We Need a Better Recruiting Meathod

Let's be honest, Guild Recruitment is pretty hard, Most daily players love their guild. Most casual players just get left straggling on the bottom. The forums are kind of a dead space, all I see is groups of 15-20 who don't want to break up & groups that only need 5-10 players to fill up. Everyone is asking, but no one is moving. And we all want to be ready for that new patch.
Is there something we can do on the forums? Can we create an "announcement" or 2 for categories? I would imagine guilds of 5 or less might not have a representative active in the forums? That eliminates a good number of searches.
Is there something we can in game? Can we make players searchable by guild or rather No Guild? Perhaps with filters so we can weed out any "No Guild" "Inactive" players?
I am asking for idea's mine are rarely hits, but I am asking the question.
Perhaps if we all kick our causal players (No activity for over a week) on the same day, then it might re-rejuvenate not only the the amount of people looking to join guilds, but also their interest in the game turning a casual player into a daily one... We can call it the Great Guild Culling... 8/25/17...?!?

Kill Safe,
-Nutzoids
Kill Safe,
-Nutzoids
https://swgoh.gg/u/nutzoids/

Replies

• Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Moving to Feedback: Guilds so that this will be viewed by the right parties
  • Options

Some random thoughts I have had on subject.

In game:
    Guild listing should include (automatically generated):
    Typical Guild Tickets earned per day (or number of raids completed in last month).
    Typical guild activity tier reached (e.g. average for last week).
    When, in my local time, the guild day resets.
    The level of the last raids the guild completed (e.g., Pit: 7, AAT: normal)

Raid tickets earned and guild activity tier would give an idea of how active the guild is. How fast is it progressing. Some of these things would be just nice to have, to free up the guild description, or for the guild reset time, an ease of use thing - saves me calculating what the reset time is for my timezone.

Would be nice to have an additional status of guild members on sabaticle (or limbo, or ghost, or some such). When a guild member suddenly goes inactive, after a while you could put them in this limbo state. They wouldn't count towards guild membership. But if they resume play, the guild is notified with option to bring/invite them back in. (Give returning player access to the guild chat so can explain what happened.) That could ease recruitment, and help people resume playing, when unavoidable/unexpected things (i.e., life) happens.

Out of game:
    Recruitment listings would be easier to read if they listed times in some consistent reference system. (It is a bother to have to convert each time to my local time to figure what it is.) If they were all in GMT, e.g., then I would just have to convert my daily schedule to GMT, and I could tell when things (guild day reset, raids, etc.) happen. Even better would be a database which included this information and converted it all to my time.

Listings should indicate language(s) used.

• Options
    Better guild management tools would also help.

It should be easier to get information about guild participants. For instance:
    Who did not participate in a raid? (They logged in during the time, but didn't enter the raid.)
    How much did each individual contribute to daily guild activity? (e.g., over the last week, or month).
    How many raid tokens did they generate per day they logged in in the last (day, week, month, whatever)?

It takes a lot of busywork to figure out any of these things, just the sort of busywork which computers are good at and should do for us. Easy access to this sort of information might help inspire people to either improve their play, or help the guild decide what sort of players they want to be (and help players see if their own goals fit with the group).

For instance, a display ranking each guild member on how much of the potential daily guild activity they did, and showing how much better the payout could be if people did a little more, might encourage people to do more for the team (boosting their reward, and everyone's).

Making this information readily available might aid recruitment in that it could help sort out the guilds more, grouping players with similar goals. (If you aren't interested in raids - great, as long as you are in a similar group. Don't care about daily guild activity - fine, as long as you and the group see clearly what they are missing.) So initially such tools might result in a bunch of people changing guilds (making recruitment easier). Remaining groups that are having problems finding people might be smaller, clearer in what they want, and possibly easier to match up with other like-minded groups.