Max health gain effects

How does max health gain work? The two I can think of off the top of my head are Nihlius and maul and I've had my issues with both

With maul less so but I feel like even after he's spent a whole battle just dodging and gaining health he still ends up dying real fast (he's squishy tho so I understand a bit)

Nihlius gains max health equal to his opponents max health though, which for a normal toon is maybe like 20k ish give or take. How does that work when he's not at full health? From my experience I don't think it gets added to his current health and just his maximum unless he's full

Also, how does that translate into raids? He deals 99,999 instead of killing in raid bosses and gains that much health, but if the run falls short near the end and the team starts dying he dies a lot faster than someone with about 1mil health should (would have used several annihilates over long raid run). Is there a health cap or am I missing something?

Bit of a lengthy/meaty post but any insight is appreciated

Replies

• DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Say DN has 10k total health. He is attacked, and is at 50% health. He annihilates an enemy with 20k health.

That puts him at 30k total health. He will still be at 50%, but his remaining HP goes from 5k (50% of 10k) to 15k (50% of 30k). Since the 50% stays the same, there's no visual impact on his health bar.

• DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there's no max health effect on raid bosses.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification on that @DRV , on raid bosses does he just not gain the max health?
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I think he does 99,900 damage, no max health.
  • Options
    Disappointing but also understandable, I appreciate the help @DRV
  • Options
    Part of me was looking hoping to one day have a 1v1 vs the rancor with a 2 mil health Nihlius