Targetting broken when using auto-battle

Antimony
2 posts Member
edited February 2016
Targetting is broken when using auto-battle. If you lock on a target before using auto-battle, it will unlock the target and attack random enemies when you start auto-battling.

STR
1) Start a battle, in my case it was a GW battle.
2) Target and lock on a target.
3) Tap on auto-battle button.
4) Notice target lock is lost and another target is attacked.

Expected Result
Target is not lost and is attacked.

Repro rate
100% (although seemingly 80% since there is a 20% chance original target will be randomly selected)

Replies

• Options
    This is ruining the game for me. Even when I sit there on auto battle and tap my target 10 times a second it's still attacking randomly. I don't have a lot of free time so the auto battle feature is big for me but now I can't do half the battles because I'll lose if I don't step in.
    It's doubtful but I'm wondering if they did this on purpose to aggravate players and encourage/force them to spend actual money to get sim tickets so they can speed up their battles. In any case this needs to be fixed.
    This started immediately after the Feb 11th? update.
  • Options
    the auto is broken since the update. ramdomly jumping characters even after repeatly taping one toon , its still jumps.

And is there any chance of moving the atuo button so i dont press atuo when trying to activate the options button. ie trying reteat from galatic war and the atuo button activates and kills me off, ruining that game. sorry for having phat fingers
  • Options
    I came by the boards today to report this bug. I'll just add my voice to this thread.

It's potentially dangerous on some missions like the agility gear challenge where the best way to win is to take out the support droids first.
  • Options
    I've noticed sometimes tapping the same target repeatedly turns the auto target on and off. Tap it until you see a target on the enemy. If you don't... tap it again only once. This works some of the time but not always.
  • Options
    What I have seen using the 'Auto' function for the same reasons is the following:

1. Targets selected before activating 'Auto' are deselected by the AI when 'Auto' starts.
    2. Targets can then be selected during 'Auto' and will then be attacked exclusively. Once that character is defeated another target (typically the 'boss' or toughest character) is selected by the AI.
    3. This continues for the rest of the current round.
    4. At the start of the subsequent round there is no selected target, so characters are attacked randomly by the AI. Again, if a target is manually selected then step 2 is repeated.

Bearing in mind the limitations of the AI I would never use this function in Arena, GW, or challenge battles.