Thrawn or Zader lead against triple cleanse?

Debating on whether to double zeta Thrawn and try him out. Probably 16 out of the top 20 are triple cleanse teams at any given time. I do fine with zader, SA, GK, DN, Thrawn sometimes swapping in R2/B2 and defense holds fair.

Payout nemisis uses Rex, Chaze, zzR2 and DN (unique zeta) so primarily looking for a team that is the most difficult for them.

Thrawn I thought about zzThrawn, DT, ShT, DN and either GK or Stormtrooper.

Replies

• Options
    That last team you mentioned is a meta team right now and generally holds very well. I held at 4th all day yesterday running it on a launch shard.
  • Options
    It depends on your mods and shard really. I currently run thrawn (l)(251), DT (194), shore (196), DN (206), GK (198). I can get to first easily, but drop to mid 20s. My GK and shore are inky g10 though, so that might be part of the problem.

https://swgoh.gg/u/elebrind/
  • Options
    Elebrind wrote: »
    It depends on your mods and shard really. I currently run thrawn (l)(251), DT (194), shore (196), DN (206), GK (198). I can get to first easily, but drop to mid 20s. My GK and shore are inky g10 though, so that might be part of the problem.

You need to drop that crit damage triangle on GK for protection. Losing a little speed is worth it. He's way too squishy right now.
  • Options
    Thought Thrawn was surposed to be slow so his fracture would benefit more :)
  • Options

wrong
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Rex, Thrawn, R2, DN, GK. That's the meta.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Your 2 tanks are not strong enough. As said @PhiGonSharobi drop your crit damage triangle and put a protection module. Your ShT is gr 10 and only 29k prot. At that gear, he should be at least 40k prot.

To OP, if your shard is full of triple cleanse, it's a bit risky to play Vader since on defense, you'll lose more easily than with Thrawn. If Vader drops his DoTs on Tenacity Up, that's almost done.
  • Options
    I guess more disclosure, I've been 1 the last 6 months about 90% of the time on a 3 way contested payout when my wife lets me. Lost on offense maybe twice to zaul and RNG the last month and stay anywhere from 12-22 overnight.

Really looking to see if zzThrawn is an improvement over Rex led 3x cleanse before I double zeta. Assume max toons and good mods. I do have the fastest mods on my shard, which is why I'm able to run Empire to begin with.
  • Options
    Distavion wrote: »

wrong

This, you thrawn to neutralize GK or Baze first move. He slows during fracture and after thrawn means he resets faster. You can also use him to make DT gernade first since he's slower if he's not under Tark lead.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »

I ran that after Thrawn was released. It's OK, wouldn't say it's meta, it's easily beatable by Chaze triple.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    To OP, if your shard is full of triple cleanse, it's a bit risky to play Vader since on defense, you'll lose more easily than with Thrawn. If Vader drops his DoTs on Tenacity Up, that's almost done.

That's what SA's job is, go first then Zader then thrawn then GK then DN. SA won't trigger Rex TM. The real problem I imagine is R2 stealthing everyone but Baze so it's the same as a taunt w no dispeller. Due to R2 and cheese chirrut , Baze won't die and be fully healed quickly nullifying the fracture. GK will put retribution up but since everyone is stealthed for 2 turns, that is also nullified. Dots are helpful but the match is over before he can do a second one and with no other Empire there's no TM manipulation.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

Disagree with that. I have a whale in my shard that alternatives two teams regularly and that one I can beat on offence most of the time.

However Thrawn, DN, DT, GK and ShT are far superior. With thrawn lead he has DT criting for 20k on basic. The extra TM from ShT is also a big difference when they go about healing themselves all the time. Getting past him and GK is a nightmare with 1 toon fractured and cooldowns constantly being increased.

• Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, switched some mods
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, switched some mods

Much better! Gear XI will help a ton too. My GK has about 61k protection with the same primaries on mods.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    1 stun cuff from g11
  • Options

It's the same flavor of team we've been facing. Fracture DN and the build does no damage - same as all the cleanse based teams now. There's nothing special or different at all about that setup. Same hide the Nihilius strategy that's been around for months.