Good leader for a Thrawn-focused Arena team? (no Veers or Tarkin yet)

Matt360
22 posts Member
I just really want to use Thrawn+Nihilus in my Arena team, but my current setup isn't really cutting it. At the moment I'm running a zFinn (L), Poe, R2, Thrawn, and Darth Nihilus team. I like this team, and I think it has potential, but I think I can do better. I usually finish between Rank 30-50, but for the last couple days it's been hard to break 50. I'm working on Death Trooper and Tarkin, and I've got a good Shoretrooper waiting to be used as well.

I've got a zeta on Thrawn's Ebb and Flow, Nihilus' unique, and R2's Number Crunch as well.

Here's a link to my guys: https://swgoh.gg/u/naidora/collection/

Any advice or strategy tips on my current team would be greatly appreciated, or some advice on who to replace, farm, etc.

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think you just need to commit one way or the other. It's tough to combine your resistance with a sith and 2 empire toons as you loose the effectiveness of the synergy both squads rely upon (resistance or empire). With your roster I would go Thrawn (L) and spend your next Zeta on it. Insert 7* Shore and your Nihilus. Vader as a fourth and then you can play around with the 5th based on who your opponents are. When Death is ready he should be an easy insert and permanent 5th.
  • Matt360
    22 posts Member
    Options
    MPac wrote: »
    I think you just need to commit one way or the other. It's tough to combine your resistance with a sith and 2 empire toons as you loose the effectiveness of the synergy both squads rely upon (resistance or empire). With your roster I would go Thrawn (L) and spend your next Zeta on it. Insert 7* Shore and your Nihilus. Vader as a fourth and then you can play around with the 5th based on who your opponents are. When Death is ready he should be an easy insert and permanent 5th.

Thanks. That seems pretty viable. Would you suggest a Thrawn lead over Tarkin or Veers? I think you're right about needing to commit. I mainly have Finn and Poe in there because my Poe is pretty quick and usually goes first, reduces opponent's TM and give Nihilus a chance to go before my opponent. But obviously the higher up the ladder I go, the faster my opponents will be. My strategy works pretty well on Wiggs teams since they are usually much slower, and sometimes Rex teams. But lately zMaul teams and Jedi teams have been kicking my ****.

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Speed definitely the biggest issue with Thrawn led team... You will need really good mods.. your resistance seems great already (gear wise, I didn't look at mods) maybe you should run them while u work on tarkin and death? You could use Tarkin for lead if you need the speed, but that zeta on Thrawns lead can make your shore **** near unkillable except for opponents Nihilus so it seems like the way to go.
  • Options
    Rex lead works well with Thrawn/R2/Nihilus... unfortunately :\

You would need a tank in there somewhere. How well would Poe do outside of Resistance?
  • Matt360
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead works well with Thrawn/R2/Nihilus... unfortunately :\

You would need a tank in there somewhere. How well would Poe do outside of Resistance?

Lol, I like the "unfortunately" bit you threw in there. I've never liked using Rex, but you're right. I think if I wanted to stick with Thrawn/Nihilus/R2, then Rex would indeed be my best bet for leader at the moment. Maybe Shore?
  • Options
    Matt360 wrote: »
    I just really want to use Thrawn+Nihilus in my Arena team, but my current setup isn't really cutting it. At the moment I'm running a zFinn (L), Poe, R2, Thrawn, and Darth Nihilus team. I like this team, and I think it has potential, but I think I can do better. I usually finish between Rank 30-50, but for the last couple days it's been hard to break 50. I'm working on Death Trooper and Tarkin, and I've got a good Shoretrooper waiting to be used as well.

I've got a zeta on Thrawn's Ebb and Flow, Nihilus' unique, and R2's Number Crunch as well.

Any advice or strategy tips on my current team would be greatly appreciated, or some advice on who to replace, farm, etc.

It will not work without gk, you need gk.
  • Matt360
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Distavion wrote: »

For which team? My current one? Or any team using Thrawn+Nihilus? I'll have GK in a month or so. Currently hoarding his gear.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    MPac wrote: »
    Speed definitely the biggest issue with Thrawn led team... You will need really good mods.. your resistance seems great already (gear wise, I didn't look at mods) maybe you should run them while u work on tarkin and death? You could use Tarkin for lead if you need the speed, but that zeta on Thrawns lead can make your shore **** near unkillable except for opponents Nihilus so it seems like the way to go.

Exactly this. I'm running Veers' lead for the speed boost and TM gain. Thrawn led teams needs speed but with good mods, I think Thrawn's lead is more efficient with troopers.
  • Options
    Distavion wrote: »

For which team? My current one? Or any team using Thrawn+Nihilus? I'll have GK in a month or so. Currently hoarding his gear.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120610/zthrawn-vs-all-auto-battle#latest
  • Options
    Rex, DN, Thrawn, GK, Zylo/R2/whatever . On offense beats anything.
  • Options
    For now, Rex(L), Thrawn, R2, Nihilus, Shore. When you get GK, swap Shore with him.
    https://youtu.be/2WDRNZ9Mx2Y
  • Options
    For now, Rex(L), Thrawn, R2, Nihilus, Shore. When you get GK, swap Shore with him.

So, did gator get his 600 by 12:30? Or did he get the hose?
  • Matt360
    22 posts Member
    Options

Thank you! That recommended team is doing great so far.
  • Options
    I really hate that a clone, a jedi, a droid, a sith lord and a grand admiral of the empire are the best team in this game that is supposed to be based on synergy.

They really need to add anti-synergy penalties to this game for multiple factions used.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader