Best way to obtain zetas

I'm currently building my fleet to take on the zeta challenge. However, am I wasting my time when I could be buying zetas every two days? Is the zeta challenge worth throwing most of my resources at or should I focus on just buying and slowly build up my fleet?

Replies

• Options
    Some people will tell you to regard the challenges as only bonuses, but I've gotten one for every 2 challenges I've done so they're definitely worth it imo
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    The intended way to get them is by buying them for 2000 each (otherwise there would be a level requirement). Treat the ones you get as bonuses that get you there faster.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I suggest buying your first few then eventually let challenges take over the job of farming and use your fleet currency for shards and gear.

I don't think I've purchased one since I unlocked challenges.

Fleet Store - Zaul & Zader
    Challenge - Zidious, Zarris, & Zody.

My current count is 33 zetas in my inventory which one will be going to Thrawn this week.

Sure I could zeta more people, but the other items im getting instead are more valuable at the moment.

• Options
    use tokens the best way possible to unlock the challenge. The large sample zeta challenge drop trackings show 0.75 zetas per challenge which equals over 4,000 fleet tokens a week.

I used a lot of tokens initially for toon shards and gear, worst mistake I made in the game. Everyone was killing me in arena when they were running zeta teams and I was 6 weeks behind.
  • Options
    Don't do like I did and farm any dark side ship. now I can't beat challenge for zetas and having to farm other ships to 5
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I would get your fleet to the point you can farm Zetas. Then buy them with all your fleet currency until you get your first Zeta ability. Then reassess how to spend resources from there.

The drop rates are bad, but you'll have a source of at least some free Zetas. You're ships will keep you at a better fleet arena rank if you're developing them (meaning more currency for Zetas). And ships will likely become more significant over time. New content will probably require them. Neglecting them entirely will come back to bite you one day.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    The intended way to get them is by buying them for 2000 each (otherwise there would be a level requirement). Treat the ones you get as bonuses that get you there faster.

Not 100% sure, but I believe you have to hit level 80 to be able to start buying zetas, and 82 to apply them.
  • Options
    I worked on my ships enough to unlock the challenge...sometimes you get 2, sometimes you get none, but I do enjoy spending my fleet points on ships, shards, and gear that would take longer to farm.

I get that it might take longer to get zetas this way, but after you get 2 or 3 of the abilities, at least as a f2p player, every zeta after that is just icing. Gear, shards, and ship shards will always be needed, despite meta. You could always grind both, get your fave toons zeta, and then whatever, but I don't spend fleet on zetas anymore.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    I'm currently building my fleet to take on the zeta challenge. However, am I wasting my time when I could be buying zetas every two days? Is the zeta challenge worth throwing most of my resources at or should I focus on just buying and slowly build up my fleet?

You should be building up your ships anyway. Others will move ahead and sounds like you want to stay at least in the top 500.

I average 20 zeta mats from the challenges every 5-6 weeks alone, close to 80 zeta mats total so far. RNG has been kind and I have yet to spend any fleet money on them. I will probably start buying 2 zeta mats a week to speed up the process now that I am satisfied with where I am at farming fleet store heroes and ships.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I've gotten 1 zeta in the last 3 weeks out of challenges... it's worth it but sometimes you go on horrendous stretches.
  • Options
    Definitely beat the challenge don't and don't waste fleet currency on gear or toons and ships you can get elsewhere, spend as much on Zeta as possible
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    I don't buy any zetas since I unlocked the challenge. (Only the first one/ 20). Too much important stuff to farm in fleet shop.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on the challenge since the Fleet Store is useful to buy gears and blueprints of rare ships (Slave I, TIE Advanced X1, Gauntlet). The challenge is not so hard to unlock, I've farmed easy dark toons and ships (Geonosians) and the FOTP to 4* since his ship is easy to get. Only GS and Sun Fac were 7* gr 9-10, the other ones were 4* gr 7.
    I also buy additional zeta when nothing is interesting in the Fleet Store.
  • Options
    Only buy zeta from fleet if u really NEEDED it, especially for ur arena team. If don't, then don't force it.. just hope u'll have lots of luck in challenge reward.

My story is my main team is rebel, i zetaed Vader as my first zeta. Wishing he is a game-charging. As i have Zader, i realize he is not really good as advertise. Only useful in raids. I want him to solo heroic rancor. It's worked anyway. But then i found new reliable team who can solo the rancor with more short time, and they don't even need zeta. I don't use zader anymore. :bawling:

Now i'm stockpile my zetas just from challenge waiting for the right toons to have it. Currently have around 45-50 zetas. :joy:
  • rengundo808
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer: I worked on unlocking the zeta challenges when they came out, unlocked it, and then started buying them via fleet shipments. While the drop rate isn't 100%, it's not 0. To date, I've zetaed the following:

Qgj
    Yoda x1
    Nihilis x1
    Vader
    Maul
    R2-D2 x1
    Cody
    Thrawn

That's 160 zetas. I'm currently sitting on 29 and stockpiling them.

This method will put you behind on zeta farming initially, but you're giving up 6 opportunities a week to farm them if you don't have the challenge unlocked.
  • Options
    In my opinion the challenge is definitely worth it and I highly recommend finishing it.

I bought a zeta out of the shop every now and then, but the most of them I got from the challenge.

Since I gave Vader my first zeta, I did not bought any of them out of the shop and I am at 9/20 for my fourth zeta and for me it is much harder getting enough omega mats for my chars. The number of Zetas I get is absolutely sufficient in relation to the omega mats, which are much harder for me to get.
  • Options
    The challenges averages 3 zetas per week, which is slightly lower than what you can buy in the Fleet store. See the farming of those ships (just not any random ones, but those that are not in GW store) as an investment : you'll get a return after just a bit more time than you went buying zeta mats from the store.
    And those better ships will probably help you achieve a better Fleet Arena ranking anyway, which will increase the Fleet tokens you receive every day.
    So, on the middle term, farming good DS ships to unlock and beat the zeta challenge is a win-win situation.