Squad Select suggestion

Volnon
28 posts Member
The squad select tool has been out for a while now, and while it's definitely a great concept, I think the UI could be improved. Make no mistake, it's generally functional, does the job it needs to do, and I'd rather have it in its current state than nothing at all; but as more characters get added to the game (and reworks bring more characters into relevancy) its showing some limitations.

I'll describe my vision of an ideal (at least in my opinion) updated UI: a row of 5 squares along the top showing the characters in your current squad. Below that, the "Characters" inventory screen. That's pretty much it; just the exact inventory screen, with all those handy sorting and filtering options. Instead of showing 2.5 rows of characters, it'd show ~1.5 to make room at the top for your squad, but aside from that there'd be no changes.

That said, I really don't care how well the hypothetical new UI matches my thoughts; I just think that the ability to sort and filter would be extremely useful for squad select but I like to present actual potential solutions when I mention desired changes instead of just spamming out "ZOMG I want this & this & this add plz!!!" Anyone else have ideas for a Squad Select 2.0 (or 1.1)?

Replies