When a character gains '+100% Tenacity'...

Is this meant to be equivalent to Tenacity Up, i.e. they can't receive a debuff, or is it just used as in the typical calculation, meaning that chance to resist is Tenacity-Potency+15? This is obviously a big difference and would effect both CLS and Thrawn, I believe. If it's the former tenacity doesn't matter when I mod CLS, but if it's the later I might consider trying to mod CLS' Tenacity.

Any definite answer here (i.e. I'd appreciate evidence, not conjecture, lol) is much appreciated. Thanks!
Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!

Replies

• Options
    Its not tenacity - potency +15... Its tenacity - potency is greater than or equal to 15... As for ur question idk
  • Options
    +100% tenacity is not equivalent to tenacity up. A toon with 100% tenacity can still be debuffed after the tenacity vs potency check. Tenacity up is I believe +99900% tenacity which is basically debuff immunity unless it's a debuff that can't be resisted
  • Options

CamaroAMF wrote: »
    +99900% tenacity
    This
  • Options
    I believe that there are two checks.

First is Tenacity - Potency = % chance to resist

Second is 15% base chance.

So for instance, 100% tenacity against an opponent with 80% potency = 20% chance to resist.

If that fails, 15% base chance tries again.
  • Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »
    Its not tenacity - potency +15... Its tenacity - potency is greater than or equal to 15... As for ur question idk

Thanks for catching that mistake... my bad!
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

So for instance, 100% tenacity against an opponent with 80% potency = 20% chance to resist.

It isn't 2 separate checks. If it comes up with a number less than 15% then it uses that for the one roll that it does. Chance to resist is never lower than 15%.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

It isn't 2 separate checks. If it comes up with a number less than 15% then it uses that for the one roll that it does. Chance to resist is never lower than 15%.

That's always been my understanding. It's an if/else statement... if Tenacity-potency>15, you get tenacity-potency% chance to resist. Otherwise its 15% chance.

So basically getting +100% tenacity buff is ok, but not great, since most toons who debuff already have potency in the 50-60% range. But it might be worth it to give CLS a Tenacity cross mod... that way he's gonna have around 150% tenacity with that buff, and a huge likelihood to resist.

It's going to be a few more days until I have Old Ben 7*, so it's mostly theorycrafting for a bit longer. Thanks for the input guys!