Farming Baze to 7 star

Right now I am 49/85. I can get 5 shards for 150 crystals or go for 3 refreshes from his hard node each day. I just want to be done as quick as possible. Whats the smarter way of these two options?

Replies

• Options
    On average, you get roughly 1 shard from three sims. So, three refreshes of 150 crystals later, you've done four battles, spent 240 Light Side energy, and gotten approximately four shards to show for it. Or, you could spend 60 energy with no node refreshes, getting the roughly one shard, and spend your 150 on 5 shards for a total of six. So, buying them sounds like the better deal if the exchange rate you mentioned is legit.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Where are you getting five shards for 150 crystals?
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's 3 for 150 , I just do the 3 missions a day and buy the 3 every time I see him in the shop I started buying him in the shop like a week before he dropped down from premium shipments and I'm at like 45/100 now he does good on his own and can help take first in arena at 3* no need to rush his stars
    As for your question you could easily go 0 for 9 on his hard mode, shipment is guaranteed 3
  • Options
    I'm doing the hard node (no refresh) and buying from shipments. The rarity of the shards budgets my crystals for me, pretty much.

On any given day you can also gamble 60 LS energy + 50 crystals to refresh the node. If you get one shard, you're buying at the shipment rate (50 crystals per shard) disregarding the 60 energy you spent. If you get two you're buying at half price, if you get three you're buying at a third of the price. Make of that what you will.
  • Matt360
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I feel like I'm ready to give up farming Baze on the hard mode node. I went 0/28 over the last two weeks and I finally got a single shard today. I know bad luck is the reason, but 0/28 is ridiculous. Really discouraging, and I could have put that energy into farming GK gear.
  • Options
    Thdy need to add him to fleet or arena shipments! 1 node is nuts!
  • Options
    Its also a thought that the longer it takes players to level up characters, it maintains a goal to achieve and therefore maintains interest.. Im getting to the point where i am struggling to find characters wortht of energy, crystals, gear, etc
  • Options
    If the best characters were quick to level up and max, the game would get stale because there really is no incentive to the game other than leveling up characters
  • Options
    That is of course, as a p2p team.. I am at the top of both arenas, GW is fun but not difficult, and raids are a breeze.. If it werent for leveling Baze and other quality toons slowly, i wouldnt know what to do other than spending currency on lame-o characters out of boredom
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Where are you getting five shards for 150 crystals?

I said 5 for 150 crystals, which is wrong. Its actually 3 for 150.
  • Options
    In this case, it looks like it breaks even. You'll get an average of four either way, one way you spend more energy and get gear, credits, etc. in exchange, the other, less energy, none of the stuff. So, buy him when he shows up, farm him when he doesn't?
  • Options
    In this case, it looks like it breaks even. You'll get an average of four either way, one way you spend more energy and get gear, credits, etc. in exchange, the other, less energy, none of the stuff. So, buy him when he shows up, farm him when he doesn't?

I agree. It seems like with 1 hard node characters, ya take what you can get.