Self-Healing Rex Ship

Hey Devs,

I keep seeing Rex use his special ability to restore protection and turn meter on himself in Fleet Arena. I'm never able to do it myself, only the AI Rex seems able to.

Replies

• Options
    This ability's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each other Republic ally.
    ^This so WAI
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    ^This so WAI

I think hes saying that, he can use the actual ability on himself (Rex) instead of an ally.

• Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    ^This so WAI

I think hes saying that, he can use the actual ability on himself (Rex) instead of an ally.
    Rex's ARC-170 AND another target ally gain 25% Turn Meter and Recover 40% Protection
    Ok ^this so WAI
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    ^This so WAI

Rex's ARC-170 AND another target ally gain 25% Turn Meter and Recover 40% Protection
    Ok ^this so WAI

Yeah, i thought maybe this was directed that he could use the ability on himself and gain double the protection back.
  • Options
    Yeah, i thought maybe this was directed that he could use the ability on himself and gain double the protection back.

Or maybe that when Rex is the last one (no other ally to target), that he is unable to use it (because he cannot target itself)...
  • Options
    If Rex is the only remaining unit, he shouldn't be able to use the ability. Nonetheless, there have been instances where he has, which is why I'm posting it here.

Nothing to do with the cooldown or anything else regarding the shared nature of the ability.
  • Options
    well thrawn can use his protection regain special when he is the only one left
  • Options
    "Target other ally" requires you to target another ally in order to execute it.

If a player isn't able to use the ability on themselves then the AI shouldn't be able to either.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    "Target other ally" requires you to target another ally in order to execute it.

If a player isn't able to use the ability on themselves then the AI shouldn't be able to either.

actually it says Rex's ARC-170 and another target ally gain 50% Turn Meter and Recover 50% Protection.
    so he gets protection no matter what
  • Options
    No, because he cannot execute the maneuver without targeting another ally. He cannot target himself.

Do you actually have Rex? Because anyone who does knows this already.
  • crzydroid
    7348 posts Moderator
    Options
    Target other ally abilities still work even if there are no other allies. Jyn can still use her AoE if she's by herself.
  • Options
    Guys, this isn't a theoretical discussion. Take your Rex into a fleet battle and try to use his secondary ability when there are no other allied units. It can't be done.

However, the A.I. is capable of using the ability when it is the only remaining unit. Its bugged, plain and simple.
  • crzydroid
    7348 posts Moderator
    Options
    Guys, this isn't a theoretical discussion. Take your Rex into a fleet battle and try to use his secondary ability when there are no other allied units. It can't be done.

However, the A.I. is capable of using the ability when it is the only remaining unit. Its bugged, plain and simple.

What happens when Rex is your only ship left? Is it grayed out?
  • Options
    You can select the ability, but it still requires you to target another allied target to execute the move.