Grey Jedi

2Next

Replies

• Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    There's plenty of vegetarians that will happily eat fish... I don't believe they are true veggies though. Maybe they are the Grey Vegetarians :D
  • Options
    Well fish arent really animal friends, they cant even talk
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    Luke even says in the trailer for Last Jedi, "It's time for the Jedi to end." As in the Jedi Order that stood before the fall of the first Republic. He's saying the Jedi are uptight and outdated in their ideals. They have to embrace the will of the Force (hence the reference to the Journal of the Wills, also in the trailer).

Plus, Ahsoka is literally the current canon embodiment of a grey jedi. Check out the below dialog.

SPOILER WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN REBELS (unless of course, you don't care)

In her confrontation with Vader at the Sith Temple, the dialog, pay attention:

Vader: "Anakin Skywalker is dead. I killed him."

Ahsoka: "Then I will avenge his death."

Vader: "Revenge is not the Jedi way."

Ahsoka: "I am no Jedi." *ignites SILVER blades, not green*
  • Options
    Fulcrum punky brewster shouldnt be a thing either
    What movie was she in?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Fulcrum punky brewster shouldnt be a thing either
    What movie was she in?

Punky Brewster was a TV show, not a movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086787/?ref_=nv_sr_1.

It also had an animated spin-off: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088543/?ref_=nv_sr_4
  • Options
    The point was many many times kids shows go off on their own
    The star wars cartoon should not be included or referenced to modify "canon"
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    The point was many many times kids shows go off on their own
    The star wars cartoon should not be included or referenced to modify "canon"

The first 6 movies, at least, are kids movies. What does that do to your idea of canon? It's irrelevant, because if Disney says it's canon then it's canon, and Rebels is canon.

But, this game isn't only pulling from canon sources. Nihilus and HK are from a non-canon video game, for instance. And a lot of the other characters are from "kids shows," like Barriss, and the other Ahsoka, and GK.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think canon should stick to original 3 with its complete story
    Original movies are not kids movies, they have things some kids will like in them, there is a subtle difference
    If the movies were made for kids many of the plot devices would not be there
    Perhaps they wouldnt have been so grandiose, maybe instead of movies merely animated cartoon or mostly cgi (like the subsequent ...material)
    Considering what has been done since rotj finale, i question their motives
    Why even have "canon" at all? Especially if the people that decide had nothing to do with its creation?
    **** Dr D is that even legit? I destroy u like a rank 1000
    Post edited by Osirisreborn on
  • Options
    I think canon should stick to original 3 with its complete story
    Original movies are not kids movies, they have things some kids will like in them, there is a subtle difference
    If the movies were made for kids many of the plot devices would not be there
    Perhaps they wouldnt have been so grandiose, maybe instead of movies merely animated cartoon or mostly cgi (like the subsequent ...material)
    Considering what has been done since rotj finale, i question their motives
    Why even have "canon" at all? Especially if the people that decide had nothing to do with its creation?
    **** Dr D is that even legit? I destroy u like a rank 1000

Yes, actually, they are kids movies. Lucas has come out and directly stated that the original three were targeted for kids. Lucas sold the rights, Disney can do whatever they want.
  • Options
    Kids movies with chopping off arms, burning mom n dad to death, genocide, and torture
    Yea man, you sold me
    I think whatever lucas originally intended is subject to revision without notice