Zader team question

I was wondering if anyone can tell me wether or not Tuscan Shaman need potency mods for p2 on HAAT. The mod guide I found for him says to use pot mods but, his basic at lvl6 says it has a 100% damage over time chance. So why would I need potency mods if he has a 100% chance to land dots? If any1 has some insight to this I would appreciate it.

Replies

• Options
    He has a 100% chance to land it, but he has to use potency to get past the targets tenacity. Just because it's 100% chance doesn't mean it can't be voided by the target's tenacity and chance to resist. So yes; potency helps him.
  • Options
    Ok thx. To me that's not a 100% chance then. Very confusing.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it's a 100% chance that it will require a tenacity/potency check. That's the only 100% chance. I.E., Phasma only has an 80% chance to inflict slow, so sometimes the darned Rancor doesn't even have to resist slow, it just didn't even land at all :/
  • Options
    In my opinion they shouldn't put % chances in power descriptions then. Everything needs to get past tenacity so by putting a % chance on a skill to me means just what it says. They should remove those words if they aren't true.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I like them % IMO, tells me the odds it'll even reach the tenacity check.

The odds it'll make it to the tenacity check plus the odds to then pass the check... it's too variable across the board, so the best they can do is to put the chances it'll reach the check
  • Options
    But then how would u know how much % in the characters stats is needed to successfully land the debuf? I don't like how it's set up. Too many contradicting stats and unknowns.