Prev1
Strubz
429 posts Member
edited August 2017
So already in my shard is this lovely team:
Y1sfz7t.png

Led by this man:

BCDpbhm.png

I fought 10 times. Lost every time. I haven't lost on offense in over a month.

Tmq9NCe.png

Typical result:

9sNQXG8.png

Closest I got:

UHqarN9.png

I'm at a loss. No clue how to beat this team. It's all counters, stealth, foresight, taunts, debuffs and cleanses with 3 toons that hit like a truck attack. Any thoughts?

EDIT:

A couple shard mates in our discord chat took a shot including a zQGJ and Zaul lead with no luck.

UPDATE:

This team was eventually beaten by Rex lead, Thrawn, R2D2, Nihilus, and Shoretrooper. Guy isn't in our shard chat so I don't have specifics but do see that he remodded his R2D2 to be faster than everyone on opposing team (by a hair).

So the key is as a few of you have noted, you need an ultra fast Thrawn, ultra fast R2D2, taunting tank like Shore, and everyone's favorite standard toon, Nihilus.

Glad to see it can be done without GK.
Post edited by Strubz on

Replies

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot about the stuns. Lots of stuns. Should note that last pic is not as close as it looks. I had insanely good RNG and fired off annihilate twice.
  • Options
    Get your own CLS team with better mods. Game is officially broken.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Sturmbock wrote: »

All those toons are modded with over 100 bonus speed and crit damage. Although Luke only had +95 speed. Even my 274 speed Thrawn giving TM to DT for cooldowns did more harm than good. They all counter and DT typically gets near death or stunned and everyone gets more TM. Ahsoka downed my Vader in one whirlwind hit.
  • Options
    Rex, r2, thrawn, dn and gk
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Strubz wrote: »

All those toons are modded with over 100 bonus speed and crit damage. Although Luke only had +95 speed. Even my 274 speed Thrawn giving TM to DT for cooldowns did more harm than good. They all counter and DT typically gets near death or stunned and everyone gets more TM. Ahsoka downed my Vader in one whirlwind hit.

Use a tank maybe? Take out Vader since he's not a very good standalone toon right now and doesn't bring anything to that team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bumping over to correct sub forum.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Change Vader for Shoretrooper or another tank
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    INSANE !!!! JUST INSANE!!!!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Mikalbra wrote: »
    Rex, r2, thrawn, dn and gk

That team also gets destroyed according to others in my shard.
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Not trying to start an argument here ... just wondering about the logic. What use is a taunting tank, if Luke can dispel the taunt and add buff immunity at the same time, so no re-taunt? That makes Shoretrooper absolutely useless, does it not? Or am I missing something obvious?
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Options

Definitely. If 8 hours of rearranging squads of already geared and leveled toons hasn't churned out an answer, it is officially hopeless.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »

Not trying to start an argument here ... just wondering about the logic. What use is a taunting tank, if Luke can dispel the taunt and add buff immunity at the same time, so no re-taunt? That makes Shoretrooper absolutely useless, does it not? Or am I missing something obvious?

No, no, you are right...
    Anyways Vader is not the best option
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options

Very simple answer, if DT uses his special then the cooldowns are increased by one. If DN uses his special then their cooldowns are increased again. With his Thrawn going first and giving tm to DT, Luke won't be able to use his dispel for 1-2 turns (if DN gets him too). That means the counters are gonna go into Shore and keep the important people safe, for at least a turn or two. Without the tank the counters go right into your attackers and bam, battles over before you can react.
  • Options
    I guess since taunting tanks don't work, we revert to the strategy used before Baze and Shore were introduced... Raid Han. Stun their Luke. Then fracture him, and move on from there, I guess. Sucks to have a Raid Han in an otherwise nice empire squad tho.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »

Very simple answer, if DT uses his special then the cooldowns are increased by one. If DN uses his special then their cooldowns are increased again. With his Thrawn going first and giving tm to DT, Luke won't be able to use his dispel for 1-2 turns (if DN gets him too). That means the counters are gonna go into Shore and keep the important people safe, for at least a turn or two. Without the tank the counters go right into your attackers and bam, battles over before you can react.

Well, that is true too, I don't use DT, so I didn't remeber that :neutral:
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Sub Shore and Krennic for Vader and Tarkin and you will be dancing on their graves...
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »

aye well said. I knew I must have been missing something! (which is stupid of me, since I run a Thrawn, DK, DT, Shore, DN team lol)
  • Options
    Zeta Maul, get a fast Sith Assassin. Win
  • Options
    Maul lead is probably your best chance to counter the daze. And maybe put in logray for the 2nf AOE daze?
  • Options
    or switch to a zQGJ team with zBarris in it.
  • Options
    Just use Rex lead

Rex, Thrawn, Nihilus
  • Options
    fought today CLS (L), Chaze, R2D2, and OldBen... won fairly easy... also with GK instead of OldBen.
    not zetad but to be honest, if that team had a Rex L instead, i'd lose, because im using Zaul, Zavage, SA, Palp, zDN. anyway, at the moment i took out R2, it was done. Siths can counter Rebels SO HARD, but all of this in case R2 is dead. otherwise, the 10% accuracy is gonna do you hard time. actually i wasn't that impressed by CLS in the first day, BUT its probably because lack of the 3 zetad and full super-insane mods... on the other side, any toon with super-insane mods and 3 zeta investment will rule the arena. xD.
    anyway, it will take time to find something that counters him. mirroring is obviously cool, but if we wanna find a different option, with fast theory craft i'd say that while Zaul L is gonna die because of CLS, but DN lead and Zaul under him will be good option. daze feels like a must. palp/zooku also feel like a must, because of the shock. thrawn fructure is crucial aswell. so i'd say something like DN(L), Thrawn, Maul, Zooku/palp, GK/SithTrooper can do great against CLS L with rebels. but time and experience will tell.
  • Options
    Would it be hard for you to switch to Luke R-2 Han Leia and Thrawn?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    So I found the team as I noted in my edit to original entry. It's so simple yet so effective. Rex lead, thrawn, r2, nihilus and a horribly undergeared, g9, 5 star shoretrooper.

1UPUNMx.png

It beat this team again for reference:

Y1sfz7t.png

Result:

KMo6Xrq.png
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, how essential was ATF?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Wow, how essential was ATF?

I got ATF neutralized with a fracture, she never got whirlwind off. I may have gotten a little lucky with cooldown increases since my Nihilus doesn't have a zeta on unique. I downed Luke first once I had Annihilate ready, kept stunning GK and the tenacity up from Rex prevented everyone from getting stunned by R2 so I could ignore him and focus on dispelling taunt from Old Ben and working down GK. I admit I was a little worried a couple times but Old Ben still hits like a wet noodle. Considering this was my first attempt with not only this time but also first time using Rex and Shore in an arena squad, I think I did pretty well against a whale team sporting god like mods and multiple zetas.
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Just use Rex lead

Rex, Thrawn, Nihilus

• Options
    Maybe an Emperor come back? His -32% to Rebel potency and Evasion should prove useful, as well as Tarkin's nasty debuffs and of course Deathtrooper always like to chomp on some tasty Rebel scum
  • Options
    Maybe an Emperor come back? His -32% to Rebel potency and Evasion should prove useful, as well as Tarkin's nasty debuffs and of course Deathtrooper always like to chomp on some tasty Rebel scum

Maybe now is the time for some Emperor zetas ;)
  • Options
    Right now I'm a little away from where I want my CLS team to be, but here is my fun current comp:

CLS lead, Han (Zolo in about a week), zzr2, zthrawn, shore... Playing around with srp who I have maxed and at 200 speed but find him only good as a second taunt; will max Obi but he's down the zeta list for now.