does an achievement that takes actual years to complete have such lackluster rewards?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you fight in the arena anyway, so consider it a bonus. It's not like you have to do anything extra to get this achievement. That said, some of the rewards could use a boost and it might be time to consider replacing Vader with something actually useful for long-term players, especially in the high-level ones. Now that Vader is in the fleet shop, he's not all that exclusive anymore.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Sure I do, and that's fine, but if it takes 500 days without ever losing and without ever buying a refresh, I would expect the rewards to be useful in some way.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Sure I do, and that's fine, but if it takes 500 days without ever losing and without ever buying a refresh, I would expect the rewards to be useful in some way.
    So you can't spend 700k credits?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

The 700k credits is for the 10k win achievement. But, yes, I *can* spend 700k credits, but that's less than I get in a single day of GW and yet this takes 4 years to get, and I have 42M credits, so not really bothered with 700k credits.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

The 700k credits is for the 10k win achievement. But, yes, I *can* spend 700k credits, but that's less than I get in a single day of GW and yet this takes 4 years to get, and I have 42M credits, so not really bothered with 700k credits.

Agreed 700k credits is nothing... i have over 100m.. god knows how much i will have accumalted in the years it would take to get the achievement
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Imagine how many credits you'll have in 4 years!!
    Makes the payout pointless really.
    You won't even notice it lol.
    Bragging rights I guess.
    Look at me, 10,000 wins (and no life lol)
  • Burritto
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I usually dislike posts that are like, "they should add cuffs to the daily challenges", but I think this one is completely reasonable. I don't think it comes from a greedy perspective to say that achievements that take months or years to accomplish have a reward that at least comes close to matching the excitement of getting there.

And we'd all love extra crystals, but I know this is a business. What about a bunch of credits? We get credit heists every other week that give millions of credits. Would 1-10M credits for significant achievements hit the bottom line that badly?
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    This should be rewarded really extra. Some equipment, a new 7 star toon. Credits are nothing. But toon which You can only have from this achievment would be great idea.
  • Options
    For some of those high level achievements, giving out, say, 10k shard shop points would be great. Then you could spend it how you please. Gear, toon shards, whatever. But yeah; a few hundred k credits and five Vader shards after two+ years is pretty weak tea. Used to, sure; it was a big deal because he wasn't available any other way and was a pretty good toon. With power creep and his availability in the fleet store, 7 starring him isn't that big a thing anymore.
  • Options
    +1

Please update the achievement rewards to something that makes sense given the time and dedication it takes to complete some of them. Maybe these rewards made sense when the game was introduced but I don't think that's the case anymore.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

If you have 42m, you should spend some of them. Take a character from 1 to 85 sometime.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Chiccco
    30 posts Member
    Options
    So, finally hit my 2500th Arena win yesterday, and had forgotten how underwhelming all of these rewards are. An achievement that took almost 2 years got me 30 crystals (not even enough for a single arena refresh), 350k credits, and a whopping 3 Vader shards. The 10k arena wins is even worse, since it will take me another 4 years to achieve, and will only give 50 crystals, 700k credits and a an amazing 5 Vader shards.

Why, oh why, does an achievement that takes actual years to complete have such lackluster rewards?

+1
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

If you have 42m, you should spend some of them. Take a character from 1 to 85 sometime.

I'm hoarding for content that's coming. Already have my roster in a safe place for what we have now, so no need to spend. 79 7* chars with 10 or so more that could be promoted, and 43 at level 85. I can do 8M on the tank, can solo the Pit, finish top 3 in arena every day, do 2x GW in under 25 minutes... what exactly do I need to level to 85?
  • Options
    . I can do 8M on the tank, can solo the Pit, finish top 3 in arena every day, do 2x GW in under 25 minutes... what exactly do I need to level to 85?[/quote]

CUP!
  • Options
    Mob Enforcer. You can't call yourself a master of the game if she's not completely maxed out. :wink:
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options

Yeah they didn't think that through.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Mob Enforcer. You can't call yourself a master of the game if she's not completely maxed out. :wink:

lol. Oh, she will be eventually (as will CUP), but I am no master. Just been playing for almost 2 years, and been burned one too many times without gear for new chars, so just holding everything until something worthwhile comes along. Though that has no bearing on the crazy stingy achievement rewards.
  • TNT1138
    44 posts Member
    Options
    . I can do 8M on the tank, can solo the Pit, finish top 3 in arena every day, do 2x GW in under 25 minutes... what exactly do I need to level to 85?

CUP![/quote]

Maxed out CUP is the ultimate status symbol.
    (Preferably in your arena squad)
  • Options
    I hate to rain on your parade...but if it took 2 years to get 2500 wins, then it will take 6 more to get up to 10k. Not 4.
  • Options
    I think they should change it to Darth Vaders Tie Advanced once you unlock him
  • Options

I'm hoarding for content that's coming. Already have my roster in a safe place for what we have now, so no need to spend. 79 7* chars with 10 or so more that could be promoted, and 43 at level 85. I can do 8M on the tank, can solo the Pit, finish top 3 in arena every day, do 2x GW in under 25 minutes... what exactly do I need to level to 85?

CUP.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I hate to rain on your parade...but if it took 2 years to get 2500 wins, then it will take 6 more to get up to 10k. Not 4.
    The game's only been out for a little over a year and a half. All the talk of two years is just exaggerated rounding.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should change it to Darth Vaders Tie Advanced once you unlock him

That's what I've been saying. Either way, they need SOMETHING.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).