Ewok Scout vs rancor

EDP
10 posts Member
I'm gearing my ewoks, is scout any use in a rancor solo team, it seems like he would be but I can't find any info on ewoks in recent posts. Does anyone use him, did anyone use him before Thawn?

I have tried Zader, teebo, Jyn, tfp and R2 but RNG hates me and I would like to eventually have a full auto team. I don't have Thrawn.

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    he was used in one of the earliest teams to solo the rancor. but I think he now is outdated and can be better replaced with other characters
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I think he could replace QGJ in a Teebo's lead team. He still has a good chance of TMR on his basic (55% compared to the 65% of QGJ).
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    EDP wrote: »
    I'm gearing my ewoks, is scout any use in a rancor solo team, it seems like he would be but I can't find any info on ewoks in recent posts. Does anyone use him, did anyone use him before Thawn?

I have tried Zader, teebo, Jyn, tfp and R2 but RNG hates me and I would like to eventually have a full auto team. I don't have Thrawn.

Any advice is appreciated.

Try tarkin instead of r2, jyn will give TM to teebo when not stealthed and Tarkin can get rid of so much TM too when not stealthed, r2 it's too complicated to get right with the speed, that same team I was trying rancor last night and completed 80% of p2 on auto, I was working and couldn't test fully manual, will do tomorrow but I'm convinced it will work.
  • cbk107
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok Scout used to be in my Rancor team a while ago with a Teebo lead, EE, QGJ and either Phasma or CC. The main problem I think I had is without tenacity down ES didn't reduce enough TM even when stacked with potency.
    Your problem might not be bad rng and could be Teebo's potency, I run him at about 85%.
    I've tried Jyn a few times at G10 and not really been that impressed.
    I'd take out Jyn from your team and replace with Rex if you have him which I use to solo.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    The issue with ES, Chewbaca, QGJ, TR is the RNG. They were used back in the day when better options weren't available besides Teebo or Rex.
  • Options
    Considering you could have 1,000,000 Potency and the Rancor still has a chance of Resisting, and you can hit him with Evasion Down and he can still dodge, characters who have to depend on RNG to even trigger their TMR have way too much RNG involved to be reliable when compared to better options.
  • EDP
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all, it's good to get some feedback before I go nuts on something, I will leave scout at his current gear level and invest some gear in Tarkin instead. I misread his ability and thought his omega would add 15 to the 55% and take it to 70, I realise now 55% is the max, luckily I haven't omegad yet.

I'll continue to work on other ewoks though, just for fun.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I personally found ewok scout a bit underwhelming in a team with Teebo lead and ewok elder mainly due to the relatively low chance of removing TM compared to QGJ and Rex. He wasn't as reliable as I had hoped. However, that might have changed now with his recent rework. He now has a chance to call an assist with his special, which could have a high chance of either removing TM from the Rancor (QGJ, Rex, Teebo etc.) or granting it to the team (EE). That's clearly an improvement if most of his allies van do that with their basic.