Hiatus return - I'm a noob again

Troop22
23 posts Member
Hey guys! I stopped playing this game around the time they introduced mods.. idk that **** me off. However I love the idea of this game so I figured I'd give it another shot.
As of now I am level 77 and the squad I use mostly is as follows:
(L) Admiral Akbar, Leia, Lando, STH and luke,
All at 7 stars, level 8 gear, and lvl 72. The next best characters I have are:
Lumi 7* gear 8 lvl 69
Boba 6* gear 7 lvl 61
Rey 6* gear 7 lvl 70
Captain Phasma 6* gear 7 lvl 61
Honorable mentions:
Biggs 5* gear 6 lvl 61
Darth Vader 4* gear 7 lvl 61
Emperor palp 5* gear 6 lvl 58
So my first priority is making a sick rebel team. Ideally I'd like to have (L)Akbar, Lando, Leia, Biggs, and Wedge max gear and all and hopefully just demolish everything.. only I'd hope that'd be a good team comp.
For mods I was looking into critical damage. So I'm trying to star a little squad of jawas. Right now I have:
Dathcha: 5* gear 4 lvl 61
Jawa: 5* gear 5 lvl 61
Scavenger: 4* gear 6 lvl 61
Anyways is this a decent strategy? Are crit dam mods viable?
Also, looking into doing a scavenger squad with (L) Lando, Leia, Biggs, wedge, and Boba. Maybe add in Zam somewhere eventually. Possibly get Han Solo (the real one) and sub Biggs and wedge for zam and han.. idk just ideas.
One more idea is looking into building an all out Sith team with (L) Nihilus, dooku, Maul, Palp, and Vader. This would be crazy..
Anyways any advice would be much appreciated.
Oh and what is the deal with this whole spaceship stuff????

Replies

• Options
    Wow you are like a frozen cave man thawing out in the modern world Lol. Things have changed a lot. I'll let the 'experts' give advise on your new team farming I don't have that much time to go into detail about that right now.
    But I will say this about ships, you will need them to unlock the zeta abilities from the ship challenges. Get to level 85 asap
  • Options
    Dark side ships at that or did they change that
  • Options
    Quick way to get there is complete all daily activities even if that's all you do for a couple weeks it will get you there in a decent amount of time
  • Options
    Dark side ships at that or did they change that

Oh yeah, dark side ships to level up tarkins capital ship enough to unlock the highest tier ship ability material challenge. Still same
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    So just grind and level to 85 and get zetas??
    I'm guessing this is the best thing haha. I'm pretty sure those are for leveling abilities right?
    Someone explain zetas please!!

Are mods super important?
    I have soo many questions I just want to kick butt in arena! Tell me what to do hahaha
  • Options
    Mods are SUPER important. Can you clear the top tier of credit heist? That should be a huge priority over anything except your first 7* character.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    With that much time lost my advice is for you to start again. Read up a bit and learn what to do so you can stay relatively ahead or competitive in your new shard. Good luck !
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jprw6x1S28E

Check the acadamy and guides sections here in the forums. Also there are a lot of great videos on youtube.
  • Kenjamin91
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Id start over. You're going to be way behind in arena and wont be able to catch up with a team like that. An arena worthy rebel team needs baze and chirrut. Crit damage mods are useful in very specific situations. Usually a triangle crit damage primary is enough (from any set).
    I run that exact sith team but am starting to have trouble. I need to gear them up/get better mods/add zetas. But its a long grind.
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so if I wanted to start over, how would i do that?
  • Options
    I think clearing your data for the app would work? Either that or just make a new email address and connect it to google play.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Kenjamin91 wrote: »
    I think clearing your data for the app would work? Either that or just make a new email address and connect it to google play.

Or uninstall the game
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree - I took 7 months off and came back on my old account
    I couldn't say it makes you competitive but I hold my own in both arenas - just think of the grind if you start from scratch...
    Just don't prioritise a meta team as it will change well before you reach it
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Massov wrote: »
    I disagree - I took 7 months off and came back on my old account
    I couldn't say it makes you competitive but I hold my own in both arenas - just think of the grind if you start from scratch...
    Just don't prioritise a meta team as it will change well before you reach it

THats what I'm saying. I just feel like the team i was building then may be worthless now
  • Options
    Farm scoundrels for credit heist, and resistance/FO ready for Ep8 faction passes.
  • Options
    Run, run while you still can!
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Run, run while you still can!

I feel like I'm gonna end up being like fk this game as I did originally. But this game has SOO much potential
  • Options
    Starting over would be a pain. I would never do that. The team you suggested would work until rank 200. You need a taunter to keep wedge and Lando alive. Here is your VERY unoriginal and VERY easy to farm team that would take you to maybe top 100 if you play everyday.

Wedge lead - 170ish speed CRIT DAM
    Biggs - 1 faster than wedge CRIT DAM
    Lando - OFFENSE CRIT DAM
    Ackbar - PROTECTION
    ST Han - 200+ SPEED SPEED SPEED

Han taunts right away. Wiggs triple shot. Wedge AOE. Lando AOE. Ackbar tactical genius. Biggs basic. Wedge basic. Lando AOE - Lando AOE.

Victory

Enjoy
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    Starting over would be a pain. I would never do that. The team you suggested would work until rank 200. You need a taunter to keep wedge and Lando alive. Here is your VERY unoriginal and VERY easy to farm team that would take you to maybe top 100 if you play everyday.

Wedge lead - 170ish speed CRIT DAM
    Biggs - 1 faster than wedge CRIT DAM
    Lando - OFFENSE CRIT DAM
    Ackbar - PROTECTION
    ST Han - 200+ SPEED SPEED SPEED

Han taunts right away. Wiggs triple shot. Wedge AOE. Lando AOE. Ackbar tactical genius. Biggs basic. Wedge basic. Lando AOE - Lando AOE.

Victory

Enjoy

Thanks for the reassurance.. I was about to not even bother. Restarting vs digging out of a months old hole. I think I'll stick with the original account. Spent WAY too much time just to throw it away.
    I like that team comp you presented..
    I'm thinking something like this eventually:
    (Lead) Lando
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Boba
    Zam
    Switch in sth for Zam idk much about her if she's good or not.
  • Options
    Zam is maybe arena viable in the top 200 and ONLY if you have boba as leader.

Trust me, you need st Han if you are running rebels and you don't have chaze. He will be the reason you win. Get him, Gear him, try it out. St Han with Lando is really fun to play with. Lando goes so many times, AOE every time. By the time the other team gets to have a turn, it's 5v3 at best. Trust me!