7* R2 Squad Requirements

cw8
98 posts Member
Thank the gods I've been farming Empire since 2 months ago. My Sith is pretty established awhile back with EP 7* at G10 and Vader 7* G9 so I can conveniently use them for Empire as well. Didn't have enough to unlock R2 previously 'cause of the other 3 toons. Fast forward to now, I'm 8 shards short of RG to make him 7*.

Went for the easy acquired Empire toons like Tarkin and Magmatrooper. So currently the squad's:
EP (L) G10
Vader G9 (No zeta atm)
RG G8
Tarkin G8
Magmatrooper G8

Question is whether this squad is able to unlock R2 at 7* or is there some entry level gear requirements like in the EP event?

Replies

• Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    From watching videos on YouTube about it I think you'll be fine. I have a similar team with ITF instead of magmatrooper. Toss the arena team mods on for a few minutes and I think they'll be good.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Yes, you should be fine. From what I recall Emperor Palpatine lead is what most people used. I only had him at 6* last time but still had a full 7* Empire team and couldn't do it. I believe with decent mods you should be fine.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    i used EPG9(L) VaderG9, StormG8, RGG8, DeathG8 and beat it easily first time. abilities all omega'd, no Zetas.
    Star Performer was Deathrooper with that double tap stun
  • Options
    Yeah no worries
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat - the event caught me off guard - but I have (at 7*)
    EP g10 (L, right, he's the lead?)
    Vader g9
    TFP g9
    Tarkin g8
    Magma g8 (I'd love to replace Magma with RG or SnowTrooper, but they're not 7*)

omegas for all (except Magma) - no zetas for any of them

I figure, at worst, I should be able to snag a 6* R2 (this is just a guess though :) )
  • Options
    The only thing that might hold you back is Magmatrooper as at the highest level of this event all enemies are immune to turn meter reduction.

Kind of affects Tarkin as well, but he's useful outside of his turn meter reduction.

I'm hoping to 7 Star it this time around as I wasn't able to with gear 9 Vader and gear 8 Palp, Snowtrooper, RG and Tarkin (pre-rework). I got close a few times, so I'm confident that I'll be able to get it done with the same team, but with Vader and Palp at gear 10 and RG and Tarkin at gear 9.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm using Palps in arena and have decent mods on him. Currently at +70 speed clocking in at 191 speed. Vader has semi-decent mods. The rest have sorta bad mods. I can fill them all with 5 star mods but not neccessary with speed on them.

I found TFP incredibly hard to farm thanks to the droprate. And went for RG instead which also has a bad droprate but at least has 2 hardnodes more than TFP. Tarkin and Magma are easy since they're all currency toons.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    I had a similar squad except TFP and g11 Palps, swapped mods around took heaps of tries didn't think I'd get it, but eventually it did.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I used Zader lead (g11), TIE Pilot (g11), RG (g10), Palpatine (g11), and Tarkin (g7). I wanted an empire team for a long time so that's why must toons are maxed. You should definitely be fine though! Focus on killing R2 first and the rest is easy peasy.
  • Options
    I used Vader (g10), TFP (g11), RG (g7), Palp, (g10) and Tarkin (g7) to 7* R2. The last tier was pretty hard and it took a number of tries to beat it. There's some RNG definitely involved in the encounter.
  • Options
    Me too. Man; I was farming Empire but didn't think I'd need them quite so soon.

Mine are all level 85, and 7 stars. I've got:

Zader lead; all abilities maxed, gear 10.
    Palp: all abilites maxed, gear 11
    Stormtrooper: most abilities maxed, gear 9
    Snowtrooper: most abilities maxed, gear 9
    TFP: all abilities need omega to max, gear 8

I was farming DT and he's actually higher gear and has better abilities than my TFP does, but he's so slow to farm that I haven't seven starred him yet. He's 51/100 this morning, and no way will I get 49 more shards before the event ends.

Hopefully I can beat it. TFP will get creamed, I'm sure, but so long as I win, I don't care.

• Options
    I managed it (after many, many, many tries) with Palp, Vader, RG, Snowtrooper and TFP all at g8, so you should be ready to rock
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I remeber it being a pain, it's all about RNG (I used low gear toons :tongue: )... Did it with:
    EP(L) gear 10
    Vader gear 10
    RG gear 8
    Magmatrooper gear 7
    Stormtrooper gear 8
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    OP is used that exact team. Just moved some mods around and got it
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Me too. Man; I was farming Empire but didn't think I'd need them quite so soon.

Mine are all level 85, and 7 stars. I've got:

Zader lead; all abilities maxed, gear 10.
    Palp: all abilites maxed, gear 11
    Stormtrooper: most abilities maxed, gear 9
    Snowtrooper: most abilities maxed, gear 9
    TFP: all abilities need omega to max, gear 8

I was farming DT and he's actually higher gear and has better abilities than my TFP does, but he's so slow to farm that I haven't seven starred him yet. He's 51/100 this morning, and no way will I get 49 more shards before the event ends.

Hopefully I can beat it. TFP will get creamed, I'm sure, but so long as I win, I don't care.

you can do it!!!! only like 6 shards a day...
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Moving to squad and character strategy