First zeta advice

I'm pretty new. Been playing just under a year. Still gearing toons up, most are gear level VIII, some IX, none higher. Most abilities are maxed on my main teams. Coming up on having my first zeta ready to equip. Not sure who I should use it on. I have mostly Jedi as my team: QGJ, Bariss, Luminara, Mace, and most times use a combo of Fives and/or Boba Fett. I also have a full scoundrel and Empire team 7 stars: Vader, Doolittle, Maul, Sidious, IG-88, Lando. I'm going for a decent rebel team right now.

Any recommendations for a direction for my first zeta?

Replies

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Qui gon. Always do arena team first
  • Options
    Can you post your Swgoh account? That will help.
  • SolariJedi
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Maul, Vader, or QGJ are all safe bets. All three should significantly help your arena score, at least one rewards tier higher depending on your shard, and they have uses outside of arena. Just be sure that if it's outside of those three it's a leader ability. There aren't many game changing zeta's (without seeing your full roster) besides those.
  • KaosZman
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Xxx-xxx-xxx

Is that the right one?
    Post edited by KaosZman on
  • Options
    KaosZman wrote: »
    279-925-735

Is that the right one?

Nope. Go to swgoh.gg and link your account. That way we can see your roster. Like this:

https://swgoh.gg/u/commodorecudz/
  • Options
    Swgoh.gg is a website that synchs with your account so ppl can see what toons you have, levels, mods, etc. very useful. Then you post a link to your acct when you have a question for ppl.
  • KaosZman
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok, just updated the account. I didn't get it sync'd correctly, but it seems to be working now. Thanks so much for looking!

And dude, Exar, are you seriously #1 in Arena?!?! I can't top 600!
  • Options
    After looking at your roster, again either Maul, Vader, or QGJ (in no particular order) would be your best bet. If you go the QGJ route, giving a Zeta to Barriss/Yoda's BM down the road would also help your Arena rank. If you do Maul you'll want to start farming Savage and give him his zeta. And Vader is never a bad option. All depends on where you see yourself farming in the future.

If you want to go off the beaten path a little, maybe not your first but second or third could be Finn. His leadership is amazing. but you will need to farm Resistance Trooper out of the guild store and Poe from Cantina. They are essential to that squad, but worth it. New movie will have new resistance toons to add to the game, and even a gear 9 or 10 ZFinn Squad can clear Galactic war easily.
  • Options
    KaosZman wrote: »
    Ok, just updated the account. I didn't get it sync'd correctly, but it seems to be working now. Thanks so much for looking!

And dude, Exar, are you seriously #1 in Arena?!?! I can't top 600!

Haha. One of a few #1 players on my shard.

To the point, you need better mods. You have a strong Jedi roster. I think your best bet will be zQGJ(L), Anakin, R2, Yoda and Ahsoka.

Your end game team should be zQGJ, zzR2, zYoda, Anakin and GK. I have someone who runs this team on my shard who holds top 20 and can take first daily. It's actually the only team I struggle to beat at the moment.

Your steps to success:
    1) Ditch you current guild and join an HAAT guild. It sucks at first, but is necessary to stay competitive. If you don't spend 600 energy a day, you will need to start in order to get invited into most HAAT guilds. An HAAT guild is necessary to farm GK. Should take about four months to unlock him.

2) Farm Resistance to 5* and G7. Should be enough to 3* the speed mod challenge. Jedi need speed mods. Once you beat the speed mod challenge, farm nothing but speed mods until you have a full set of +100 speed (before zQGJ leadership) for Yoda. And decent mods for the rest of the squad. Should take about two weeks of serious farming to get Yoda these mods after you unlock the challenge.

Farm up 7* g7-g8 Empire. You will need them to 7* R2 who is pretty essential for Jedi. R2 will probably be back in about 4 months, which is how long it will take you to unlock GK anyways.

So I estimate 4 months of sticking to this and you will be a top 50 or better player. In the meantime you will climb pretty well with zQGJ and the team I mentioned before. If you have another zQGJ team in your top 50, check their mods and try to beat them in terms of speed. Should give you a good idea of what it will take.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Dooood. Thanks so much! I'm still learning. I am indeed spending around 600 energy per day. I'm always on - getting all refreshes, and usually using all my daily crystals earned to refresh light/dark battles, but sometimes for purchasing gear from shipments. I've also been trying to regularly get top spots on the guild activities (which I can do most times).

Re HAAT guild
    My current guild was started by my brother - which is the reason I joined it, as well as my son and nephews (there's like 6 of us lol). I'm not opposed to joining another guild to build my toons up, but I probably wouldn't stay in it forever, as I believe in loyalty. Feedback?

I'll work on R2 and mods. Thanks again!!