Are more rebels really necessary?

Tijack
76 posts Member
28 rebels in the game right now. +1 with new luke, +1 with reworked old ben, +2 from hoth leia/han.

We all know the rebel faction is the most "explored" one in the star wars franchise, but can we take a break from adding new ones almost every month while other factions are in desperate need of new additions?

New clones? New jedi? Siths? And basically every other faction? There are so many characters from so many factions that could be added, yet its always more rebels.

Even if the toons arent great - more options is always a good thing. Take gar saxon, he isnt a great toon for arena, but he works well in haat.

TLDR: pls more variety in toons.

Replies

• Options
    Hermit Yoda will hopefully be Jedi and Rebel.
  • Options
    NO, NO MORE REBELS
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I feel bad for the dark side factions. Personally I feel like they're lacking in major characters, which makes it difficult without looking to the EU. I guess there are still a lot of OT bounty hunters which could be added, as well as Jedi and clones. How many more major empire characters are there though?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    NO, NO MORE REBELS

MOAR REBELS
  • Options
    Rebels have the more dynamic characters and personalities. I think there will always be more rebels. Empire are nameless faces in masks. The fact that we can't use duplicate toons means that there will always be some kind of slant towards the non-empire characters. Sure we could use more Empire ( and others ) but I don't think we should expect them to be exactly on par in terms of overall characters.
  • Options
    I feel bad for the dark side factions. Personally I feel like they're lacking in major characters, which makes it difficult without looking to the EU. I guess there are still a lot of OT bounty hunters which could be added, as well as Jedi and clones. How many more major empire characters are there though?

Outside the EU, none really. They could bring in GA Pelleaon, Admiral Daa'la and Jagged Fel, but the licensing probably doesn't let them. That's the problem with people complaining about Rebels, they're what canon Star Wars is about.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Outside the EU, none really. They could bring in GA Pelleaon, Admiral Daa'la and Jagged Fel, but the licensing probably doesn't let them. That's the problem with people complaining about Rebels, they're what canon Star Wars is about.

They can use anyone from the EU but theyre probably hesitant to do so when they can use more known movie characters or morw relevant characters from new releases.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Rebels have the more dynamic characters and personalities. I think there will always be more rebels. Empire are nameless faces in masks. The fact that we can't use duplicate toons means that there will always be some kind of slant towards the non-empire characters. Sure we could use more Empire ( and others ) but I don't think we should expect them to be exactly on par in terms of overall characters.

On. Point. Always cracks me up how this is how they portray most of the Imperials in SW Rebels:
    141103-5.png

• Options
    Bring in non cannon charecters they did with nihlus the could with Bane and Revan and Scion and a thousand more
  • Options
    Bring in non cannon charecters they did with nihlus the could with Bane and Revan and Scion and a thousand more

Nihilus was in a previous EA game as far as I know, so they would have owned rights to the character, that won't cover new republic era EU Characters though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Just make more Imperial Troopers. Theres tons of specific trooper types that are available from canon alone. Make a TIE bomber pilot and make the TIE bomber ship. However named characters will always attract more attention and money which is why they always come back to rebels.
  • Options

Nihilus was in a previous EA game as far as I know, so they would have owned rights to the character, that won't cover new republic era EU Characters though.

Bane is straight out of sith history he first came to light from the prequals and Scion and treah are from the same game as nihlus
  • Options

Bane is straight out of sith history he first came to light from the prequals and Scion and treah are from the same game as nihlus

So they could use Scion and Traya, that's not going to help people that want more Empire characters though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Darth Sion and Darth Traya are from the same game as Darth Nihilus yes.

I believe they're allowed to use anything that is canon or anything that is non-canon that is also their property such as the The Old Republic games (KOTOR, KOTOR 2, SWTOR). Bane is canon anyway thanks to the clone wars tv show
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

So they could use Scion and Traya, that's not going to help people that want more Empire characters though.

They can use all sw characters even ones from the EU. Theres no issue with rights.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

They can use all sw characters even ones from the EU. Theres no issue with rights.

What's your source for that?
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

One of the devs stated it when the game came out.
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-now-available-for-mobile-from-ea#latest

“We've created a game for Star Wars and RPG fans where you can mix and match your favorite characters from across all the films and TV shows, creating squads with heroes from both the light and dark sides,” said John Salera, Executive Producer on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes at Capital Games.

Their boss doesn't agree.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-now-available-for-mobile-from-ea#latest

“We've created a game for Star Wars and RPG fans where you can mix and match your favorite characters from across all the films and TV shows, creating squads with heroes from both the light and dark sides,” said John Salera, Executive Producer on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes at Capital Games.

Their boss doesn't agree.

nothing in there contradicts what i said. The post I'm refering to wasn't an official posting but responding to a question on it. Believe what you want, its fine with me.
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Scout trooper, AtAt and ATST pilots, probe droid, just a few simple ones off the top of my head. The plethora of rebels toons has bypassed sanity a long time ago. It's unbelievably... let's say goofy... since other words will get edited. It's not just regularly insane, it's full on weapons grade insanity that they felt the need for MORE REBELS... My suggestion, FIRE the dude picking the new characters cause he is broken. Get a new one to bring BALANCE TO THE GAME
  • Options
    There's Inquisitors, tank trooper, at-st driver, lot of bounty hunters, lot of other clones, lot of different troopers (naboo soldier, neimoidian warrior, umbaran soldier etc)
    Instead of releasing classic characters already done.
    Hermit yoda? Seriously?

Hoth Leia? We want hot leia!!! (Slave leia).
  • Options
    so IF we are lucky they will add 2 rebel character and 2 rebel ships and be done. Rebel Chewbacca, ROTJ luke, The original Falcon, and Red Five. Then Hopefully they will be done with Rebels.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    The Rebels are the good guys. They win. They are the Star Wars heroes of the most importance, so we get more of them. It will always be this way. May as well get used to it and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    The Rebels are the good guys. They win. They are the Star Wars heroes of the most importance, so we get more of them. It will always be this way. May as well get used to it and enjoy the ride.

I'm sorry I couldn't understand you with all the ignorance in your mouth. The rebels are the good guys from a certain point of view, the empire brought stability and piece to many planets and given time and the correct leadership like Grand Admiral Thrawn it may have become the better organization. Remember rebels like Saw Gerrarra are extremist terrorists your rebels aren't so perfect either.