Today is a terrible day

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    He tried so hard, and got so far..
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    He was right... "These wounds, they" did not heal.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    It took a while, I'm too **** logical, but it's getting to me. Linkin Park was my entire teen-hood. They have been playing Linkin Park on the radio the whole drive home, the lyrics... I used to listen to the music through my perspective on life, but now, listening to it through Chesters pain... so real, so sad.

There's a video of him singing with his best friend Chris Cornell, the connection there was palpable.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    It took a while, I'm too **** logical, but it's getting to me. Linkin Park was my entire teen-hood. They have been playing Linkin Park on the radio the whole drive home, the lyrics... I used to listen to the music through my perspective on life, but now, listening to it through Chesters pain... so real, so sad.

There's a video of him singing with his best friend Chris Cornell, the connection there was palpable.

Right? The first time I ever heard a Linkin Park song was 6 years ago. I was 16, and was driving to Chicago by myself. I was channel surfing, and Burn It Down came on. I pulled over to the side of the road and scribbled the lyrics on a napkin so I could look them up later. The raw emotion in Chester's voice was so powerful.
    You're right about the connection with Cornell. I don't think it was a coincidence that he killed himself on Chris's birthday, hanging himself just like Cornell did.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    he was just a part of growing up it's weird seing your heroes suffer like this
  • Options
    I've been a fan of LP my whole adult life... since Hybrid Theory came out.. they ushered me into rock. I connected with the lyrics in many of their songs.. the raw emotion. Most of their music (not just the hits) have resonated through my life at various points and have helped me grow as a person.

I'm sure the music has helped many a soul who were lost or confused throughout some point in life. Celebrity deaths normally do not hit that close to home and even though i didnt know him, i felt like i did. After all, we are all human beings. Depression, drug abuse, sexual abuse..... those scars do not heal. 7/20/2017 was a very painful day. Rest easy, Chester.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

Right? The first time I ever heard a Linkin Park song was 6 years ago. I was 16, and was driving to Chicago by myself. I was channel surfing, and Burn It Down came on. I pulled over to the side of the road and scribbled the lyrics on a napkin so I could look them up later. The raw emotion in Chester's voice was so powerful.
    You're right about the connection with Cornell. I don't think it was a coincidence that he killed himself on Chris's birthday, hanging himself just like Cornell did.

Burn It Down was definitely one of my favorite songs by him. I still remember when I first knew of LP. I was watching Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen in 2009 which was 8 years ago and I was 12 at the time. I've always loved rock, but when they started to play New Divide by LP, I was like "Who is that??? The lead singer has some amazing vocals! I gotta find out." And I remember staying to the end of the credits just to find out who it was and it made me love the group. All their songs were great, especially New Divide, In The End... and probably the best imho mainly cause of his vocals was Burn It Down. When he sang it gave me chills. I could feel the raw emotion being poured out in every song he sang. He was a part of me growing up especially in my teen years and his music definitely played an important role in my love of alternative rock. So sad indeed. :disappointed:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ