Jedi Faction Pass

LRMoser
139 posts Member
I am sure a lot of people would like to see a Jedi faction pass. I would love to see these changes to make Jedi awesome. My philosophy behind these changes to allow players to have a Jedi team that has interchangeable characters depending on who you are facing.

Jedi Knight Guardian- One of the worst characters in the game. Now because it is a generic character I wouldn't think there would be much of an update on her but if she had a taunt I could be useful. I would update the unique to say "Whenever a Jedi ally loses protection JKG gains taunt. While below 100% health, JKG has +30% Tenacity and recovers 15% of her max health at the start of each of her turns."

Plo Koon- To me he is a character that almost seems useful with a clone/Jedi synergy. I think an easy way to make him way more usable is to change his leadership to a unique and make it say "each Jedi and Clone ally has a 55% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offensive Up for 1 turn" This would give Jedi and Clone teams a great way to counter Maul giving Plo a useful spot in the game.

Mace- A very popular character that is just underwhelming. In order to make Mace good I would also change his Leadership to a unique but reduce some of the % so it would say "Jedi allies gain 15% Offense and 9% Critical Chance, and recover 5% of their Max Health when scoring a crit". I would also increase the Shatterpoint unique to give Mace the ability to ignore taunts and stealth when attacking.

Koth- Being an anti-droid Jedi he really doesn't do it. I would make him better by getting rid of is header ability and allowing his Unique to apply towards all Jedi allies while alive. This would give the Jedi the ability to really counter droid teams.

Kit Fisto- Another Jedi with a pretty good kit just slightly missing the mark though. I would change his Leadership also to a Unique but change it to say "All Jedi allies gain 25% potency and 45 Defense." I would also change his Special to say "remove each cleanse each debuff on allies and place them on target enemy.

Luminara- I think she is a great character especially at the start of the game. The only change I would make for her is to add a zeta to her heal to include for each critical hit an allies receives reduce the cool down by 1. If Barris is present every time Luminara uses her heal reduce Barriss Force healer ability by 1.

Old Ben- Most people think that he needs a taunt but I think if you added to his Unique that "whenever an ally takes damage Old Ben receives 25% of that damage." this would make him such a better character because instead of a character taking 10,000 damage they would only take 7,500 and Old Ben would take 2,500 making him a great tank without a taunt.

Aayla- She is a good character and very useful in the game but I would also change her Leadership to an unique and make it say "Jedi allies gain 30% critical damage and recover 10% of their Max health when they deal critical damage.

Yoda- Yoda in my opinion should be way better in this game. He already has a good kit but I would like to see his leader change to a unique as well.

Barris- Already a great character and I would just add a little synergy with Luminara. I would add to her Unique that if Luminara is present she also gains the "At the end of each of her turns, Barris Dispels all debuffs from the debuffed ally with the lowest Health".

I dont think an upadate is needed for:
Jinn, General Kenobi, Ezra, Kanan, ImaGun Di, Ahsoka, JKA, and JC.

I would also like them to see them add 2 Jedi
Shaak Ti and Quinlan Vos

Replies

• JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    How can you say Jedi Consular doesn't need work ? He's awful.
  • Dolas
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I think there's too many leader abilities with Jedi to make them interchangeable with your suggestions. Should make more uniques that either synergize with other jedi or make them stronger at stand alone heroes.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They won't spend too much time reworking Jedi, and you know why, there's no money to be had, everyone has most of them, it's all about the money, new Jedi are what you will see, after a while anyway.

The amount of new toons they've added nobody wanted is amazing but as long as the cash keeps rolling in all is fine I suppose.
  • Options
    I think the next Community Project I start will be sth like:
    'Jedis to add into game'
    or
    'Best Eeth Koth and JKG kit redesigns.'
    We shall see.
    (40%probablity)
  • Options
    One of the best meta teams right now is a four Jedi + R2 team. Why would they rework them
  • Options
    One of the best meta teams right now is a four Jedi + R2 team. Why would they rework them

Just 'cuz.
    To make it hard to choose which 4 would it be with r2...

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I kind of like the way their unique abilities are, unique to that character, even if QGJ is the only leader used. Yoda could use a buff for sure, his leader ability is based on resisting negative effects but foresight causes them to be dodged which means no turn meter
  • Options
    JJay wrote: »

He has the quickest cooldown of any healer, with the right mods he heals a good amount. And his ship is really good. What more could you ask of a starting generic toon? There are real jedi characters that need help. *cough* windu *cough*
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

Mace, Eeth, JC, JKG and R2
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I like your ideas, especially changing leader abilities to unique
  • Options
    Jedi already have arena viable teams, a p1 haat team and entry level fun toons.

There is a lot more that this game needs than a jedi pass. Perhaps with exception of mace
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Because the faction has a bit more than 4 characters, and because now even ewoks are pulling better numbers in HAAT. And also because Jedi.. .you know one of the most iconic factions ingame ?
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    LRMoser wrote: »

???
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

???

think he ment Qui Gon Jinn
  • Options
    I am sure a lot of people would like to see a Jedi faction pass. I would love to see these changes to make Jedi awesome. My philosophy behind these changes to allow players to have a Jedi team that has interchangeable characters depending on who you are facing.

Jedi Knight Guardian- One of the worst characters in the game. Now because it is a generic character I wouldn't think there would be much of an update on her but if she had a taunt I could be useful. I would update the unique to say "Whenever a Jedi ally loses protection JKG gains taunt. While below 100% health, JKG has +30% Tenacity and recovers 15% of her max health at the start of each of her turns."

Plo Koon- To me he is a character that almost seems useful with a clone/Jedi synergy. I think an easy way to make him way more usable is to change his leadership to a unique and make it say "each Jedi and Clone ally has a 55% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offensive Up for 1 turn" This would give Jedi and Clone teams a great way to counter Maul giving Plo a useful spot in the game.

Mace- A very popular character that is just underwhelming. In order to make Mace good I would also change his Leadership to a unique but reduce some of the % so it would say "Jedi allies gain 15% Offense and 9% Critical Chance, and recover 5% of their Max Health when scoring a crit". I would also increase the Shatterpoint unique to give Mace the ability to ignore taunts and stealth when attacking.

Koth- Being an anti-droid Jedi he really doesn't do it. I would make him better by getting rid of is header ability and allowing his Unique to apply towards all Jedi allies while alive. This would give the Jedi the ability to really counter droid teams.

Kit Fisto- Another Jedi with a pretty good kit just slightly missing the mark though. I would change his Leadership also to a Unique but change it to say "All Jedi allies gain 25% potency and 45 Defense." I would also change his Special to say "remove each cleanse each debuff on allies and place them on target enemy.

Luminara- I think she is a great character especially at the start of the game. The only change I would make for her is to add a zeta to her heal to include for each critical hit an allies receives reduce the cool down by 1. If Barris is present every time Luminara uses her heal reduce Barriss Force healer ability by 1.

Old Ben- Most people think that he needs a taunt but I think if you added to his Unique that "whenever an ally takes damage Old Ben receives 25% of that damage." this would make him such a better character because instead of a character taking 10,000 damage they would only take 7,500 and Old Ben would take 2,500 making him a great tank without a taunt.

Aayla- She is a good character and very useful in the game but I would also change her Leadership to an unique and make it say "Jedi allies gain 30% critical damage and recover 10% of their Max health when they deal critical damage.

Yoda- Yoda in my opinion should be way better in this game. He already has a good kit but I would like to see his leader change to a unique as well.

Barris- Already a great character and I would just add a little synergy with Luminara. I would add to her Unique that if Luminara is present she also gains the "At the end of each of her turns, Barris Dispels all debuffs from the debuffed ally with the lowest Health".

I would also like them to see them add 2 Jedi
    Shaak Ti and Quinlan Vos

I also want the Jedi to get a rework; Mace's vaapad leader ability should totally be anti-sith. Quinlan Vos would be super cool too
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Mace, Eeth, JC, JKG and R2

Actually, i have heard that JKG do ok with Zaul team. Her aoe ability block IS useful.
    (However her unique and basic are not really)
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    +1, I'd also love to see Adi Galia, Even Piell & Saesee Tiin added to the game.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Guardian (would prefer if we could swap her for a temple guard but whatever)- like the new unique, but her basic is still garabge, maybe if it's either "with a chance to deal damage to another enemy" to keep with the sweep name. Or better, "if offense down is applied or the enemy is already suffering offense down, grant the Jedi ally with the highest turn meter advantage for two turns". As for her AoE only thing I'd really change is maybe lower the cooldown from 4 to 3, maybe even 2

Plo Koon- again, like the change but his AoE is still trash, which either needs a damage buff or preferably (Jedi with few exceptions aren't meant to be offensive forces) utility, with the way the attack looks maybe add daze and/or stagger to it. And finally with his Take Charge it feels lack luster, maybe play into the idea of him being a tank and give him taunt, while allies gain offense up instead of defense

Mace- he should stay a leader, he was a consul memeber second only to Yoda. Maybe something a little similar to Sidious like "jedi allies gain 15% offense, 10% crit chance, and gain 5% offense whenever they crit", his unique is good ingnoring stealth and taunt, maybe have a perma taunt ignorer, lastly his smite could use something, on top of dispel maybe remove enemy meter for each buff, or gain meter, or bonus damage for each one

Koth- we maybe can keep his leader, giving republic allies, a defense percentage and crit avoidance, and his unique would burry droids further than they already are if all Jedi have it. But even with those it doesn't make up for his painfully average stats and kit. Maybe for his basic his can ability block enimies that have defense down, and droids can't resist either effect, and change force push to an AoE that staggers instead of stun (works better from a logical view)

Kit- again, don't think it should be a unique, especially when so little Jedi have debuffs, though I do like the idea of cleansing all allies and putting those debuffs on the enemy. Finally for his unique, since he was in a realationship with aayla secura maybe if she falls below 50% health he taunts

Old Ben- not the worst idea but not sure how it'd work from a dev view, making it at all, why not just a taunt and self expose if allies fall below 100% health?

Aayla- What's wrong with a tenacity bump? Or both? Whenever they resist a debuff they gain advantage

Yoda- Yoda of all Jedi should have a leader, it'd be madness not to have one, so should it be there? Yes, but apart from battle meditation he doesn't do all that much especially when gen Ken is the best support there is, his whole kit needs a rework tbh

Barriss- sure, maybe while lumi is present her healing is increased by 50%? Cause two auto cleanses are excessive especially when combined with zeta R2

Ima-gun do could use a buff as well as Kanan
    Gun di is to reliant on his leader to be useful and like Koth is average with some anti droid synergy
    And kanan's is that he's to slow for a non pretaunter or auto taunter, and doesn't provide the utility to fix it. Two one character cleanses isn't enough nowawadays and his basic almost works like Wedge's maybe if they have offense down, give an ally advantage, or expose them if it's a crit. Something
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    JJay wrote: »

He has the quickest cooldown of any healer, with the right mods he heals a good amount. And his ship is really good. What more could you ask of a starting generic toon? There are real jedi characters that need help. *cough* windu *cough*

Agreed
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    @Zombie961
    I was going with an idea of changing most the Jedi leaderships to unique because most of the leaderships are not good. My thinking is while they are many Jedi are good leaders I feel Jedi are more willing to work together and follow one another for the greater goal. I think this allows for the best synergy with Jedi in whole. If you develop a roster of 7 or 8 Jedi you could swap in Koth if you face droids, Plo vs. Maul teams, or Yoda if you are facing a bunch of debuffs.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Love the old ben idea, new mechanics like this can add alot to the game and are more fun than just upping numbers to make people stronger.