Gar Saxon's terribly small damage - is he useful somethere or a trash unit?

Tautas
87 posts Member
edited August 2017
Gar Saxon is a tank who has no tount and similar protection as St Han. His offence power is extremely low and if you invest into tanking stats, - he still be terrible tank with so low basic skill damage that he deal lower damage than DoTs.
His skills gives impresion that it should be used offensively. Ok, it have extremely low physical offence and crit chance, but we can increase it with strong mods.
I have 7star 11gear 85lvl Gar Saxon with physical offence 2998 (+643) and 62,13% (+ 37,13%) crit chance.
Still with fully maxed basic skill it does so terrible low damage. It makes quite better damage with this stats + offence buff in battle, but still no good.
Planed to make team of Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Sabine + Gar Saxon. Kanan gives 75% counter chance to all phenix members, so I planed to use this combo against teams with AOE attacks.
But even if all 4 members counter and Gar Saxon shots 4 basics aditionally - that not look solid.

So is Gar Saxon any good and where to use it?

Replies

• Options
    Haat p1.. Don't count on him as hitter, count the damage counter from rest of ur team.
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gar has to have low damage, given the number of attacks he can take. He's meant to accumulate damage totals through a whole lot of attacks, not through a few powerful attacks. At your offense stat, he should do ~3700 points of damage with his basic. Assuming you have 150% crit damage, that's ~5600 on a crit. So if Gar gets four extra attacks, that should be, on average, 19684 damage ([3700 x 4] + [3700 x 4 x .5 x .66]).

EDIT: Damage numbers prior to armor.
  • Options

This. I just used him as a leader in GW. I only have him 3 starred, but using him with 7 star troopers, they took out a few teams pretty much just through counters. Gar was getting 3-4k assists on each counter, which when added to the 12k+ that toons like Snow and Death Trooper can do is nothing to a scoff at.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    It's because with his leader he could potentially attack 6 times consecutively
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Everybody here counts just the best possible situations and reality is not so beautiful picture at all. Hiting 3k - 5k damage while investing mods into damage - looks sad. As for leader skill I like other empire units' leader skills more. 50% counter is not 100% and oponents not using AOE all time ( even if they have AOE skills). I guess jedi team with GK and offence buffer (QGJ, Anakin) is best team to make Saxon do higher damage....

Oh well, at least he has a helmet.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Squad and Character Strategy
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Tautas wrote: »
    Everybody here counts just the best possible situations and reality is not so beautiful picture at all. Hiting 3k - 5k damage while investing mods into damage - looks sad. As for leader skill I like other empire units' leader skills more. 50% counter is not 100% and oponents not using AOE all time ( even if they have AOE skills). I guess jedi team with GK and offence buffer (QGJ, Anakin) is best team to make Saxon do higher damage....

Oh well, at least he has a helmet.

He can do some decent damage if you mod him with offense mods and secondaries
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]