Why can't I solo the rancor?? Someone help

I have Zader. I can run all empire. I can run all sith. I can run everyone with speeds of +84 to +107. I can run everyone with potency between 70% and 100%. I have g11 on Vader, tfp, Shore, ep, maul, sidious, nihilus, g10 on dt and savage. I have rex, and QGJ g10 and 11, I have r2d2 g11 and teebo g8. Nothing I try can get me past more than 2 phases. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Options
    You don't have Tarkin who can remove 50% TM with his special and who's potency stacks every time he uses his basic
  • Options
    Jyn, Thrawn, or CLS are the best toons for soloing the Rancor.
  • Options
    I'm getting agitated I wasted a zeta on Vader only to have him get nerfed, I wasted a zeta on kylo only to have him get nerfed, but they don't do anything about chaze
  • Options
    I'm just waiting for them to nerf the zeta I put on Qgj now
  • Options
    @Skycrawler1980 Best advice I can offer is to only use culling blade with Vader when force crush has one turn left to cooldown, keeping speed down on the rancor helps a lot. So does the tenacity down from TFP
  • Skycrawler1980
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @phatphil3
    I only use basic with Zader unlesd the gate is down and I can finish a phase with culling blade. I use force crush and sids aoe anytime it's off cool down.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    You are not using culling blade enough. The damage from that move will cut down time in each phase and cut down the damage from the Rancor
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Cutting down the damage done by limiting the number of moves that the Rancor uses
  • Options
    Moved to Strategy.

Already some good answers, I see. Zader was a Rancor-solo-machine when the bug was alive, but on his own, with pure Empire squad, it's noticeably harder, especially without Tarkin and Thrawn. Magmatrooper is also a good one.
    With CLS and Han Solo's rework, a Rebel squad (with Jyn and Bistan too) might be the easiest for a solo.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I solo with zader tfp tarkin no zeta only omega on his tm reduction jyn and DN can auto and hit 50% into p4 before I die if I manual full solo. Zader g11 s 199 jyn g10 s 234 tarkin g10 s 204 tfp g10 s 236 DN g11 s 201
  • Options
    Sith1 wrote: »
    I solo with zader tfp tarkin no zeta only omega on his tm reduction jyn and DN can auto and hit 50% into p4 before I die if I manual full solo. Zader g11 s 199 jyn g10 s 234 tarkin g10 s 204 tfp g10 s 236 DN g11 s 201

I used to use Zvader, Tarkin, Jyn, teebo and TFP for manual solo, now swapped TFP for CLS and auto it ^^
  • Options
    Zader Jyn tfp r2 teebo. Will drop tfp for CLS in a couple days.

Dont have extra special mods, you can check it out on my swgog.gg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/quicogalante/

Zader, only use CB when door is down ( if you do, make sure jyns assist and vaders force crush are ready to go)

Jyn always uses assist call on tfp, remover tm when available

R2 uses smoke screen on vader ( hes tanky, but odds are you wont ever get hit so might pick anyone) thus leaving teebo stealthed

Teebo only use basic, and stealth when r2 smoke screen expires

Tfp, there for tenacity down and basic tm removal, he can get more damage in than vader. Im changing him for CLS once i max his abilities
  • Greenmojo
    214 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The team I used to run before commander Luke Skywalker was added was:

Teebo Lead
    R2
    Jyn (mine is still g7)
    Tie fighter pilot
    Captain Phasma

Can auto phase 2 and 3 so that makes up for my low damage in the team.
    I just manually play the first round or 2 to make sure i get speed down and then the boss never gets a turn on auto.
    P4 i play manually.

The idea of the team is that TFP adds tenacity down so you do not need to mod for potency at all.
    Just go for speed.
    With R2d2 and Teebo you can keep teebo permanently stealthed when manually playing.
    Phasma provides speed down and defense down. Can use another character that applies speed down.

I have R2D2 as my fastest guy in that team so he can use smoke screen on TFP so he is sure to crit and apply tenacity down and can save my stealth on Teebo until it is needed.

Hope this is helpful

Richard
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm getting agitated I wasted a zeta on Vader only to have him get nerfed, I wasted a zeta on kylo only to have him get nerfed, but they don't do anything about chaze

They weren't nerfed, they were bugged, so devs made them WAI
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    I just did a solo with zader, Tarkin, tfp, jyn and CLS. Meh gear and mods. I relied mostly on empire and CLS tm reduction on hit. Jyn if rancor starts to build tm and Tarkin if she gets resisted.

Having 2 toons each that can apply speed down, tenacity down, and completely wipe tm makes the whole process easier.

If Jyn's airstrike and Vade's culling blade are both off cooldown when the rancor is at low tm, I'll use them. Even if force crush is on cooldown. CLS applies speed down on basic.