Tarkins ship bugged?

I have 5 ships combinations of full health and with protection.

I dont understand how 1 AOE from tarkins ships destroyed all 5 of my ships

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to correct sub forum.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I can't read the minds of the developers, but I'm inclined to believe that it's not a bug.

Rather, it's balance. It's not my idea of "good" balance, but there is a certain logic to it.

I think that it's probably intended to be an I.W.I.N. button that Tarkin presses on any opponent who fails to beat him before his 5th turn. Basically his equivalent of a raid boss enrage, to compensate for his lower damage early on. Either you need to beat him before his 5th turn, or you need to use Mace's Convergence (damage immunity) at the right moment to deflect the Imperial Assault. If you don't, then you lose.

It may not feel fair or fun, but it does constitute a goofy kind of balance.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    It's WAI, and it's epic
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    marauder wrote: »
    I have 5 ships combinations of full health and with protection.

I dont understand how 1 AOE from tarkins ships destroyed all 5 of my ships

His special attack is not just 1 AOE. its actually 12 attacks, this is why it starts on a cool down. I have had 5s survive with full health and almost full protection along with 3 other ships on the board, but he only survived by a little.
    I think that it's probably intended to be an I.W.I.N. button that Tarkin presses on any opponent who fails to beat him before his 5th turn. Basically his equivalent of a raid boss enrage, to compensate for his lower damage early on. Either you need to beat him before his 5th turn, or you need to use Mace's Convergence (damage immunity) at the right moment to deflect the Imperial Assault. If you don't, then you lose.

This is a good way to think about it. his kit doesn't offer too much, so this attack makes up for it.
    • Mace has damage immunity which will help you avoid this.
    • there is also (future) options of Tie Reaper, who will decrease TM of opponent. (you can use him at low * count but hes hes not farmable right now)

General strategies:
    • avoid attacking TFP becuase he will speed up the opponent
    • try to bring in a reinforcement right before attack, as they will have the best chances to survive.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    • avoid attacking TFP becuase he will speed up the opponent
    this
    and try to have at least one ship in good health ... best Fives' ship.
    I succeeded in getting #1 with Ackbar - his heal is usefull ;)

But no matter which capital ship you use - just destroy enemey before he uses his ultimate ;)