Stun or speed down?

So what I'm essentially trying to do is get more turns for my healers to heal... I was thinking of having these 3: 555's phasma Chewbacca for speed down then two healers for which they buy some time. Chewbacca doesn't have speed down but I figure with 555's 100 chance to speed down and phasma speed down on all enemies I don't need another speed down. Or I can try these 3: Ventress Consorcant and old daka. I chose those 3 because their regular attacks give them a chance to stun everytime instead of cooldowns.

So I guess in general holding everything else CONSTANT, what do u think is more effective in buying more turns? My estimate would be speed down on 4/5 members or 1 stun per round/every one of ur team member went once.

Replies

• Options
    If your asking which is better in GW, the answers is stuns.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    Thanks I should also note the stun characters I mention ignoring the constant have low hp I believe, so maybe count dooku or other stun characters if I can get them.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    sfSFsffsaf wrote: »
    Thanks I should also note the stun characters I mention ignoring the constant have low hp I believe, so maybe count dooku or other stun characters if I can get them.

The best stunner in the game is Old Daka and she has lots of health once she's maxed.
  • Options
    Yeah agreed. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry I wanr to ask u one more thing. Chewbacca'so leader ability +50 damage and Def up.. say if someone inflicts 1000 damage without thsee defensive boosts. how much does take off with the extra def? Is it worth it in your opinion?
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sorry I wanr to ask u one more thing. Chewbacca'so leader ability +50 damage and Def up.. say if someone inflicts 1000 damage without thsee defensive boosts. how much does take off with the extra def? Is it worth it in your opinion?

Defence in this game is very underpowered. Chewbacca's leader ability is only viable at lower levels.

If someone deals 1000 damage, defence up will maybe reduce that to 900.

Some good team leaders are Darth Sidious and Captian Phasma. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    In arena I find that Phasma's speed down is enough. With 5's you really only get his speed down on counter attacks because when you're attacking someone they should be dead soon. 5's doesn't get attacked much so you won't get a lot of speed down. It also doesn't proc as much as you'd think in arena.

If you want more turns then turn meter manipulation seems to work better. Phasma's speed down does help, but mostly because it all happens in one turn. You don't need to rely on a character being attacked or spending several turns slowing people. The match will likely be decided before 5's gets to go more than 2 or 3 times which hopefully will get you 1 or 2 slows. Things like Poe's taunt, Han, Phasma's Vicotory March and Talia's heal will give definite turn meter advantage.

Dooku is awesome against teams that rely on a Jedi healer. You can usually stun them before they can do anything and either take out them or some other toon before they can heal. Daka can totally ruin a team if she gets any RNG love.
  • Options
    Yeah I had a feeling after doing some tests with phsama and Chewbacca as leaders. Thanks
  • Options
    Yeah I will look into that as well. I actually thought of that when I first started Chewbacca ewok and raider all remove turn meters with regular attacks or I can use characters that increase it as well. Thanks.
  • Options
    Yeah I will look into that as well. I actually thought of that when I first started Chewbacca ewok and raider all remove turn meters with regular attacks or I can use characters that increase it as well. Thanks.
    Chewie's turn meter reduction on his regular attack looks nice, but he's so slow and usually spends the first turn taunting that he might only get to use it once or twice so there's a relatively low chance of it actually doing anything. It's awesome in the tanks vs. Mace Windu challenge, though. Between Chewie and Han reducting his turn meter and 5's and FOST slowing him down he rarely gets to even attack once before I beat him.

I haven't used the other two, though.