New arena squad

Ackbar lead, erza, bistan, hoth rebel scout and scarif rebel pathfinder
Would this team work for arena? I know its not the typical rebel squad because it doesn't have wiggs. I'm mostly doing it for fun so I don't care about rank all that much. I haven't been able to test them out yet because I started them from scratch recently with the exception of erza who I have geared pretty well. That being said I found them interesting because they can all be farmed separately which is convenient. This will be my first full rebel squad so can anybody give a general idea of how they would do?

Replies

• Options
    It's not the worst Rebel team for mid game, but it's not one I would choose.

The main problem I see is lack of damage and general usefulness. Akbar is healer/support, SRP is a tank with one of the weakest attacks in the game, and even though Bistan and HR Scout are attackers, their kits are designed more around TM control than damage.

This leaves Ezra as your main damage dealer, and while he hits really hard, it's dangerous to rely on one toon for all your damage.

Also, the main thing I try to do is focus on toons with use in more than one area. With this squad, Akbar is useful in fleet, Bistan in fleet and raids, and Ezra can help unlock R2, Yoda and Thrawn.

SRP is also a pilot and might become useful with CLS, and the Hoth soldiers will apparently be needed in Territory Battles, but if you haven't hit level cap, your arena team is much more important.

Lastly, Akbar isn't a great leader, he's useful if you really need that extra speed, but if you really don't want to use Wedge or Biggs, I'd at least use Lando. A tiny bit slower, but the critical damage will really help your team hit harder. Also he's a scoundrel and is great for the credit heist.

So.. some other quick suggestions
    Lando, Bistan, Ezra, SRP and Cassian or Leia
    or Lando, Bistan, Ezra, Kanan and HR Scout.

Actually, if your looking for useful mid game Rebels that are all farmed in different spots, you can't beat Phoenix squad. I'm sure there fine for mid game arena, they are all pilots, are great for GW can be used to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, plus Kanan and Ezra can be used for Yoda. I've heard they're even decent in raids.

Just my two cents. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for advice. I had a feeling there would be some weaknesses in this team. So it comes down to lando or leia as the leader, I prefer lando but farming him would conflict with SRP and erza.
    Thanks again, I'm glad I didn't invest too much in akbar.