Is Darth Maul worth gearing?

Just unlocked him in a Chromium pack, is he worth it? What teams does he fit with? And advice appreciated :blush:

Replies

• Options
    Yes, but the better question is: are you willing to keep buying chromium packs to promote (star) him?

I got him at 4*, and he was great at lower levels. You cannot farm him, so I have him stuck at 4*. Not going to spend a fortune to gamble on getting shards for him.

If you think you will be able to promote him, then by all means, go for it. If not, then concentrate on toons that you can get to 7*.

Maul is a great DPS and AOE is really nasty, but he's a bit squishy.
  • Options
    DarthBooey wrote: »
    Yes, but the better question is: are you willing to keep buying chromium packs to promote (star) him?

I got him at 4*, and he was great at lower levels. You cannot farm him, so I have him stuck at 4*. Not going to spend a fortune to gamble on getting shards for him.

If you think you will be able to promote him, then by all means, go for it. If not, then concentrate on toons that you can get to 7*.

Maul is a great DPS and AOE is really nasty, but he's a bit squishy.
    Thanks, I think he'll be too squishy for my arena team which is mostly 6* also considering I am largely f2p
  • Options
    I got lucky and got enough shards on Chromium pulls to get him to 5*. He's useful for DS missions (I haven't finished them all yet) but he's super slow (Ahsoka slow) and when I used him in GW and Arena, I suffered.

That's just my experience though, but personally I don't feel he's got much utility for me and not with my long term plans.
  • Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I got lucky and got enough shards on Chromium pulls to get him to 5*. He's useful for DS missions (I haven't finished them all yet) but he's super slow (Ahsoka slow) and when I used him in GW and Arena, I suffered.

That's just my experience though, but personally I don't feel he's got much utility for me and not with my long term plans.

Thank you
  • Options
    Leveling and gearing him up isn't too expensive. He flat out wrecks jedi. He is great GW insurance. I gear up all of my unlevelable 4 stars to be pinch hitters in GW.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    With the new health steal, he is great for GW-- I now take him all the way through GW no problem at all.

He can heal up for 1k a hit after 3rd opponent is defeated and also for about 1k a shot on a crit. So basically a full-heal on his AOE.

Also very fun if you put him at leader since his evade boost stacks with his own leader boost.

Arena, I use him for fun, but he is a liability on defense if the enemy targets him first (but also, a nice decoy because he will always be targeted first). Also his skillset is so simple it's hard for AI to screw it up. But your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    With the new health steal, he is great for GW-- I now take him all the way through GW no problem at all.

He can heal up for 1k a hit after 3rd opponent is defeated and also for about 1k a shot on a crit. So basically a full-heal on his AOE.

Also very fun if you put him at leader since his evade boost stacks with his own leader boost.

Arena, I use him for fun, but he is a liability on defense if the enemy targets him first (but also, a nice decoy because he will always be targeted first). Also his skillset is so simple it's hard for AI to screw it up. But your mileage may vary.

Thanks , I'll use him in GW then as that is where he seems useful