3PO? Comics? (Maybe spoilers)

Eutus
232 posts Member
edited July 2017
So having finally gotten to catch up on the current Poe Dameron comics this weekend it became very apparent how C-3PO should be run in this game. So here's my push for the red armed spy master.

Anyone reading the comics? Could tell you there has been some amazing characters added to the star wars cast. (Can we do Terex too? Like in his crah crah stormtrooper samurai makeshift armor? Empire, Imp Trooper, Scoundrel, First Order tags, what you don't want that!?) I find it kind of amazing that we haven't done Aphra yet which is what leads me to question what's going on with the lack of comic characters. (Also can we get the wookie tag back and Black Krrstan? I'll go make a post for a month long wookie themed event for next spring or summer or even ya know life day, there'd be so many wookies) To me the potential for cross promotion is sorely missed. Sure the movies and assumably BF2's inferno squad get some cross promo time, but man the comics (and swtor) are ripe with money making toons and promotional oppertunities. Like fire your marketing guy if he's not making pitches like "Hey guys! The Dr Aphra Vol 1 tpb is coming out, we should work her into the game and then do a download code for the game to ship inside the comic book. Shards, crystals, mods, whatever. But that way we get some free advertisement to fans who arnt players and we get players boosting comic sales everyone wins"

But back to 3P0, the comics have done an exceptional job of fleshing out some events between the battle of endor and the destruction of starkiller base. More recently and specifically the details revealed in dialogue and events within the gathering storm story arc really give you a better idea of who everyone's second favorite protocol droid has become over the course of his career as a republic attache, rebel spy, and resistance information broker. No he can't run, he can't shoot, and literally had fallen to peices. But he's got a network of droid opperatives and two lifetimes of real time war experience. Previously the idea of 3P0 as a toon has been almost laughable. The 3P0 you see in Poe Dameron, that's a droid leader I want.

I'm trying hard not to spoil to many details (did I mention the kanjiklub or guavian death gangs? No? They were pretty cool in PD2.) But in truth, I really feel this is an untapped resource of source material for us (same as swtor/kotor). So go on your library's website, do a quick search, request some comics and get to reading if ya havent. I feel like a droid leader with rebel, republic, and resistance synergies would make for an interesting shift in meta, appease quite a few fans, and upset the "not moar rebels" crowd :)
Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• Options
    What would he be able to do
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well thinking about a kit earlier I really wanted it to play different than most. And the concept I came up with was to have all of his attacks as verying levels of assists. Basic attack calls a random prioritized ally to attack instead. Priority is based on factions and what regard they hold him in. Droids>Resistance>Rebel>Republic. So IG88 takes priority over Han Solo but R2D2 and IG88 have the same priority and it's comes down to a random assist between them or any other droids. Move 2 some sort of buff that buffed either based on the character targeted faction or the team makeup. So say if it's a rebel they get speed up and droids get tenacity (just throwing examples) and if the teams mostly rebels the target gets speed where if it had 3/5 droids the target gets tenacity. Leader would be a buff based on team composition to the effect of "each ally gets +x (whatever stat) per y (whatever faction)" and then zetad id like to see it add some sort of refreshing buff like qgj. And for a little variety a targetable taunt and a something that debuffed droids.

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned him first. Cause if not it's neat and you might like it AND we could make our game more fun with it, BUT since the argument always seems to be "Well they arnt in the movie" my retort was here look 3p0 character development that could make it him an awesome viable character vs joke dude.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on