Vice_torn
599 posts Member
edited August 2017
Commander Luke(L)
Baze
Chirrut
R2
GK..

I am not so sure about the last slot, But the above would make a beast of a team.

Depending on rework ST-Han might take GK's slot.

Replies

• Options
    ATF may take the spot too.e especially when she will become farmable
  • Options
    All I know is that cls has put chaze back on the map
  • Options
    I don't think we can make these lists until we see the rest of the OG rebels reworked kits. I think any of Old Ben (presuming Rebel Tag and Taunt come with his rework), Sabine (aoe debuffs), Wedge (Defense Down on basic) will be good with CLS as well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The funny (sad?) thing is that if you replace "CLS" with "Rex" in the OP, you have many current meta teams. Maybe swap out Chaze with Thrawn and/or DN.

TL;DR The meta ain't changing - you're just adding CLS to a current meta team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The funny (sad?) thing is that if you replace "CLS" with "Rex" in the OP, you have many current meta teams. Maybe swap out Chaze with Thrawn and/or DN.

The only way it changes is if it no longer centers around hide the Nihilius. This may happen as ignoring taunts is huge.
  • Options
    im not sure about Chaze or GK so much. in other threads you can see poxx explaining about chaze.
    about GK - the cleanse barely needed now, the crit immunity barely needed, the counter attack barely needed... and as a tank, there are more options that can gain from being "Rebel". dont get me wrong, he might still be great, and eventually he maybe will be the best tank under CLS, but he's just not as useful as he was on other teams.
    also, this team dont have that much damage output, lets say the truth. vs team of GK (L) with Zarris and Zives, i dont see this "meta" team win. i think that team without thrawn/DN will have hard time beating defensive teams, and therefore, i see meta teams using one of those.
    also, STHan and Obi wan might be better option than baze or GK, because while GK and baze have "passive" taunt, that activated outside of turn, and STHan can be dispelled, you gotta consider R2D2 hide all but the taunter. TM manipulation of Han, with upcoming buff, can be amazing on that team, and obi wan have High defense, and luke obviously give 50% defense. add this to evasion of obi, and you have annoying team aswell.
    the biggest problem, as i said, is damage output. therefore, Ezra (or zATF) is almost a must, or raid han/leia, considering their upcoming buff. i think that putting ezra in that team, along with r2d2 bonuses, will make him more dangerous than chirrut, and his calling to assist isnt to a baze - and ezra calling luke to assist can change the match completely.

So i think, the meta will introduce at least 1 toon that wasnt until now (besides CLS) - someone from the reworks, my bet is on STHan. r2 will continue to be crucial on high meta teams, and DN/Thrawn feels like a must. for a second attacker, i think ezra will shine almost like he does on zQGJ teams
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The only way it changes is if it no longer centers around hide the Nihilius. This may happen as ignoring taunts is huge.

Hide the Nihilus hahaha....very funny but sadly, very true my friend.
  • Options
    I'm just gonna run classic rebels
  • Options
    CLS, Old Ben reworked, Fulcrum (throwing protection up around like a boss), r2, and srp/reworked sthan/leia/raid han
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    im not sure about Chaze or GK so much. in other threads you can see poxx explaining about chaze.
    about GK - the cleanse barely needed now, the crit immunity barely needed, the counter attack barely needed... and as a tank, there are more options that can gain from being "Rebel". dont get me wrong, he might still be great, and eventually he maybe will be the best tank under CLS, but he's just not as useful as he was on other teams.
    also, this team dont have that much damage output, lets say the truth. vs team of GK (L) with Zarris and Zives, i dont see this "meta" team win. i think that team without thrawn/DN will have hard time beating defensive teams, and therefore, i see meta teams using one of those.
    also, STHan and Obi wan might be better option than baze or GK, because while GK and baze have "passive" taunt, that activated outside of turn, and STHan can be dispelled, you gotta consider R2D2 hide all but the taunter. TM manipulation of Han, with upcoming buff, can be amazing on that team, and obi wan have High defense, and luke obviously give 50% defense. add this to evasion of obi, and you have annoying team aswell.
    the biggest problem, as i said, is damage output. therefore, Ezra (or zATF) is almost a must, or raid han/leia, considering their upcoming buff. i think that putting ezra in that team, along with r2d2 bonuses, will make him more dangerous than chirrut, and his calling to assist isnt to a baze - and ezra calling luke to assist can change the match completely.

So i think, the meta will introduce at least 1 toon that wasnt until now (besides CLS) - someone from the reworks, my bet is on STHan. r2 will continue to be crucial on high meta teams, and DN/Thrawn feels like a must. for a second attacker, i think ezra will shine almost like he does on zQGJ teams

Good thoughts. The rework of Luke can make him viable in such a team since CD stacks until the end, so at every counter, it's an additional CD. The tank will be either Old Ben or STHan and Han Solo can give again more cirtical chance to the team.

CLS(L), STHan, R2, Farmboy Luke, Han Solo/Ezra can be viable.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm looking at
    CLS, Nihilus, Rebel Tank, Ezra, R2
    Nihilus is critical for Luke's ability Use the Force.by draining health on every character, use the force will drop its cool down by 1. Ezra has the Watch and learn. And if he selects Luke , he will follow Luke's basic with 20% more damage. And grant 100% crit. +10% TM. (Luke hit for 18k in gif)
    The kicker will be Bodi, he grants turns, offense up, TM x2, Potency, removes TM, and +50% defense.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go: Commander Luke (l), Chaze, R2, and GK/FAT/DN.
  • Options
    CLS (L), Ugnaught, CUP, ME, and GG. This team will bring untold destruction on other teams on both offense and defense.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I'd go: Commander Luke (l), Chaze, R2, and GK/FAT/DN.

I like that, especially with Fulcrum. Or how about Commander Luke (L), R2, Fulcrum, Wiggs?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    chaze? fake meta !
    ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Luke's basic will dispel baze, then the rest of the squad will take out Chirrut. Rendering Baze impotent the rest of the match. Especially if Ezra is in a Luke team, his watch and learn with Luke will kill chirrut.
  • 3slink
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lukes basic doesn't dispel
  • Options
    I'm just gonna run classic rebels

Agree 100% - as long as they win and can hold at least decently on D, I don't care about being most meta. I'd be so happy running a viable classic rebels squad. This coming from a guy running an arena DS-exclusive team for the last 8+ months.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    The tenacity up from Rex, and Chirrut now becomes a very significant disadvantage. Rebels who debuff under Luke will be giving TM like crazy. Chirrut less so, because he only gives tenacity up if no debuffs were removed. So this leader ability seems solidly aimed at countering Rex. And I believe it will.

Secondly, AoE characters will have to think twice about using that ability. Luke, Fulcrum, Wedge, Biggs, R2, and potentially Leia all have very nasty damage or debuffs on basics. Now the AoE speed meta is past, but the most used AoE character at the moment is Nihilus. His AoE could get either him, or his taunted killed against a Luke team.

So I think that all current meta teams will hang around, but we will not only see some new teams with commander Luke, but some other new teams meant to deal with him.
  • Options
    Would it be a shock to find out that the new META is the team that unlocks CMD Luke? Just replace Farm boy with CMD Luke and "poof" there's your META. Very possible, because we do not know what the other 4 will look like after their rework.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    The tenacity up from Rex, and Chirrut now becomes a very significant disadvantage. Rebels who debuff under Luke will be giving TM like crazy. Chirrut less so, because he only gives tenacity up if no debuffs were removed. So this leader ability seems solidly aimed at countering Rex. And I believe it will.

Secondly, AoE characters will have to think twice about using that ability. Luke, Fulcrum, Wedge, Biggs, R2, and potentially Leia all have very nasty damage or debuffs on basics. Now the AoE speed meta is past, but the most used AoE character at the moment is Nihilus. His AoE could get either him, or his taunted killed against a Luke team.

So I think that all current meta teams will hang around, but we will not only see some new teams with commander Luke, but some other new teams meant to deal with him.

This is exactly what I was thinking. CLS won't immediately change the meta, but he will add a fourth leader to the current rock paper scissors. I'm hoping Luke's anti-tenacity up lead results in less CHaze in the arena.

I think Scariff Rebel Pathfinder could be a secret weapon, giving AOE debuffs and 15% TM to everyone whenever he counter. Throw in his never ending revive and possibly juggling taunts with Old Ben or STH and thats an annoying team to fight. Add Cassian for DPS and AOE debuffs that don't trigger, and your favorite DPS toon, maybe Biggs or Fulcrum, and that's a serious contender.

I'm willing to bet Leia's rework goes great with Luke as well. Here we go!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone that uses chaze with CLS should just uninstall. Use some creativity and get away from the cancer that Chaze is. thanks.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Everyone that uses chaze with CLS should just uninstall. Use some creativity and get away from the cancer that Chaze is. thanks.

i like to think they're picses instead of cancer.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Looking at the meta report:

CLS is now the second most popular lead, behind REX.

Two squads show up with CLS leads...

CLS GK DN R2 Thrawn.. at 25 leads

and

CLS Chaze GK R2 at 17 leads.

R2 under CLS is just nasty, as he stuns and feeds tm to rebels on counters.

Personally I would rather face the Thrawn version over the Rebel Version.

The wildcard is the Zeta, I would think CLS with leadership zeta would add more to the Rebel version.

I think the rebel version will overtake the Thrawn version over time.... Those still trying to gear up CLS are more likly to have Chaze then a 7star Thrawn, and as players add the leadership zeta they might go rebel.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »

and

The wildcard is the Zeta, I would think CLS with leadership zeta would add more to the Rebel version.

I think the rebel version will overtake the Thrawn version over time.... Those still trying to gear up CLS are more likly to have Chaze then a 7star Thrawn, and as players add the leadership zeta they might go rebel.

that exact luke, chaze, gk and r2 team isn't very good, but it gets the job done. I'm reasonably sure that it won't be the most commonly used team a month from now. I'd also like to note that out of the 497 luke lead #1 teams, only 17(!) use that exact team, so there are alot of variations possible with luke lead. I don't think chaze will have a place in the best variation of a luke team, but thrawn might. (mainly because it's just 1 toon and you don't have to sacrifice 2 spots).
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

and

that exact luke, chaze, gk and r2 team isn't very good, but it gets the job done. I'm reasonably sure that it won't be the most commonly used team a month from now. I'd also like to note that out of the 497 luke lead #1 teams, only 17(!) use that exact team, so there are alot of variations possible with luke lead. I don't think chaze will have a place in the best variation of a luke team, but thrawn might. (mainly because it's just 1 toon and you don't have to sacrifice 2 spots).

The thrawn team does its job, but it probably is just a temporary squad. I run it, all I did was replace Rex with Luke. But that's not the squad I want, as I'll add raid Han and leia as soon as I finish them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

and

The thrawn team does its job, but it probably is just a temporary squad. I run it, all I did was replace Rex with Luke. But that's not the squad I want, as I'll add raid Han and leia as soon as I finish them

yea, i think that version isn't the best luke variation either. Thought i put that in my comment aswell O_o
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze was already starting to vanish from my top twenty and will soon be completely gone. Nihilus is the next to fade away.
  • Options
    Cls, Han Zolo, zzR2, zthrawn and GK are much better imo. I've tried 20-25 different combinations of rebels and this has been my favorite so far