HPIT Damage Logging?

I am by no means new to this game, however, how damage logging works.... well I've never really needed to know because I just do damage when the time comes, and that's that. But recently I've been wanting to try out a few different squads and leaders to try to solo HPIT. Been using Teebo for the longest time, just can't seem to get past P2 on a regular basis.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG: So long as I do not completely finish the raid, and so long as I do not allow all of my toons to die, regardless of how many phases I get through, NO damage will be logged..... Yes?

Replies

• DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    That's correct.
  • Options
    And there is no need for me to go into airplane mode in order to accomplish that?
  • Kapp
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Perfect, thanks everyone!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    And there is no need for me to go into airplane mode in order to accomplish that?

airplane mode is just to be on the safe side. That rancor slam can sneak up on you and kill your entire squad due to the cooldown decrease. With airplane mode you won't log your damage when that happens. I personally don't use it, i just enter the battle, put my ipad in the charger and do some other stuff in the meantime.
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I turn off wifi and cellular data, airplane mode has caused the app to restart for me and I lost all of my damage. That wasn't a fun day for me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am by no means new to this game, however, how damage logging works.... well I've never really needed to know because I just do damage when the time comes, and that's that. But recently I've been wanting to try out a few different squads and leaders to try to solo HPIT. Been using Teebo for the longest time, just can't seem to get past P2 on a regular basis.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG: So long as I do not completely finish the raid, and so long as I do not allow all of my toons to die, regardless of how many phases I get through, NO damage will be logged..... Yes?

This is 100% NOT correct.

Once you finish a phase damage is logged.
    Or if you team dies you log damage.

The safest way is airplane mode, because no matter what happens you can force close and come back.

EDIT: I was so wrong. My bad.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The safest way is airplane mode, because no matter what happens you can force close and come back.

I agree that not using airplane mode is a bad idea, but if you complete phase 1, and then play Phase 2 for a minute than retreat, you start back at Phase 1. IN my experience, it doesn't log the damage until your squad dies or the Rancor dies.
  • Options
    so even if I am still in the raid, and I go from Pigs to Rancor, the damage from P1 is Logged while I am still in P2?? That seems wrong to me, cause I've been in P2 before, retreated, and it showed no damage for me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

you've been using airplane mode too long. :p Dmg only logs when your entire squad is either escaped or dead. Going to the next phase doesn't log dmg, i can solo p1, p2 and p3 and pauze my game in p4 (without airplane mode) at 9 o'clock and my guild mates will still start in p1 if they enter the battle/raid at 12 o'clock.
  • SolariJedi
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm so I didn't get blasted by officers, lol! Thanks Leef!

• Options

when you finish phase, damage isnt logged.
    people practice rancor all the time, even without airplane mod. i can get to p4, and then retreat after i practiced and check whatever i want. and it will do no damage.
    damage is only logged when all of your team die (or escaped)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Aren't you one of the forum moderators? You are incorrect here sir, damage is NOT logged once you complete a phase. I preload the entire raid and they get to start on phase one.

Also, I believe you close threads too early @Kyno. The double drops discussion you closed could have been left for healthy, fun, discussion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

Aren't you one of the forum moderators? You are incorrect here sir, damage is NOT logged once you complete a phase. I preload the entire raid and they get to start on phase one.

Also, I believe you close threads too early @Kyno. The double drops discussion you closed could have been left for healthy, fun, discussion.

Are pre loading in airplane mode?

Outside of airplane mode, damage is logged at the end of a phase.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Not airplane mode friend. I like to see chat and what phase my guild is on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

you've been using airplane mode too long. :p Dmg only logs when your entire squad is either escaped or dead. Going to the next phase doesn't log dmg, i can solo p1, p2 and p3 and pauze my game in p4 (without airplane mode) at 9 o'clock and my guild mates will still start in p1 if they enter the battle/raid at 12 o'clock.

I can't remember the last time I did a pit not in airplane mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You are 100% correct about the raid. My bad I was wrong.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Also, I believe you close threads too early Kyno. The double drops discussion you closed could have been left for healthy, fun, discussion.

Yes I am a mod, and that doesn't mean I am always right, I just play the game like you do and volunteer to help here.

Let's not go there. (It's against ToS.)
  • Options

My guild just started a raid.I started in P1 and am now in P2, there has been no damage posted yet and other members are starting in P1. This is how it has always been as far as I know
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

My guild just started a raid.I started in P1 and am now in P2, there has been no damage posted yet and other members are starting in P1. This is how it has always been as far as I know

Yep, scroll up, I was wrong.
  • ZaulLover
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    edit: irrelevant
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You are 100% correct about the raid. My bad I was wrong.

@ZaulLover yep I know. See ^^
  • Options
    yea i saw, edited :)
  • Options

Sorry, didn't see that. Just trying to spread correct info, apologies if it seemed like people were ganging up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry, didn't see that. Just trying to spread correct info, apologies if it seemed like people were ganging up.

No apologies needed. I was trying to do the same but my fingers out ran my brain on that one.

I can take it, especially when I was very very wrong, and could potentially hurt the community (with incorrect information ).

Need to verify myself a little more.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Also, I believe you close threads too early Kyno. The double drops discussion you closed could have been left for healthy, fun, discussion.

Yes I am a mod, and that doesn't mean I am always right, I just play the game like you do and volunteer to help here.

Let's not go there. (It's against ToS.)

You are well spoken, they chose a good one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

you're wrong more often as a "mod" than you were as a "member".
    Atleast, i think this is the first time i've seen you be wrong :p