Character drop rates

Anyone else having horrible drop rates with character shards? I am at 3 days and only 1 deathtrooper shard with 3 full rounds of cantina energy and get 1 DN every 3 days. Even split it into rounds of 3 for cantina.

Replies

• jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Same here,wait till you start farming the big 3.. krennic,DN,Baze from hard nodes..your lucky if you get 1 or 2 shards
  • Options
    Been working on DN for about a month :( about one shard every 2 or 3 days
  • DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    Options
    No, my shard drop rates have been better than usual. I've gotten 4 DT today and 5 yesterday. It's all RNG man
  • DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I've got a system that works pretty well. So what I do is if I don't get anything after 3 sims I stop and try again later. I never expend all my energy in one sitting unless I'm actually getting drops. This strategy has worked very well for me in the cantina.
  • Onslow
    67 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Same here,wait till you start farming the big 3.. krennic,DN,Baze from hard nodes..your lucky if you get 1 or 2 shards

Two? Who ever gets two? Haha. When I see one shard I can't help but be happy, it's so rare these days.
  • Onslow
    67 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    I've got a system that works pretty well. So what I do is if I don't get anything after 3 sims I stop and try again later. I never expend all my energy in one sitting unless I'm actually getting drops. This strategy has worked very well for me in the cantina.

Hmmmm, I am going to try this. Perhaps I will curse the gods less...
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    Of course it works.
    In fact there's a secret.... Any strategy works, bcs shard drop rate in cantina is the same. Everywhere and all the time.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Ive actually been doing great. Hell, in the last few days I got a whole Hoth Rebel Scout, Ewok Elder, Teebo, and Snowtrooper. And that's just from Bronziums.
  • Options
    It's all confirmation bias, guys. Do yourself a solid and actually write down the numbers to really see the story. Drop rate is 1/3 for all character shards, Cantina and hard nodes. Case closed.

Oh, and playing around with number of sims is equally silly. Doesn't change no drop rate.
  • Options
    I got 3 DN shards in a row from my 3 hard nodes yesterday. Slaughtering that lamb and dancing naked around the fire singing metallica worked guys, get on it.
  • Options
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Been working on DN for about a month :( about one shard every 2 or 3 days

For me he is fine, 1-2 (sometimes 3) shards/day
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Me too...used 400 energy (12 energy hard nodes) and got 5 shards (33 sims)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Just got 5 Deathtrooper shards in 8 sims. :)
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    That's the reason why I buy characters out of the shardshop, especially such one node characters like Darth Nihilus or Krennic. But also such 16 cantina energy characters.

The droprates are too bad atm, for Baze or Nihilus you would need 1 year or so to get him to 7* without spending crystals...
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's all over the place for me. There are days where I get 0/3 of Toon X, 0/3 of Toon Y, and 0/3 of Toon Z, then the very next day, I get 3/3 of Toon X, 2/3 of Toon Y, and 2/3 of Toon Z.

I've also got a streak where 3 days in a row I get 1/3.

But here's something I noticed last night, mostly because I wasn't actively farming her. Aayla. I am Level 82, and I have 0/50 shards for her. One would think the odds in this game I would have gotten 3-5 by now from the many GW freebies and gajillion Bronzium pulls. Nope. Just zero. Heck, oddly enough I got 3/80 of Grevious from GW, most likely all or most of the 9/80 for Nute as well from GW.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    @Metroplex79 Aayla is not in Bronzium cards. Also it seems that GW drops shard of certain list of toons.
  • Options
    having a terrible time with Finn shards in the Cantina - I'll probably have a nice streak to even it out (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    @Metroplex79 Aayla is not in Bronzium cards. Also it seems that GW drops shard of certain list of toons.
    That explains that. Heh. Lots of scrolling I never bother to do.
    (and knowing is half the battle...)

It looks like I have gotten at least 1 shard from everyone on the Bronzium list.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    Options
    fffssdfqrw wrote: »
    having a terrible time with Finn shards in the Cantina - I'll probably have a nice streak to even it out (fingers crossed)

Just be patient and the gods will bless thee