More annoying or most annoying, Baze/Chaze or GK in a wiggs team? Or R2?

JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited July 2017
The setup is evil: Wedge(L), Biggs, R2D2, GK, Churrit. It hits hard and keeps it's damage dealers cloaked/protected by a never-ending taunt.

But what about Baze? He's the other half of Chaze, he pretaunts to suck up another Wiggs or Thrawn opening attack, and he dispels.

Does he replace R2ZZ, removing the ability to stealth, stun, increase damage (and burn stuff), and lower evasion?

Or does he replace GK removing the ability to auto taunt, cleanse, multi-attack, and retribution? There's so many factors....
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Options
    Running zaul so r2 hidden behind any tank is a royal pain.
  • Options
    I would bench Biggs and put in GK. Make R2 as fast as possible.
  • Options
    I would bench Biggs and put in GK. Make R2 as fast as possible.

Isn't he the main part of damage dealing and vs all the empire teams now tho?
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    s
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Theres a Wiggs, zzR2, Chirrut, GK team on my shard as well as multiple Wiggs, Chaze, zzR2 teams and a Rex (L), Wiggs, zzR2, GK team. Of the three combos there, the last one is the hardest to beat, but I believe thats primarily because the guy who runs that team has the best mods in our arena and by far the fastest R2.

GK is good, but if you're running Wiggs, and zzR2, GK just doesn't seem to quite make up for the synergy. I believe the team does well on offense all the same, but I find the Wiggs, Chaze, zzR2 teams seem to be slightly more difficult to deal with.

Basically If you want to use GK in your lineup, you're probably not going to be running him with 4 other rebels. I think the 5 man rebel teams just work slightly better together. You could put him in for zzR2 and run Wiggs, Chaze, GK, but zzR2 brings a lot of additional health to the rebel teams, especially for Wedge and Chirrut making them last much longer. GK's crit immunity won't do as much for Wedge and Chirrut because one big crit can take them out, the mass assist call is really the only thing that would be better about GK (His retribution is fairly easily dispelled or simply blocked due to stealth at this point).

That being said, with Thrawn around now, having just Baze or just GK might not be enough. You really need R2 to stealth all but one so even when your tank is fractured everyone else is stealthed and can't be targeted. Basically I think zzR2 is critical to having a solid Rebel team and if you want to run rebels you'll need him.

All in all, I'd say Wiggs, Chaze, zzR2 is probably the most annoying full rebel Wiggs team, but no matter what you run with Wiggs, you really can't run it without R2.

If you want to bench biggs and put in GK you may as well bench Wedge and toss in Thrawn, but that's no longer a Wiggs team now is it. My shard is pretty rebel and jedi heavy at the moment (as well as triple cleanse teams), but you really won't want to be running Wedge without Biggs, and you won't want to be running Chirrut without Baze, and if you're running either of those two combos R2 is going to be a great asset.
  • Options
    Mods are going to matter more. If your R2 isn't going first it's going to make it go from moderately easy to auto-battle assuming they have thrawn. Thrawn completely removes GK making it 5 vs 4 that don't have a tank right off the bat so it's easy to burn the exposed toons down.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge led chaze teams with R2 is a royal pain. I just use my Nihilis lead team and sub in B2 for Savage, and that does the trick for me on offense.
  • Options
    Mods are going to matter more. If your R2 isn't going first it's going to make it go from moderately easy to auto-battle assuming they have thrawn. Thrawn completely removes GK making it 5 vs 4 that don't have a tank right off the bat so it's easy to burn the exposed toons down.

He usually goes first at 268 speed but there's one or two Thrawns with speed 280+ on my shard. That's kinda why I thought Baze would be a better choice than GK at first, Thrawn would have to fracture him first leaving R2 to go next, hopefully steal thing everyone but Baze. R2 currently stealths GK or himself when I auto, no idea what he does on defense.

I'll swap Baze in for GK and keep R2zz, see how that works out. And thanks everyone for your input!