Is anybody refreshing the assault battles?

JacenRoe
3016 posts Member
I must say that I love the current Forest Moon Assault Battle. I like the possibility of decent rewards including credits, shards, a mod, and some gear. This is just one example of really great work by the dev team lately.

I will say that I don't see any benefit to refreshing it for the 225 crystals they are asking. I have yet to get a good mod, and I'm about 50/50 getting good gear vs. getting garbage challenge gear I have thousands of. And except Chirpa, all the shards are going to the shard shop. I can't imagine ever refreshing at that price. And that made me wonder if anyone else is.

So are you refreshing, and if not what price would get you to do it?

Personally I wouldn't refresh with the current rewards for more than 50 crystals. If the gear wasn't possibly mk 4 stun guns and other junk then I could see maybe going 100 crystals for a refresh. That's if the gear was all mk 3 cuffs, mk 5 guns, or mk 3 holos, and the mod was sure to be blue or better. As it is I'm very much enjoying the improved rewards on the free runs for this event, and others like it. And I'm happy to see events running more often. Thanks devs!

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I'd do it for 50 crystals. I may even do it for 100 crystals. But 200+ is a no go. I don't need the shards and getting the mk4 guns are a huge turn off.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    oAVnrIo.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Never. I didn't get anything valuable the first time I completed it to waste 200 crystals on seeing if the RNG would be better the second time around.
  • Options
    It's been on like what 3 or 4 times now in a row? Seems like people must be refreshing it for them to keep giving it to us.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's been on like what 3 or 4 times now in a row? Seems like people must be refreshing it for them to keep giving it to us.

I think it's running because it rewards Ewok shards and they're doing the Ewok faction pass/character release this month. I don't refresh it. No guild mate or shard mate I've spoken with ever does. So I wanted to see if others do. So far nobody. Do you?
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I think it's running because it rewards Ewok shards and they're doing the Ewok faction pass/character release this month. I don't refresh it. No guild mate or shard mate I've spoken with ever does. So I wanted to see if others do. So far nobody. Do you?

Actually yeah fair point probably is cause of that. Yet still feels too.... Generous. No I don't refresh but I do enjoy the mods and gear it gives.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Actually yeah fair point probably is cause of that. Yet still feels too.... Generous. No I don't refresh but I do enjoy the mods and gear it gives.

Yup. No complaints about the free runs. Very nice. I've gotten good gear a couple times. But no chance I'll pay that much for a refresh.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I don't.. also my guild mates. If the price is somewhere between 50 - 100 maybe i'll consider to refresh.

I have ewoks @ *7, unless chirpa. So the shard reward have no benefit for me. Maybe there is someone out the who need badly the shards (and mk4 stun guns). Who knows? :trollface:
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I'd hate to refresh for 200 crystals and just get 5 hair dryers, carbantis, or other challenge gear.
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    Options
    The only shards i need from there is Chirpa. And throughout all battles i've gotten him once.. So nah. No refresh
  • Options
    No refreshes not worth it. Some of my guildies ask if it's worth it and it's a unanimous no.
  • Options
    Never... I refreshed last year in the Empire Assault event, and regretted 100%.
    Do or do not...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if the event dropped shards for Ewoks that I was still farming, I may have considered refreshing it. But I only ever got Teebo and EE. For one event refresh I can buy 2 energy and 1 cantina refresh, so it's just not worth it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    25 crystals would be the point I'd think about it. Even if 5 cuffs dropped every time it would have to be less than 140 to be cheaper.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. No refreshing. All ewoks are 7*, and even guaranteed cuffs wouldn't be worth 200+ crystals when they're 150(?) from shipments.

All ewoks except the 3 new ones, that is. I don't care about them (ewoks as a faction) enough to buy those packs either.
  • Options
    If it was 15 crystals like the mod shop I would.

But no, I don't refresh at all.