State of the Galaxy: Ships

Slyfox
34 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hello Devs,

It is closely approaching the 1 year aniversery of the launch of ships and the lack of updates to ships is showing. It has been months since a new ship has been mentioned or hinted. No mention of ships in the state of the galaxy post or in the whats ahead... post. The only mention of ship content was made on a podcast when i believe capgasp mentioning that the several unfarmble ships (tie reaper, kylo, cassian, falcon) would become obtainable somewhere else in the game not through the ship cadence they introduced . Wheter that implies that they are rewards in territory battles or perhaps in a new unreleased ship table we have no clue.

Can we get some new ship information that will keep us playing more than 1 ship arena match and 2 sims a day? It desperately needs the attention.

Perhaps Include...
-Ship Omegas farmable
-7 Star Capital Ships
-Hardware comming soon...
-PvE Table? Cantina style?
-Ship Flash Events, Heroic Ship Event
-Multiple new ships, fleet comander

Replies

• Options
    Love to see fleets get some love as well.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Agree 100%, I currently have nothing to spend my 20 mil ship credits on. Plus I have nothing to do with my ships besides fight a few arena battles each day against the exact same Biggs target locks squads. Please give us new content.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Holy kitten it's been a year already!
  • Options
    How about making the four ships that are unfarmable, farmable
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Free Falcon for everyone
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Free Falcon for everyone

But the original one, with FREE CHEWY SHARDS
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Please do! We need more variations and PvE.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    +1

We need moar ship content!
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    With Territory Battles using ships too there may be stuff in the TB shop to get?
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    How about making the four ships that are unfarmable, farmable

It will take more than, those ships to fix the problem. A direct injection of a lot of new ships and new fleet commanders would be required to shift any semblance of a meta in ships. Even then, all you will have is several new ships and still only run 1 ship arena battle a day.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    +1

Yeah! GIVE US MOAR! GIVE US MOAR!
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    With Territory Battles using ships too there may be stuff in the TB shop to get?

Perhaps, but new ships doesnt fix the core problem. Time spent in the ship section is less than 7 mins a day.
  • Options
    Lets wait to see what theyre doing with Territory Battles first, this does include ships in a Guild game mode which has its own store so there could be improvements with that.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Ansroff wrote: »
    +1

MOAR2.jpg
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Lets wait to see what theyre doing with Territory Battles first, this does include ships in a Guild game mode which has its own store so there could be improvements with that.

I dont think it will be much, in the image of the territory battles posted by capgasp, the sections are specific to what kinds of units you use. The ratio so farlooks like 4 to 1. So for every 4 ground events there will be a ship territory battle. It doesnt look like we will be using ships for many events inside there. Which roster wise kind of makes sense since we have about 1/4 as many ships as we do character's.
  • Options
    Who's playing fleet just once a day, only for complete daily challenge?

Plz raise ur hand ;)
  • Options
    I completely agree. PvE would be awesome. Surprised we cannot get 7* capital ships already. And where is the hardware???? Love for a ship raid or a raid which uses ships too. Hopefully the next big content they work on is ships....
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    Options
    slamaMC wrote: »
    Agree 100%, I currently have nothing to spend my 20 mil ship credits on. Plus I have nothing to do with my ships besides fight a few arena battles each day against the exact same Biggs target locks squads. Please give us new content.

This is also an issue that will only get worse, as the 1 year mark approaches and no new ships, what will happen is when they do release a new ship, everyone will be able to lvl 85, max skills day 1. There is always talk of the credit crunch with characters but with ships, its more credit excess and its too soon to be experiencing that.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Ansroff wrote: »
    +1

MOAR2.jpg

Hahah, I thought I was being funny...WELL PLAYED!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Holy kitten it's been a year already!
    Ha! That was my reaction, too!
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Who's playing fleet just once a day, only for complete daily challenge?

Plz raise ur hand ;)
    Yeah, that's me. I really do enjoy ships, and I've been spending my building materials down to 0 (well, between 0 and 569) every day ranking them all up just because why the heck not. But I also only do one or two a day. I sit around 150 on my leaderboard and can't quite dip far enough down to reach the top 100 reward tier, nor can I be pushed back far enough to fall outside the top 200 tier, so I don't really feel the heat to do more than one or two a day.

Here's hoping that Territory Battles alleviate things a bit!

Stuff I'd like to see:
    --Cycle Millennium Falcon out of packs and into the top row of fleet purchases. (Edit: Out of packs ONLY. Keep it in packs, of course, but add to farm. Sorry if that was unclear)
    --Cycle Cassian's U-Wing into packs.
    --A ship raid.
    --A fourth capital ship. Preferably dark side, but not empire.
    --Ship events.
    --A Ship challenge that gives the hard to farm gear. (T1 could be Mk1 BAW Armor mods, T2 adds Mk3 Weapon Mods, T3 adds one of Mk3 Holo Projectors, Mk5 Stun Guns, Mk2 Bacta Gel, or Mk3 Stun Cuffs; T4 adds another one of those.)
    A PvE board would be nice, but I don't really know what the point of it would be, so pass.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Also had some other thoughts. Since the massive increase in zetas, the methods of acquition is very low. If CG want to keep the motif of zetas coming from ships primarily. They will need to increase the amount of ways of getting them within the ship table.

Adjusting arena rewards to include something like a smugglers crate, that has a random reward inside that would scale upwards for each rank. For instance reward Zeta,Omega,Fleet Omega,Prestige Tokens, Tier Ship 3 mats, and future hardware materials ad potential rewards? 1st place could get a random reward of a zeta, omega fleet token or regular omega. 2nd Place: Omega fleet, Omega, Prestige Token, 3rd place: Omega fleet, Prestige, Tier 3 Tokens so on and so forth.

Also a galactic war type table with potential zeta and ship omegas rewards in the final tiers . This rewards players with deeper rosters