Empire Suggestions by Empire Players

Prev1
Aero
2972 posts Member
With yet more Rebel reworks and characters coming in, the community of Empire enthusiasts took to our discord channel to come up with what we are reasonable additions: Emperor Palpatine zetas, a new Darth Vader unique, and the Scout Trooper.

We came up with the following descriptions together. Of course no one expects any of this to actually happen identically, but it is a good starting point for discussion and can hopefully avoid situations where a zeta releases in such poor condition as Tarkin's leader zeta. So here is what we came up with.

Emperor Palpatine Leader Zeta: Empire allies gain Sith bonuses and vice versa. Bonuses and penalties are increased from 32 to 35%. Additionally whenever an empire or Sith ally applies a debuff, they regain 5% protection.

Reasoning: Unifying the Sith and Empire seems obvious and many great leader abilities involve protection recovery, and the Emperor should be a great leader.

Emperor Palpatine Unique Zeta: Shocked enemies lose all buffs. Debuffs cannot be cleansed while an enemy is shocked.

Reasoning: Ever since the dominance of the triple cleanse and cleansing era in general, all players with debuff teams have wanted is a way to make the debuffs stay their full duration. There is no better character than the ultimate bad guy himself!

Side note: Yoda has 2 zetas, Thrawn has 2 zetas, and Luke has 3 zetas. Emperor Palpatine is the only legendary event character without any zeta.

Darth Vader Unique: Whenever an enemy falls below 50% health or is defeated, Darth Vader gains 100% turn meter. Zeta: When this ability is triggered, Darth Vader gains advantage and his next attack has +100% offense and can't be evaded.

Reasoning: Darth Vader was released at the start of the game when the only character with 5 abilities was Asajj. Times have changed, Vader needs a unique. This unique mirrors Jedi Knight Anakin which is very thematically fitting, and it also allows him to fit perfectly with an Imperial Trooper team with Veers, which is also fitting as Vader often led the troops.

Scout Trooper:
Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper

Scout Pistol (Basic): Deal physical damage to the enemy and inflict evasion down and defense down. If the target is stealthed, dispel stealth and grant Scout Trooper stealth for 2 turns. If Scout Trooper already has stealth, grant a random teammate who doesn't stealth for 2 turns. If stealth was removed, expose the target.

Concussion Grenade (Special 1): Daze all enemies. This ability deals no damage and thus bypasses foresight. Rebels and Ewoks cannot resist this.

Enemy Spotted (Special 2): Apply taunt and buff immunity to target for 2 turns. This taunt and buff immunity can't be dispelled.

Scout Training (Unique): Scout Trooper can target stealthed enemies. Whenever a stealthed enemy is damaged, Scout Trooper gains 10% turn meter. All Imperial Trooper allies gain 15% accuracy. ZETA: Whenever a taunting enemy is attacked, Scout Trooper is called to assist.

Reasoning: With the fairly recent trooper update and very recent Ewok update and now the Endor AT-ST event, it is as good a time as ever to release this fan favorite. The kit allows as a good example of an anti stealth character which doesn't really exist yet.

Not everyone in the Empire community agreed exactly with these, but these ideas had the greatest support. Feel free to critique away.

Replies

• Options
    Definite to adding a zeta to Palp and adding a Unique to Vader. Not sure about the Scout Trooper. Not a fan of Scout Trooper.
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Good Stuff.

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Agreed. Palp and Vader are two of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars Universe. They should be so In The game as well. Maybe some synergies too?
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    Agree and good stuff.

But on a Vader rework he NEEDS force choke, that's his iconic move and shouldn't be without it.

That's like ryu without hadoken and that shouldn't be a thing
  • Options
    I like it. Force choke could be like Nihilus zeta. Automatic health down on enemy turn - but stackable.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    With Hoth TB coming up gimme a Probe Droid, give a boost to Empire and Droids.
  • Options
    Imperial probe droid is a great idea. Could do AOE damage on defeat. Blows up.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    With Hoth TB coming up gimme a Probe Droid, give a boost to Empire and Droids.

TB will coming, and guess what they will give us?

ANOTHER REBELS!!

:lol::lol:
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    These are all fantastic suggestions... that’s why I voted for them.

I wrote a really long post here that disappeared when I hit save.

Summary: Empire rework is not even on the same planet as three zeta Luke and the new ANH reworks. Moff lead zeta is hot garbage. Throw us a bone.
  • Options
    I love the Scout idea. By far the coolest trooper and deserves a good kit.
  • Options
    The sad thing is the major imperials are mainly accounted for
  • Options
    Like everything but Scout Trooper. Two specials that do no damage, I wouldnt pick him first. I do like the basic, and if you could find a way to apply buffs with the specials, for troopers to gain tm under Veers lead then maybe. I love the unique, except i would prefer when Scout Trooper attacks a taunting enemy, call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage, shut down a taunting tank quicker.

• Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Enemy Spotted: I feel like its needs something more, maybe an Expose or a thermal Detonator, or call an assist, and if the assisting unit is empire call another unit to assist?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    EP Lead zeta, while EP is alive all Darth Vader leadership abilities are active. Empire and sith allies gain +5 % protection whenever they inflict a debuff. All Rebels start with ability blocked.
    Vader unique: Fear of the Dark Lord: Vader gains +2 speed per debuff given and 25% crit damage .
    Post edited by KueChael on
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    +1, all good ideas and much deserved. The only other thing is including rebels in Vader's basic
    Post edited by Rakim on
  • Options
    +1, Vader unique and palp lead and unique ideas are solid. Would love to see everything here in game
  • Options
    Palpatine's unique zeta is a pretty awesome idea. Shocked enemies cannot be cleansed.
    This would make Palpatine pretty much the counter to any light side team at the moment (which he should be anyway).
    Plus the dispel when applying shock sounds amazing as well.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Only JKL should be able to beat Palpatine
  • Options
    My idea for palpatine

Special 2 zeta: if any units are not stunned, apply ability block on them for 1 turn.
    Unique zeta: if royal guard is present, emperor gains 10% of his health and protection.

Leader zeta: rebel and jedi enemies can not resist debuffs applied during empire or sith allies turns.

Royal Guard :
    Unique zeta: each time emperor gets damaged Royal Guard counter attacks.
  • Options
    When this gets moved, look for it in Character Feedback.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yoda has 2 zetas .... Just for putting him as an example i hope you imperials get 2 zetas of the same level as we jedi got ... One totally useless and the other one marginally useful on full faction team, strapped to a character that is close to useless :D
  • Options
    Vader needs a Blaster Counter, with the animation of reflecting the blaster with his saber. The fact this animation still isn't in game is unacceptable. @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat
    Ooba hutar.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Vader needs a Blaster Counter, with the animation of reflecting the blaster with his saber. The fact this animation still isn't in game is unacceptable. @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat

I would love seeing some blaster shots returned to sender.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Make Tie Fighter Pilots ability block irresistible.

Please.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Looks fantastic to me. +1
  • Options
    Definite to adding a zeta to Palp and adding a Unique to Vader. Not sure about the Scout Trooper. Not a fan of Scout Trooper.

We have mob enforcer and no scout trooper....*pauses for dramatic effect* ...*repeats for more dramatic effect* ...mob enforcer and no scout trooper.
  • Options
    My PvP team is entirely Empire, and I do consider myself an Imperial Enthusiast, so I have a few suggestions.
    - The Rebels are largely based on having a ton of buffs on themselves, and the Empire is meant to be the opposite. At the moment, it's hard to argue that countering debuffs is VASTLY easier than countering buffs.

So, I'd suggest that they either add a new character or alter one of the current Empire leader abilities to include: 'Any time an enemy gains more than 3 buffs, they receive tenacity down."

This basically works as a hard counter to the current meta and, since cleansing it would just result in immediate re-application, forces people to use characters whose sole purpose isn't 'can give lots of buffs', like Chirrut, GK, etc.

- Vader rework should happen, and it should be big. Vader is meant to be one of the most terrifying characters in Star Wars. People across the galaxy feared him, and for good reason. This guy shouldn't be entirely based around building debuffs then executing people, because it's not that interesting. He should be like EP or Kylo, a ticking time bomb that can, under the right circumstances, take down the entire enemy team alone. If EP gets shock on every enemy, the game is as good as done. If Kylo gets attacked a lot but not killed or sufficiently debuffed, he can 100 to 0 tanks with a single swipe. Vader deserves the same, if not better.

- More supports! Just because they're the bad guys, doesn't mean the Empire can't be supportive of one-another. Having good support abilities makes any team more fun to play. Even if it's something silly like 'give each ally a random buff, then switch all of their turns meters around with each other'.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Characters