Commander Luke's weapon???

Replies

• Options
    He'll do a lightsaber attack as one of his specials; as others have commented it'll be like Sabine and her "Darksaber Strike" or whatever the move is called. A big ol' overhead smash ;-)
  • Options
    My daughter plays disney infity and this game is ea, Disney, and Lucas Arts. In DI luke has both a blaster and a lightsaber. That may be an indication
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Commander Luke is already in the game, dubbed as "Rebel Luke" they are renaming him and releasing him looking as he already does - in his Bespin outfit with blue lightsaber.

The lightsaber is 100% going to be his weapon, but I would like a special attack from a blaster though, that would be cool. Or, give him two basic attacks, one blaster the other a lightsaber - awesome!

https://youtu.be/YxUEr-Qg4_I
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Commander Luke is already in the game, dubbed as "Rebel Luke" they are renaming him and releasing him looking as he already does - in his Bespin outfit with blue lightsaber.

The lightsaber is 100% going to be his weapon, but I would like a special attack from a blaster though, that would be cool. Or, give him two basic attacks, one blaster the other a lightsaber - awesome!

Yep. Don't see why people don't see this. Model is already in the game, so saves money and all they have to do is tweak it.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Yep. Don't see why people don't see this. Model is already in the game, so saves money and all they have to do is tweak it.

Exactly!
  • Options
    geez... people with light sabers sure do like cutting hands and legs off, don't they?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

But the problem is, in this game, if your light saber isn't red, you're useless. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think we'll get last jedi Luke first. Just for the hype
  • Options

Not true. The characters you play against are completely different from characters developed for game play. The only thing similar is look, but game play characters are from scratch.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Not true. The characters you play against are completely different from characters developed for game play. The only thing similar is look, but game play characters are from scratch.

Not true - Logray was an in-game Ewok opponent. He is now a playable toon.

So is Hoth Leia - and the Dev team have already announced her upcoming release as a playable toon.

Your argument there is flawed my friend.
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Not true - Logray was an in-game Ewok opponent. He is now a playable toon.

Yes that's because he was created from scratch. You can't just convert in-game opponents.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I think they're just talking about the models.
  • Options

They will not give him two basic attacks.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

First time for everything - new toons have to be more and more unique, it could happen.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options

First time for everything - new toons have to be more and more unique, it could happen.

Look at Thrawn's leader
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Look at Thrawn's leader

That's a special, not a basic attack.
  • Options

It's HIGHLY doubful, and I'd almost guarantee it won't happen. Like it's been said numerous times, if anything it'll be like Sabine. It's possible they give it a low cooldown like 1 or 2 turns.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

It's HIGHLY doubful, and I'd almost guarantee it won't happen. Like it's been said numerous times, if anything it'll be like Sabine. It's possible they give it a low cooldown like 1 or 2 turns.

I never said it is gonna happen, I just said it would be cool and unique.
  • Options

You said it could happen.

And I agree it would be extremely unique (obviously).
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @Krayden_Phogg I'm confused by what your typing. Are you saying that the commander luke we are getting will be rotj luke? Or are you simply saying we are eventually getting rotj luke?

Eventually. CLS should not be a Jedi (but will have a lightsaber). The Heroes event will take us to JKL. CSL is the next iteration of Luke, not the last.

Okay. I was going to ask for the comment regarding rotj. I think we all know rotj is in the future.

I'd be surprised if they didn't use a different/new model to launch CMD Luke. I highly doubt they will use one in the game files already. I'm very confidant we will get hoth luke in the white outfit.
  • Options
    @Krayden_Phogg I'm confused by what your typing. Are you saying that the commander luke we are getting will be rotj luke? Or are you simply saying we are eventually getting rotj luke?

Eventually. CLS should not be a Jedi (but will have a lightsaber). The Heroes event will take us to JKL. CSL is the next iteration of Luke, not the last.

Okay. I was going to ask for the comment regarding rotj. I think we all know rotj is in the future.

I'd be surprised if they didn't use a different/new model to launch CMD Luke. I highly doubt they will use one in the game files already. I'm very confidant we will get hoth luke in the white outfit.

I agree. While I'm hopeful FBL transforms into CLS and later JKL, it's highly unlikely. What's more likely to happen is CLS is a new toon and they (at some point) release Luke's X-Wing that FBL is the pilot of so he's at least viable in some aspect.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

I agree. While I'm hopeful FBL transforms into CLS and later JKL, it's highly unlikely. What's more likely to happen is CLS is a new toon and they (at some point) release Luke's X-Wing that FBL is the pilot of so he's at least viable in some aspect.

This would have been a really fun way to get luke. I thought it was how they were going to do it. But I think my initial impression was inaccurate.
  • Options

This would have been a really fun way to get luke. I thought it was how they were going to do it. But I think my initial impression was inaccurate.

Me too. We won't know until it they official release the details on how we'll get him. But the transforming way would be the closest to a story mode people have asked for.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

You said it could happen.

And I agree it would be extremely unique (obviously).

Exactly right - I used the word could. That by no means states that I said it is gonna happen does it? Its willful speculation at best.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Me too. We won't know until it they official release the details on how we'll get him. But the transforming way would be the closest to a story mode people have asked for.

How is this any different from me saying 2 basic attacks would be cool - why would they throw out a toon just because he is from a different era or version.

Sidious didn't transform into Palpatine when EP came out.

Personally I would be disappointed if they get rid of FB Luke - he is an iconic version of Luke.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

How is this any different from me saying 2 basic attacks would be cool - why would they throw out a toon just because he is from a different era or version.

Personally I would be disappointed if they get rid of FB Luke - he is an iconic version of Luke.

I don't think he is that iconic. But I can see the side of why eliminate a hero. So just making him a requirement for the event would satisfy me.
  • Options
    geez... people with light sabers sure do like cutting hands and legs off, don't they?

Its a bad disease in the skywalker blood. This is why Kylo uses the cross guard saber. That said, if he doesn't lose a hand, I'll be upset
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I don't think he is that iconic. But I can see the side of why eliminate a hero. So just making him a requirement for the event would satisfy me.

Absolutely - making him a requirement to get CLS and JKL down the road makes FB Luke now very valuable.
  • Options

After thinking about it I agree with you Boo. I like being able to create different squads based on a specific version of a character -- i.e. FB Luke, and raid Han, and Chewie, and New Hope Leia etc.

Also I don't see and problem with having multiple basic attacks. It's no different than having more than one special or unique to me.
This discussion has been closed.