Clones or Rebels?

Paladin033112
312 posts Member
edited July 2017
Long story short, I am F2P so getting a character to G9 takes some effort. So when I finally get the required gear, I want to use it wisely. If I want to 3* level tier 9 of the LS battles, should I give my gear to clones or five select rebels? I already have Rex to G10 but my other clones are G8. But I am also considering a rebels team starring Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Baze, and Chirrut. Should I gear up the clones or the rebels?
Thank you in advance for your time and input.
*Update - I forgot that you get an ally so I would likely make Lando the leader since Wedge allies are quite common, and put StHan in the team instead of my own Wedge.

Replies

• Options
    do you already have Palpatine unlocked?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Yes, but at 6*. He should be 7* next go-around though.
  • Options
    Nice... I don't have the clones all geared up... just Rex. The one concern with switching is it will not take long for you to start dropping a bunch in arena, unless you have some disposable income you can use to catch back up with your rebels. At this time, Clones are not really area-viable at the top tiers so consider this, too where a maxed Rebel team can get you pretty high and consistent crystal payout still.

If it we're me... I would finish Rex (meta-leader in arena), but who are your other Arena toons?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Actually, my primary arena team is Sith under DN (with Vader, Opress, Palp, and Dooku-currently ranked in low 200's). But since I already have Rex at G10 and DN at G9, I am strongly considering investing in a current meta (Rex, DN, Chaze,and +1), though I only have a 3* Baze and 4* DN. I know they are both semi-viable at those ranks but they wouldn't hold up against a similar team with additional stars.

I just love using my clones whenever I can (not arena!) but was whooped on the first hard node of LS battles tier 9 using them. Wasn't sure if I should just work on gearing them up or gear up a rebel team instead.
  • Options
    Rebels. You can use them for everything, plus some of them (Lando, STHan, Raid Han) double as scoundrels so you don't have to farm as many toons for credit heists and droid smuggling.
  • Options
    Clones are awesome, but Rebels have way more utility.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Sadly, rebels are better. I want to say clones but they just aren't anywhere near as good as rebels. Which sucks because I hate rebels.
  • Options
    Well thanks everyone!