Journey Begins pack for 699 crystals- share results

It turns out that I need 180 old ben shards by the end of the event- which works out at 30 a day, which will be difficult.
Therefore i am considering buying the Journey Begins pack for 699 crystals, and will cross my fingers for generous rng.

What sort of results are people seeing from this/ or similar packs??

Replies

• Options
    I averaged 20 shards. Got one pack worth 100 Leia
  • Options
    enjoy your shard shop currency lol.

Haha thanks
  • Lion
    51 posts Member
    Options
    10 Leia shards. Expected Old Ben )
  • Options
    If you only miss shards on Old Ben, I'd buy the Old Ben bundle (80 shards) then to three cantina energy refills each day, on his 8-energy node (on average 20 shards per day). In five days, it'd be ok.
  • Woofy_MC
    219 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    If you only miss shards on Old Ben, I'd buy the Old Ben bundle (80 shards) then to three cantina energy refills each day, on his 8-energy node (on average 20 shards per day). In five days, it'd be ok.

Better not buy the random packs. If you believe me or not, but those packs are programmed to give you the character you dont need. It checks your Inventory and gives you a low amount of shards for heroes you already have (Not always but most of the time). It is totally not worth it! You get more when you invest the 600 Energy into the cantina :) Also wasting 20 dollars on a simple character for a mobile game is...well...kitten...Its everybodys own choice but Luke is not worth the money. The game will bring another OP hero out in some weeks or months and all your money is wasted again.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »

Better not buy the random packs. If you believe me or not, but those packs are programmed to give you the character you dont need. It checks your Inventory and gives you a low amount of shards for heroes you already have (Not always but most of the time). It is totally not worth it! You get more when you invest the 600 Energy into the cantina :) Also wasting 20 dollars on a simple character for a mobile game is...well...kitten...Its everybodys own choice but Luke is not worth the money. The game will bring another OP hero out in some weeks or months and all your money is wasted again.

You do know the guy was talking about the OB pack?
    The one that guarentees 80 shards?
    Not the RNG pack which gives 10 shards because money and "bad" (read rigged) RNG.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    One pull, got 15 Leia shards.

Never again
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    I need shards for all four characters. So, after i paid for half a vault, i rolled ten card packs. Mostly ten and twelve shard drops for each character. I got at least one drop of 20 for OB, maybe a 15 for someone else... But maybe not. Probably not worth it unless you're on the cusp.
  • Options
    5 packs.
    2x sth - 20 shards total
    2x old Ben - 25 shards total
    1x Leia - 10 shards total

Need another 85 shards for Leia. It's doable given I keep 2nd or 1st in arena
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If you are going to spend crystals, 5x refreshes costs 700 crystals and you can get around 35 shards. Depending how many crystals you have saved and how you do in arena this may be a much safer path.

For the cantina farm sim 3 battles at a time. Expect 1 shard per 3 simmed battles. If you get 0 shards twice ina row stop farming and go do something else, then return a few minutes later to give rng a chance to reset. Don't sim 20 at a time, too much variability. Easy to get 1 shard / 20 battles which is the absolute worst.
  • Uoza
    10 posts Member
    Options
    8 packs - 8×12 shards including luke, leia and old ben.
  • Options
    Yea. Don't buy it. I've bought it twice, and a part of me died inside. First time was 13 shards for Han, and then again for 15. Absolutely heartbreaking. This is more than likely rigged. My luck is terrible, but not bad enough to merit a 13 and 15 out of 10-330. Ridiculous.