Lumi vs. Phasma for GW farming

So I've been playing star wars for about a month and I Havnt used any money but I'm completely lost right now and I don't know which direction to go to. I have a decent amount of characters so I'm just going to list them out and it would be great if you guys could give me some feedback/help on how I should build my team.

Lvl 55 5* Sid gear lvl 6
Lvl 55 5* Chewie gear lvl 6
Lvl 55 4* Lumi gear lvl 6
Lvl 55 4* Boba gear lvl 6 (got him in pack)
Lvl 55 4* Talia gear lvl 6 (almost 5*)
Lvl 54 3* JC gear lvl 7 (almost 4*)
Lvl 52 4* Luke gear lvl 5
Lvl 52 3* FOST gear lvl 6
Lvl 52 4* Fives gear level 4
Lvl 52 4* Cad Bane gear level 4
Lvl 51 3* Poe gear level 4
Lvl 51 2* Ahsoka Tano gear lvl 4
Lvl 50 3* Savage Opress gear lvl 4
Lvl 48 2* QGJ gear lvl 4 (got him in pack before you could farm him and having farmed)
Lvl 45 3* Jawa gear lvl 4
Lvl 45 1* IG-86 gear lvl 4
Lvl 44 3* Storm Han gear lvl 4
Lvl 44 2* Kit Fisti gear lvl 4

There are my leveled up guys but I also have GS and some other players that are no good.

Once again it would be great if you guys could give me some help and point me in the right direction and I was think I should farm Phasma but Lumi is so good I just don't really know where to go..

Replies

• Options
    Phasma is a great leader, you don't really have anyone to team her up with. I have a Lumi after a while I got tired of healers causs really in this format you only usually get one heal a game, so I just decided to have no healer and went full in attack. So I've had this set up for a long time now. Phasma lead, Kylo, 5's, Sid, Poggle. Highest rank I've reached is 30. (:
  • Options
    I have 5's and I have used him in battles for kid testing him out but I never really liked him because his basic is not very powerful and doesn't do very much damage. So you think I should just muscle through it and use him? And if I do are there any places to farm him?
  • Options
    Luminara is better than Phasma for GW, because you need healers in GW.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Luminara is better than Phasma for GW, because you need healers in GW.
    But fur squad arena which would be better to get my team for higher ranks?
  • Options
    While lumi might not be as helpful in late game arena, she is useful for awhile. However galactic war is where she shines. Until you can farm bariss she is the best healer for GW especially with the heal over time (JC is also good with his quick cooldown, just not as good) also lumi's leader ability is great for keeping your team near full health during the early rounds. I would say farm lumi first because she is great at helping you finish GW every time. This will help with farming the rest of the GW shipment characters.
  • Options
    Op,
    It looks like you are spreading yourself too thin. Concentrate on just 5 to 7 toons.
  • Options
    Op,
    It looks like you are spreading yourself too thin. Concentrate on just 5 to 7 toons.
    That's what I was starting to think too Because I'm actually lvl 60 I'm just not able to level up my guys so do you have any suggestions to what toons I should pick to level up?
  • Options
    I don't know who with the new meta change. For gw you need healing so concentrating on lumi, jc and sid (self heal) works.

For arena think speed and damage. Qgj. Gs. Rey.
  • Options
    In GW I'd farm Lumi first then Phasma. They're both great in GW and GW generates a lot of credits and some ability materials. Anytime healing is useful Lumi will be awesome and she does good damage to boot.

Your best options for cantina battles are JC if you need more healing in GW and/or are going for Yoda and GS or Luke (I prefer GS FWIW) if you need more damage. Talia is pretty good for GW, but those other three are also good for many different modes.

For cantina shipments QGJ is the current "it" guy if you're going for Yoda (and he's great otherwise), but Daka will help a lot with some challenges, DS and GW. She's even viable in arena and pairs well with Phasma.

For arena shipments Sid is the obvious first choice. Heal block, high speed an AoE, self healing and dodging Jedi are all very nice. Eeth is the fastest way to get to 5, 5 star Jedi, but early reports seem to say he's not great for the 6 and 7 star Yoda battles. ST Han is a personal favorite of mine, too. I can't wait to get back to farming him.

Dooku is probably worth farming in hard battles for now to get a jump start on him. His anti Jedi lightning and super annoying counter attacks and bonus attacks are really nice for a lot of different modes. He was a bit weak at 3 stars but is starting to look better at 4.

I'd leave 5's, Chewie and FOST where they are for now. Maybe gear them up to 6 if it's easy. They're nice for challenges and GW fodder, but not great for arena or on your A-team in later GW battles.
  • Options
    Lumi is also a strong on the offence. one of my most frequent teams is a 7* Lumi, 7* Sid, 5* QGJ, and 2 other 4*s. Dooku, Kylo, Vader, Luke being the most often used.

Lumi's basic saber attack is probably the highest damage attack in my team currently, and her second attack includes ability block. so I think she has value for DPS, not just heals.

and her leader skill is awesome for GW.
  • Options
    Lumi to 7*, then phasma. You want them both.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Hersh is right.
    You have awesome toons don't worry about trying to acquiring more ,except barris. Remember to gear up 1st then star promote 2nd and a distant third levelling. The 5 toons I would focus on are , lumi,Sid,boba,jc,and savage,savage is ok until you get Him to 5* and gear 7 then he starts to kick azz. Most of those toons are easy to farm too. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Holy crap man haha stick with some characters. Lumi is good pick. You need to get a team to 7* or will fall completely behind
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I must be the only person who didn't farm phasma. I went lumi then poggle now I'm staring Teebo a bit so I can finish that tank challenge. Phasma never untested me because going for her would ruin what I have built. Id only go for her if I wanted to create a FO team.