Low potency TM machine?

Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Is it just my or this will be a thing?

Replies

• Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It could be, but luke does need debuffs for some of his abilities.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    It's kinda hard for a debuff to get resisted unless you've got super low potency and the enemy has an extremely high modded tenacity, which is why tenacity up was made to be so powerful, because tenacity itself is extremely weak unless dosed out in huge chunks. So it won't be reliable to simply just have lower potency. It's more just (hopefully) a counter to tenacity up spam from Rex.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    It's kinda hard for a debuff to get resisted unless you've got super low potency and the enemy has an extremely high modded tenacity, which is why tenacity up was made to be so powerful, because tenacity itself is extremely weak unless dosed out in huge chunks. So it won't be reliable to simply just have lower potency. It's more just (hopefully) a counter to tenacity up spam from Rex.

It's also for raids.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

It's also for raids.

I mean maybe, but most characters that apply debuffs in raids you actually want to be applying debuffs. I just don't think it will be very useful to have those debuffs not land and getting 5% TM for each one that didn't land when debuffs are often very useful for raids. Higher potency there is probably better, it seems like it was definitely built to reduce the tenacity up use in arena.
  • Options

It's also for raids.

I mean maybe, but most characters that apply debuffs in raids you actually want to be applying debuffs. I just don't think it will be very useful to have those debuffs not land and getting 5% TM for each one that didn't land when debuffs are often very useful for raids. Higher potency there is probably better, it seems like it was definitely built to reduce the tenacity up use in arena.

I agree, it's just a reward for when your debuffs get resisted.
  • Options
    It's meant to punish teams that run a rex lead. Rex does his tenacity up thing and then all rebels gain tm if you try to land debuffs
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    It's like a "counter" to tenacity up
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    That should have been in Thrawn's leader ability, not gain TM when you get a debuff. but maybe they had this planned with Luke the whole time and are using a Thrawn lead to counter Luke.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds good with the most of the Rogue One rebels and R2D2
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    It's meant to punish teams that run a rex lead. Rex does his tenacity up thing and then all rebels gain tm if you try to land debuffs

this was the first thing i thought of.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    To a minor extent its also a "self balance" Luke v Luke, defensive stance gives 100% tenacity.
  • Options

I believe this particular ability is meant to be the end of the, just plain awful & boring, Rex leads. Hopefully ppl will need to go back to using tactics and turn order in elite arena team builds. Zaul & Rex have made ppl lazy...
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Facing a Luke lead...Rex, Yoda and Chirrut will b detrimental to your team. They fixed a broken lead and a broken combo w/ 1 toon. It's perfect.

Now to see what they do w/ the OG rebels.
  • Options
    There comes the usefulness of Pao!
    :)
    Seriously.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    There comes the usefulness of Pao!
    :)
    Seriously.

Yes Pao may finally be usable out side of p1 Haat.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    A low potency character that might work good with commander Luke lead is K2SO
    98.8% or 100% counter chance gains taunt like crazy and inflicts offense down on basic.