Serious Empire Questions Pt. 2

Rakim
267 posts Member
I want to preface this by saying this should NOT go in feedback section. Now then;

Good golly guys I think it's time we looked into giving Darth Vader, one of the most iconic toons in all of star wars, a 5th ability at the least! He is one of the few toons in his status who only have 4. What does the rest of the community think?

It might also be good for you guys to look into giving Emperor Palpatine a zeta or two. He is the only legendary toon without a zeta! What does the rest of the community think?

Replies

• Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Why does Vader, who is one of if not the most iconic Star Wars character, have one 4 abilities? Every character in his class has 5. You're releasing one of the more unremarkable Luke's and giving him SIX?!?! Yet Vader, who's gone through 2 reworks, still only has 4?!
    How is Emperor Palpatine the only legendary toon without a single zeta?! Not one. The only legendary toon. We have a total of FIVE legendary toons (Palpatine, Yoda, R2, Commander Luke, Thrawn) who have a combined NINE zeta and yet Palpatine has zero of them in that list.
    Every time you guys take a baby step forward for the Empire you take 10 more for rebels. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    Why does Vader, who is one of if not the most iconic Star Wars character, have one 4 abilities? Every character in his class has 5. You're releasing one of the more unremarkable Luke's and giving him SIX?!?! Yet Vader, who's gone through 2 reworks, still only has 4?!
    How is Emperor Palpatine the only legendary toon without a single zeta?! Not one. The only legendary toon. We have a total of FIVE legendary toons (Palpatine, Yoda, R2, Commander Luke, Thrawn) who have a combined NINE zeta and yet Palpatine has zero of them in that list.
    Every time you guys take a baby step forward for the Empire you take 10 more for rebels. Very frustrating.

It's simple....it's called Galaxy of Rebels isn't it?

But in all seriousness, CG has really disgraced the villains of this franchise.
  • Options
    Zetas were not in the game when Palpatine was added.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    LtGenStu wrote: »

@LtGenStu Multiple toons have been reworked to have zetas who were in the game before they were added. That includes Yoda, who was the very first legendary toon in the game.
  • Options

thats not an excuse. many toons have had zetas ADDED to them
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    I want to preface this by saying this should NOT go in feedback section. Now then;

Good golly guys I think it's time we looked into giving Darth Vader, one of the most iconic toons in all of star wars, a 5th ability at the least! He is one of the few toons in his status who only have 4. What does the rest of the community think?

It might also be good for you guys to look into giving Emperor Palpatine a zeta or two. He is the only legendary toon without a zeta! What does the rest of the community think?

100% agreed. Give the villains some love. Too much rebel OP going around in this game.
  • Options
    I agree but a lot of characters don't have zetas because of this. They can't rework every characters at once!
  • Options
    I agree but a lot of characters don't have zetas because of this. They can't rework every characters at once!

they cant do every toon so just focus on empire/sith/sep
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I would really like a zeta on Palpatine though.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Rakim they must Believe Vader is the best hero and doesn't need additional skills. I mean, he is the reward for 10,000 arena wins (5 shards).

They gave tarkin a new skill when he got a rework. I'm not sure why Vader didn't get the same love.

I'm actually holding hope we get a new variation of Vader as a legendary event.
  • Options
    It's about to get a lot worse...
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Agreed. It's been Galaxy of Rebels for a long time
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I blame Rogue One, there was no need for Pao, Bistan, Pathfinder, or Bohdi
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

I dunno, Pathfinder is my preferred tank.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Not saying hes not good just unnecessary with all the main rebel characters from the movie
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    For one of the most iconic characters it's pretty insulting he don't have at least a unique on top of his signature force choke.

I mean luke is having a kit that can switch roles has 6 abilities 3 of which can be zeta.....

Personally I think Vader needs a new more iconic version
  • Options
    I agree, but they are going to be in a cycle where they will have to keep updating the iconic toons to keep up with the latest releases.
  • Options

Not saying hes not good just unnecessary with all the main rebel characters from the movie

Ahh, I getcha.
  • Options
    Eh, I'm all for it but it isn't that needed. His leader is arena viable as well as incredible for the rancor raid. At the time it was released it was top arena worthy. A year from now when CLS is old (assuming it takes half as long to get to his next version as it did this one) he will be considered a crappy toon because of the power creep. We'll have threads going on about how he is the poster child for the SW franchise yet he only has 6 abilities while [enter new SW episode 8 background character] has 7 abilities.
    And so far this game hasn't proven to be the kind for constant buffs/nerfs for the sake of balance unless it Is a huge faction wide change or a new/reworked toon that will make CG a good chunk of money. On top of that there are some other iconic characters (not as iconic as Vader, but what character in any movie is) that are sucky, and calling Vader sucky is a little sketchy he's pretty decent. General grevious, mace windu, yoda, Han Solo just for a couple of examples. So unless empire or sith are getting a rework just months from their last one, I doubt he'll get reworked any time soon
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Kenobi and Vader were the only 2 force users that were never defeated. Kenobi is already strong and you're right that Vader would need a small rework, especially when you see Commander Luke's abilities. He's on training and is far better than Vader at the moment.
  • Options
    I'd be happy with a small vader rework but Palpatine not having zeta's on his leadership and unique is puzzling considering there are open spots there and like you said, he is the only legendary toon without zetas. Should have been put in last month to be honest I can't imagine what the hold up is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum. Please refrain from multiple posts with the same content.