Is the new Mace any good?

So I haven't seen much posted about him. Has anyone been trying Mace with his rework? And if so, how is he?

Replies

• Options
    I've heard he's okay. Okay is better than he was.
    But he's still not good. Obviously only so many characters can be great, and he's not one of them.

In my opinion, he needs a HP buff and then he'd be good or good+. Even 1000 HP would make a big difference for him.

His HP steal effect is pretty much meaningless...he can steal at Talia's old levels. Meh. He doesn't hit hard enough for that to matter and once he's below 50% you might as well focus him down and kill him. It doesn't make any sense.
    His Expose doesn't trigger consistently (at all). The other option would be to make his Expose 100% and leave his HP alone. His speed is so slow, that Expose wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I have Mace but I still don't play him. Part of that is lacking great gear and stars for him (gear/stars is average), and part of it is lacking an amazing Qui-Gon Jinn to justify playing an all Jedi team. But I always read every Mace thread to see how he's doing.
  • Options
    I do like it, it's much better but his expose chance needs to be higher and his potential turn meter gain needs to be higher too. If it was 80% chance to expose and 40% turn meter that would be awsome
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think he might work well with Poe, resistance pilot and maybe resistance trooper
  • Options
    I've heard he's okay. Okay is better than he was.
    But he's still not good. Obviously only so many characters can be great, and he's not one of them.

In my opinion, he needs a HP buff and then he'd be good or good+. Even 1000 HP would make a big difference for him.

His HP steal effect is pretty much meaningless...he can steal at Talia's old levels. Meh. He doesn't hit hard enough for that to matter and once he's below 50% you might as well focus him down and kill him. It doesn't make any sense.
    His Expose doesn't trigger consistently (at all). The other option would be to make his Expose 100% and leave his HP alone. His speed is so slow, that Expose wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I have Mace but I still don't play him. Part of that is lacking great gear and stars for him (gear/stars is average), and part of it is lacking an amazing Qui-Gon Jinn to justify playing an all Jedi team. But I always read every Mace thread to see how he's doing.

I agree 100%

I have him at 6* G8 and he hits softer than my 5* Aayla who has 1000+ less power.

Like Eris said his expose is really all over the place. Some fights he never exposes anyone but other times he does it every turn.
  • Options
    Nope. Still stinks and will not be on anybody's arena team.
  • Options
    The changes are an improvement but Mace is still way underpowered. In the right setup he might be ok, but mi doubt he will be good in any group at the moment.
  • Options
    Its a trick by CG to make us spend all our resources into the new Mace and he turn out to be crap. I'm glad I didn't use my purple mats on him.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think they thought giving him a higher percentage on expose would be too OP, but the randomness of the expose is killer. You don't always attack the exposed toon if you are focused on burning down someone. I would agree to up his chance to expose so you atleast have an option.

And turn meter boost couldn't hurt either
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well... I am farming him because of the yoda challenge... But it appears that the devs want Mace to be a stronger character... So I think more buffs will come his way. All toons are not created equal... But jedi master Mace Windu should definitely be stronger than a GS or most in the game to be honest lol. I'll continue to farm and figure out how to make him viable.
  • TheBinder
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think his kit would be great as it is right now if they would improve his stats. His low damage and speed make him close to unusable. He's better than he was though which really shows how bad he was initially.
  • Options
    With QGJ as leader... His speed should improve... No?
  • Options
    I think he should have higher expose chance + more turn meter gain
    Also his special should do double damage if he successfully dispels an effect
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    With QGJ as leader... His speed should improve... No?

Yes but only to 133, which is nice but not enough to keep up with the current speed meta.
  • Options
    I'm not upgrading him for the arena though... I'm perfectly happy sitting at 150 collecting my 800 arena tokens a day lol
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    I'm not upgrading him for the arena though... I'm perfectly happy sitting at 150 collecting my 800 arena tokens a day lol
    You should always build the characters you want to build. I know Genosian Soldier is a top toon but will never build him because I don't want a no name bug on my team, no matter how strong he is.

Also I have a 7* maxed Mace Windu because I love the character not because he's awesome in Arena :smiley:
  • Options
    He's unusable in arena. I honestly don't see him as being better than he was. I mean what's the difference. You go from being useless to useless. What a dissapointing "buff". As it stands. Even if his expose landed every single time his dmg is still so **** poor it doesn't matter. I am not sure why they didn't make it expose all. And then u could pick who you could attack. Even with that- due to the fact the expose dissapears after your turn, he would still be pretty much useless. I mean for f- sake--- luminara regular attack does more than maces attack with an expose- let's not even mention her force blast. Oh yeah. And the buff wipe gets resisted more than it works

This is all coming from a 5 star fully geared and skilled mace btw

They totally dropped the ball on this one.
  • Options
    well that's disappointing... Maybe if his expose was 100% and it lasted a turn he would be useful? I never understood why it only lasted for his turn.
  • Options
    I think his buff is highly underrated however I think he has yet to find the right team in arena. He is great for GW but his expose gets resisted too much to be meaningful against high level teams. Also if you factor in his expose he does easily over 3k non crits at g7 lvl 66 5*. I think maybe in a team of

QGJ leader
    Resistance Pilot
    Poe
    Mace
    Lumi

He could be good. I just started starring up resistance pilot so we shall see.
  • Options
    Mmm... I just unlock him, not geared yet.
    After your feedback I'm thinking of dropping farm him and switch to Barriss, who seems indispensable for the yoda 7* fight.
    Is it a good idea?
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I think he might work well with Poe, resistance pilot and maybe resistance trooper
    I'm farming Mace for my team
    Poe 4*
    Rey 4*
    Resistance Pilot 5*
    Resistance Trooper 3*
    Mace will replace my ST Han 5* if he works out
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Quick answer is no there's far better options about I dropped him to farm barris
  • Options
    I feel that its's all really up to preference with him. Just use him if you want and then if you find him lack lustwr or boring drop him.

I have him at 6* G8 lvl 70 and at first I found him not too great. But after you get his invincible assault up he really does put pressure.

I took down a lvl 70 Phasma to half health on his first turn with expose. To compare, he is actually hits harder than Kit Fisto who I also have at 6* G8 lvl 70. Not bad for a free character. Kit just has more HP.
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    I'm farming Mace for my team
    Poe 4*
    Rey 4*
    Resistance Pilot 5*
    Resistance Trooper 3*
    Mace will replace my ST Han 5* if he works out

Working on the same team, just further than you.

I have Poe and Res Pilot maxed out.

Rey and trooper both at 4*. Really hoping this team works out.
  • Options
    Mace is still useless, even at 7* and maxed gear.
    His Expose was supposed to the main thing that made him shine, but you're lucky if you see ti once in a fight.

His random Expose should be 100%, that'd the minimum to even consider him for Arena.
    Sure, you can use him in GW as a filler, but that's about it for the new Mace imo.
  • Options
    He was at the very least a funny joke until this patch. Now he is just a below average character that will never see the light of day