Too much and not enough?

Finally decided to start over. The gear grind was getting annoying as heck.

Seems like the publisher is forcing 100+ characters on us, telling us to gear/level them all but dripping gear super extra slowly.

How fun is it to log in, play for about 1h30(more?) of the day and get what? MAYBE a single piece of gear for the 100s who need it, then the next day a single toon's ability rank up and then the next, enough shards to unlock/rank up a toon. About 5 hours of my time for that?

Started a new account and it reminded me of how fun it USED to be. Gearing up the toons I want, leveling up a team I care for, feeling like I'm advancing even though I am really just using a dozen toons. And all this in less than an hour a day.

Shouldn't it stay like this even in the end? Seems simple enough, no? Increase the need of different team composition with an increase of gear, mats and shards?

So long Darth Kijutsu, alas we had some fun... Hello Jedi Knight Kijutsu! Yeah, I'm not very good with names :(

Replies

• Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    All games are supposed to get harder the further you get and this includes leveling up your characters.
  • Options
    All games are supposed to get harder the further you get and this includes leveling up your characters.

Harder battles? Sure! Pvp, fleet pvp, raids, sure! Harder to actually advance any of your 100+ characters? That's not the game getting harder, it's the game getting boring"er". "I played for 2 hours today and updated a single ability, that was so fun!" Can't see it.

Still having fun with my new account so, I guess it's all good for a few months.