Which is Wiser to farm? Tarkin vs Snowtrooper.

So forget about me needing Old Ben, I need this stupid R2 first. So I need 21 more shards to 7* my RG. I already have Palps, Vader and TFP at 7*.

Now the question is which one should I farm after that? I am already farming Tarkin, but I am 127 shards away. I finish either top 50 or top 20 everyday, so I can get 10 shards per day. Let's take in consideration that I have like 1000 currency left, so -10 = 117 more shards. Let's assume that I get lucky and 2 shards drop in the shard shop 115 shards left. Which means I will need 12 days, and only 7 are left. Now I still have faith as I can get lucky with the fleet store, if it drops like 45 total shards which is 9 refreshes out of 21 total, in theory I should be able to get him to 7*, the problem is - RNG dependent.

With Snowtrooper I am 75 shards away from 7*, the problem being - he is heavily RNG dependent as well as he is found only in Cantina node and if I get lucky in the guild store. Let's add some more luck and assume that I can get him 1 or 2 times from Bronziums as well.(I don't have anymore ally points left, so I am stuck with 5 free cards + ~4k points a day).

So in your opinion which would be wiser to farm? Given the fact that I still need 21 RG shards from the Cantina(and RNG drops like 8 with 3 total refreshes, so let's assume that I will need 3 more days to finish him out). In both cases my faith is in RNGesus' hands, but you can still guide me wise forum users.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why not both? Guild store and arena are separate places. You can farm snow's hard node, and see if Tarkin is in fleet. As it gets closer to the end, then you can see who's closer for refreshing their shops.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why not both? Guild store and arena are separate places. You can farm snow's hard node, and see if Tarkin is in fleet. As it gets closer to the end, then you can see who's closer for refreshing their shops.

Tarkin
  • Options
    Keep farming both.
  • Options
    Both - but choosing between the two Tarkin is an easy choice. His ship is elite and in arena he's also elite. Snow has no ship and in arena he's usable, but far from elite. Tarkin also has a great TM reduction skill that is $$$ in both raids (makes Rancor a joke especially with Thrawn and can solo p3 Haat with him as well). Back to arena - as we know speed is often so important - he has a +28/30 speed leader skill that is very viable. I have both g11 7* and love Snow, but this really isn't a contest if you're choosing. Tarkin is elite in every aspect of the game.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin if you had to choose, but farm them separately.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Snowtrooper sucks, farm Tarkin.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Farm both so you increase your chances at getting him. Both are solid toons so it's not like it's wasted time.
  • Options
    Torzek wrote: »
    Farm both so you increase your chances at getting him. Both are solid toons so it's not like it's wasted time.

While this is truth, I was planning on trying my luck with Old Ben and if I farm Snowtrooper I will waste even more cantina energy on him and I don't even know if I would be able to get 75 shards in like 4 days :/